[ROM 2.3.5]

Guest LB88

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0

How about ROM size/free space? Any NOTICEABLE improvement over 2.3.4? Google Wallet looks pretty good but considering there is only approximately 5 vendors in the world that will accept this as payment; its not enough for me to upgrade.

Maybe I'll just wait for Ice Cream Sandwich :)

Guest mcgill905

I love this BIN. Thanks!

Tried Quadrand Standard and score was 1480. LinPack For Android was 36.

Hi Vikings123,

The ROM worked good for you? No probs installing?

I am eager to try this ROM on my Acer Liquid Metal, am just a bit concerned, because I am in North America (Canada) will this ROM work for me, in your opinion?

Have installed recovery MT 2.2

and have Superuser 2.3.6.3

I currently have Android 2.2.2

baseband ver: A4-01.24.01

Kernel ver: 2.6.29-perf

Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

Guest vikings123

Hi Vikings123,

The ROM worked good for you? No probs installing?

I am eager to try this ROM on my Acer Liquid Metal, am just a bit concerned, because I am in North America (Canada) will this ROM work for me, in your opinion?

Have installed recovery MT 2.2

and have Superuser 2.3.6.3

I currently have Android 2.2.2

baseband ver: A4-01.24.01

Kernel ver: 2.6.29-perf

Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

So far, it works OK. It is fast.

As long as you can ready English, you are doing OK with this ROM.wink.gif

Guest stonebear

Avg 44, std 18.

I just tested mine (Official Froyo that came installed) and got avg=30, std=5.83 so that's a big jump.

I am thinking of installing this, I am new to smartphones of any kind (only got this about a week ago, I have rooted the phone and installed recovery mode), I have downloaded this version of ADT http://android.modaco.com/topic/339380-adtnew-acer-download-tool/

I assume I select the .bin in the "merged OS" box and click "start"? Should I have USB-debugging selected?

Google Wallet looks pretty good but considering there is only approximately 5 vendors in the world that will accept this as payment; its not enough for me to upgrade.

I think it's only for the Nexus S 4G on Spring ATM. But I agree, it does look like an interesting new feature.

Guest TechnoLover
I assume I select the .bin in the "merged OS" box and click "start"? Should I have USB-debugging selected?

Yes, you should enable USB-Debugging ;) If you're asked because of the partition table layout, click "Yes" but only if you know what you're flashing (in this case it should be no problem)

Guest stonebear

Yes, you should enable USB-Debugging ;) If you're asked because of the partition table layout, click "Yes" but only if you know what you're flashing (in this case it should be no problem)

Thanks! :)

edit

I have installed it but I have a couple of problems :

I can't see the option to swap from Acer's UI to ordinary Android UI? The option used to be in "settings-applications".

I have installed 2.2 recovery but can't access it by holding "vol-up, vol-down, shutter, power"?

I ran Qudrant benchmark yesterday (when I had Froyo) and the models on the graphics test were detailed (the planets looked like planets), I just ran it again and the models are not detailed at all, just basic grey shapes.

Edited by stonebear

Thanks! :)

edit

I have installed it but I have a couple of problems :

I can't see the option to swap from Acer's UI to ordinary Android UI? The option used to be in "settings-applications".

I have installed 2.2 recovery but can't access it by holding "vol-up, vol-down, shutter, power"?

I ran Qudrant benchmark yesterday (when I had Froyo) and the models on the graphics test were detailed (the planets looked like planets), I just ran it again and the models are not detailed at all, just basic grey shapes.

you should flash a custom rom, this one is ''official non official yet'', then u can use gscript or any other tool to switch between acer UI and android UI.

to get into recovery, you can install quickboot, or make a reco.bat file, just type in the file ''adb.exe reboot recovery'' and save, then you can boot in recovery by launching the file with the phone plugged in.

hope this can be of some help.

Guest stonebear

you should flash a custom rom, this one is ''official non official yet'', then u can use gscript or any other tool to switch between acer UI and android UI.

to get into recovery, you can install quickboot, or make a reco.bat file, just type in the file ''adb.exe reboot recovery'' and save, then you can boot in recovery by launching the file with the phone plugged in.

hope this can be of some help.

Thanks. :)

What custom rom do you recommend...and don't the custom roms have the ability to switch UI built in??

The reco.bat thing, would that work now even though I am not rooted? If yes, could you explain exactly how I would do it please?

I can't use Quickboot or similar until I am rooted and I can't root if I can't get into recovery, it is strange that the button holding technique to get into recovery won't work because it has worked before (when I had Froyo and Amrona 1.01 installed).

other edit

I got the recovery thing working, I wasn't pressing the buttons correctly. ;)

I can't take Acer's UI so I think I will install Gingerounay for now.

Edited by stonebear

Guest radiokilla

i tried flashing Super user but verification failed or sumthing

msg is : No signature

and yes i am using recovery 2.2

any idea guys?

need help here

Edited by radiokilla

Guest christopher koik

i tried flashing Super user but verification failed or sumthing

msg is : No signature

and yes i am using recovery 2.2

any idea guys?

need help here

Go to "Other" in Recovery menu and choose "Toggle signature verify" in order to Flash in "No signed check mode"

Guest astuermer

PS: only languages avaible are english and asiatics languages i dont know

I've seen some "locale" apps in the market. Did anybody tried that to bring the english ROM into his own language?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jiangyou.setlocale&feature=search_result

https://market.android.com/details?id=jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale&feature=search_result

Guest chris_kozani

I've seen some "locale" apps in the market. Did anybody tried that to bring the english ROM into his own language?

https://market.andro...e=search_result

https://market.andro...e=search_result

i tried it in previous roms but it doesnt work as it should be work for greek launguage.In settings--->launguage and keyboard--->select launguage it changes to greek but all the menus are still in english.But with this way i can have greek menu in navigon.Because navigon doesnt have option inside the app for language and it reads system language.The bad thing is that i have to run locale app,every time after reboot.

Guest radiokilla

Go to "Other" in Recovery menu and choose "Toggle signature verify" in order to Flash in "No signed check mode"

thanks man

but now im getting

E: cant find update script

Guest stonebear

Having problems rooting this, I used Amonra 2.2 and SU 2.3.6.1 but am getting "force closes" on superuser, I installed busybox (during install the installer said there was no current version of busybox installed) and that seemed to fix that but now after rebooting it keeps continually rebooting itself. It just gets started and then reboots to the android symbol.

edit

seems ok now, lol.

Edited by stonebear

Guest astuermer

try to google for this type of superuser root (su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip)

this work for me

Just install latest recovery and flash the SuperUser 3.0 Beta 4 from here.

Worked for me on 2.3.4 rooting without Gingerbreak, Gingerounay or so.

So it should on 2.3.5.

Guest stonebear

I tried Gingerounay before I flashed this and I have noticed that battery life was much better with Gingerounay than this rom, has anyone else noticed battery performance on this rom?