<< LINK2SD GUIDE >> (UPDATED PLEASE READ)

Guest tillaz

Guest cryoglobe

There is not a lot of choice for the skate ( I think or unless it changed in the two past weeks ) ....

I've currently did quite some manipulation with mini tool to work on the partitions, create a new one ( fat32 this time ) and copy back the info of the ext4 partition to it ...

and could finally restart the phone with my stuffs ..

I'll try that partition for a week and see if a reboot gives troubles with the second partition ( or not )

If there is still issue , I'll maybe try another rom

However I would be happy to know Navie's remak / answer

Guest Unchange

I've got like 300mb of unused space on my applications partition after installing basically all the apps I will need. Is there any way to get this back into the main storage partition without deleting anything?

I've got like 300mb of unused space on my applications partition after installing basically all the apps I will need. Is there any way to get this back into the main storage partition without deleting anything?

just unlink your apps by opening them in link2sd and selecting remove link

Guest hvis1608

just unlink your apps by opening them in link2sd and selecting remove link

Similar things happened to me as well on MEdion 2.3.5 rooted ROM. I therefore moved a few applications back to the phone and did the quick reboot option in Link2SD and everything worked again. My advice, if after a while (loading takes a while) the apps don't show up, do a quick reboot in link2SD.

NB: also make sure you have the latest version of superuser, think that this may also be of influence, don't you think?

Guest dadashi

DarkTremors App2SD with the Gui interface is very stabil and reliable, doesnt have any of the link2sd hitches...maybe this could used in our skate mods instead of link2sd

Guest mike williams

Have a problem maybe someone can advise me on.

Link2SD has been working for a few days (bluemonte 1.8D)

But now when I try to create a link I get this error message

"Create Link Failure

cannot create /data/sdext2/someapp.apk:

read-only file system"

I've tried rebooting but no luck.

All the apps seem to be working but the links aren't showing up and its a bit of a mess.

If I want to start again should I:

return all apps back to the phone and unlink where linked.

Then reformat the ext partition.?

Also I am a bit confused as to the difference between choosing the "Move to SD" option and the creating links option.

Have read through oodles of posts and googled but my head is spinning.

Which is the best to do?

TIA

Guest 0mniknightz

i followed all the steps but ends up link2sd stated 'could not find sd card' and in storage info shows that sd card is removed, and 2nd partition unmounted.. any help?

ok i solved that. jz need to set to primary partition for both..that all..

Edited by 0mniknightz

• 3 weeks later...

Just managed to get Clockwork Mod loaded to my brand new OMC, which I unlocked at the weekend. I've swapped out the SD card for a new empty 32GB Sandisk Micro SDHC card. I've got no apps, no music or no photos loaded anywhere and just wondering whether I need to go through this Link2SD procedure as well before I attempt to load a custom ROM?

Edited to ask - should I be doing something like backing up the stock Orange ROM in case anything goes wrong with loading a custom ROM?

Edited by Nozz

Guest PedroVader

I'd do it first, that way you're ready to roll, when the rom is installed, setup the mount script then reboot, and you're good to go.

As far as your stock rom goes, there are plenty to go at in the stock rom thread/sticky, so no need really if its a fresh handset.

Thanks Pedro. Am now stuck part-way through the process. Does my phone need rooted?

As stated above, I've only unlocked and installed ClockwordMod, so no idea if that's been done already or not. I'm thinking not.

I got so far as opening Link2SD (in the tutorial) but am getting messages about root access denied.

If it does need rooted, would this be achieved through loading a custom ROM and could I then go back, open Link2SD and complete the procedure.

P.S. Given Links2SD is a recommended step in the latest ROM tutorial, I don't see the part where it instructs to go to market and search for and download the app. Maybe obvious to most but to beginners like me, who have never even started looking at apps, it isn't. Not criticising, just mentioning for the sake of any other clueless newbies like myself.

Edited by Nozz

Hi, i´m spanish. I read the guide but i dont understand all.

Anyone can translate to spanish ?

Thanks for all.

LINK2SD guía (para Windows)

Partition Wizard: http://www.mediafire...he2gihy0km9vtnw

descargar e instalar el ejecutable. desde el enlace de arriba

conectar el teléfono al ordenador mediante USB y encienda el dispositivo de almacenamiento USB en el teléfono desde las notificaciones.

hacer una copia de seguridad completa de su tarjeta sd - crear una nueva carpeta en el escritorio de las computadoras se llaman sd copia de seguridad, ha abierto su tarjeta SD en el ordenador y pulse la pestaña de edición en la parte superior, haga clic en Seleccionar todo, ahora haga clic derecho en cualquiera de los elementos resaltados y pulse Copiar.

Ahora ve a tu carpeta con el nombre - una copia de seguridad sd - abrirlo y haga clic derecho dentro de la caja vacía y pegar.

(Ahora usted tiene una copia de seguridad completa de la tarjeta sd)

usted puede copiar y pegar este de nuevo en la tarjeta SD cuando hayamos terminado

herramienta abierta Mini Partition Wizard

haga clic para seleccionar la unidad - que debe ser F: doble clic para abrir y hacer shure es

Si no puede ver su dispositivo y que se encienda correctamente, haga clic en la pestaña general en la parte superior y presione Actualizar la información del disco.

ahora ... haga clic en la unidad F: para hacer shure la tarjeta SD se ha seleccionado

ahora en las operaciones de seleccionar la partición de formato

cambio de sistema de archivos a FAT32 y presione OK

a continuación, aplicar en la esquina superior izquierda y esperar a que termine .....

continuación, haga clic derecho sobre la unidad F: haga clic en mover / cambiar el tamaño de

haga clic y sostener el extremo de la barra (a la derecha) y arrastre de nuevo hasta que el espacio no asignado después de: 507.54 MB dice a continuación, pulse Aceptar

Ahora haga clic derecho en la caja no asignados por debajo de F: prensa crean, entonces sí

crear el cambio como: a la educación primaria

cambio de sistema de archivos: FAT32

pulse OK

a continuación, aplicar en la esquina superior izquierda.

esperar ......... que tomará un par de minutos no se ha estrellado.

una vez que termina de cerrar el programa y desactivar el almacenamiento USB y reiniciar el teléfono.

abrir la aplicación link2sd y cuando se pide que seleccione el formato FAT32 seleccionar en la parte inferior, se le indicará que reinicie - hacer esto ahora

al reiniciar el sistema abierto de prensa link2sd el botón de menú a continuación, Ajustes y marque enlace automático

También puedes ver en la configuración automática de enlace y asegúrese de que las tres cajas están marcadas.

De vuelta a la página principal, pulse el botón de menú a continuación, filtrar, seleccionar el usuario. esto le mostrará todas las aplicaciones que se pueden vincular a sd.

Tenga en cuenta que tienes que mover sus aplicaciones a la memoria interna antes de que pueda vincular a la sd.

link2sd de aplicaciones de selección que dicen que hay en la tarjeta SD y luego presione la gestión, verá una opción para hacer <move phone> este

Ahora regresa a la aplicación en link2sd y pulse crear un link en la parte inferior y marque las tres casillas y pulse Aceptar.

después de configurar esto te darás cuenta de que su memoria interna se ve afectado muy poco o nada en absoluto después de la instalación de aplicaciones.

i había 112 aplicaciones en el teléfono en un punto con 125 MB de espacio libre interno

actualización: cuando se efectúa una limpieza completa en la recuperación de un reloj que va a cambiar la segunda partición de ext3,

por lo que la próxima vez que utilice link2sd después de una completa limpieza seleccionar la opción de ext3 cuando se le pida al primer lanzamiento.

Guest PedroVader

Hi Nozz

Link2sd is included in tillaz's bluemonte rom, and Atomic roms too. AFAIK all the customs are rooted.

You can set it up as per the instructions when the rom is installed, I just prefer to do the partitioning outside of android with a card reader, instead of leaving the card in the phone.

Thanks again Pedro. Have now installed the latest version of Atomic and tried to resume the tutorial at the point where I left off. As soon as I open Link2SD and select FAT32, I get this "mount script error":

mount script cannot be created

mount: invalid argument

Pedro mentioned this yesterday after loading custom ROM but I don't know how to do it. Can someone point kindly me in the right direction?

I'm working with a brand new SD card if that matters for anything.

Edited by Nozz

Guest dadashi

Thanks again Pedro. Have now installed the latest version of Atomic and tried to resume the tutorial at the point where I left off. As soon as I open Link2SD and select FAT32, I get this "mount script error":

mount script cannot be created

mount: invalid argument

I get exactly the same link2sd error message using Atomicv1.6

Guest PedroVader

Hiya,

If you open link2sd, bring up the settings menu, and select "more" there's an option to "recreate mount scripts" I had to try every option in there (fat32, ext2, ext3 and ext4) before I finally got it going, (mine is ext3 btw).

I'm running version 1.9.8, but I think its in the lower versions too.

Try them all, you don't need to power off, as there is a quick reboot option at the bottom of the same menu.

Hope this helps/makes sense ;-)

Edited by PedroVader

Brilliant Pedro. Many thanks. The quick reboot didn't work and just stuck on the boot-up screen, so I just took the battery out, stuck it back in and was able to complete the tutorial. Excluding the actual the actual linking of anything, seeing as I don't have any apps added - yet!

Now the SD card seems sorted, I've copied some music files on there but the music player in Atomic 1.6 isn't recognising them, saying music library is empty. Any ideas? I can see the actual files through the document viewer programme (and when connected to the PC by USB) and have saved them in:

SD Card/Android/data/com.google.android.music

Perhaps something to with unmounting or ejecting SD the card before switching off USB storage? I get that message every time I connect the USB cable. No idea what it means so I've never done it. Is this the missing link? No pun intended.

SD Card/Android/data/com.google.android.music

your music should just be in > SD Card/Music

and they should be .mp3 format

Edited by tillaz

Cheers tillaz. I created a new folder called "Music" and it's worked just fine. Pity that most of the music on my laptop is in .wma format though!

Edited by Nozz

Cheers tillaz. I created a new folder called "Music" and it's worked just fine. Pity that most of the music on my laptop is in .wma format though!

i know how you feel, most of my music is the same (.wma)

if you get power amp from the market it plays .wma

Guest Pepecosimo

Good evening mr. Tillaz i need help :on the post

now under operations select format partition

change file system to fat32 and press ok , on the program appair :

OPERATION PENDING / 1-format : G ( disk 2 partition )

Now wath to do ?:(

Guest Pepecosimo

Good evening mr. Tillaz i need help :on the post

now under operations select format partition

change file system to fat32 and press ok , on the program appair :

OPERATION PENDING / 1-format : G ( disk 2 partition )

Now wath to do ?:(

Now it's Ok i forgot to click : Applay

Every time I connect the USB cable I get the warning message about unmounting or ejecting SD the card before switching off USB storage. Can someone let me know what this means? I always just return to the home screen and unplug the USB cable, so scared I might be doing some damage by ignoring this.