[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Hi guys

Installed this ROM the other day and performance and the screen looks pretty good i got some problems:

*I cant receive calls altrough i can call or send/receive SMS, caller hears busy signal

*The Home button no longer brings me to the home screen, in fact it does nothing other than vibrate

*The phone no longer uses my pattern to unlock, though it is still enabled in the settings. I can press any key (including end) when the screen turns off and it just brings the screen right back up (whichever screen/application I was on last).

*Holding down the Power button no longer gives me the options of Airplain mode . Only reboot screenshot or shutdown are available.

Lockscreen and airplain mode is not a big problem but not receiving calls its too much afterall this is a PHONE

Problem start when i installed rom i think or maybe i configured somthing wrong.

I have been surfing the web for a solution at this point i tried this

http://androidforums...g-properly.html

and this

Needless to say it didnt Work

Please help me

PS: dont know if it matters but im using TMN Softstone (Portuguese version of ZTE Racer)

first of all hi and welcome, need some info before i can give any solution to your problems

The blade nightlies that these roms are based do sometimes contain bugs or errors and i`ve done my best to fix most of them if they do, the basic functions of making a call and sending messages works perfectly well on all roms, extra features that come with cm7 sometimes do develope bugs which i`ve fixed in most cases whilst keeping the source up to date, thats the thing with Nightly builds they can change for the worst or for the better..........but hopefully i`ve released roms that are very usable for anything you wish to do with a phone.........

which rom are you referring too? as their are many that i have ported on here

did you FULLY wipe the phone before installing the rom? as all errors or bugs can be replicated by myself

which kernel you use? the 1 that came with the rom? or did you installed a seperate kernel after installing the rom........

SUGGESTION: if you`ve installed over a previous rom without wiping i would wipe the phone totally as per instructions on post no.1 as that will remedy most of your problems

Guest Racerboy

@sack3 regards enabling haptic feedback with deadlinks kernel:

1. download the file HERE

2. copy the file to sdcard

3. disable haptic feedback in settings and reboot

4. use root explorer or similar to copy the "haptic_feedback.sh" file and paste it in the /system/bin folder

5. enable haptic feedback setting, reboot........done

any problems let me know

first of all hi and welcome, need some info before i can give any solution to your problems

The blade nightlies that these roms are based do sometimes contain bugs or errors and i`ve done my best to fix most of them if they do, the basic functions of making a call and sending messages works perfectly well on all roms, extra features that come with cm7 sometimes do develope bugs which i`ve fixed in most cases whilst keeping the source up to date, thats the thing with Nightly builds they can change for the worst or for the better..........but hopefully i`ve released roms that are very usable for anything you wish to do with a phone.........

which rom are you referring too? as their are many that i have ported on here

did you FULLY wipe the phone before installing the rom? as all errors or bugs can be replicated by myself

which kernel you use? the 1 that came with the rom? or did you installed a seperate kernel after installing the rom........

SUGGESTION: if you`ve installed over a previous rom without wiping i would wipe the phone totally as per instructions on post no.1 as that will remedy most of your problems

The rrom installed is #224v2 and i folowed the guide on first page, im 90% sure i wiped it BUT i found 1 thing curious on the process you say:

.Choose "format /boot" "format /data" "format /cache" "format /system" "format /sd-ext" - confirm every action

I dont have all those option maybe my CWM is too old since is from 2010 (yeah i never updated it)

I guess you will recomend me to reflash the rom? I would have done it sooner but i dont have a cable, have to borow from a friend

Is reflashing the rom only solution? (kinda like killing a fly wit a bazooca)

Edited by maus

Guest Racerboy

The rrom installed is #224v2 and i folowed the guide on first page, im 90% sure i wiped it BUT i found 1 thing curious on the process you say:

.Choose "format /boot" "format /data" "format /cache" "format /system" "format /sd-ext" - confirm every action

I dont have all those option maybe my CWM is too old since is from 2010 (yeah i never updated it)

I guess you will recomend me to reflash the rom? I would have done it sooner but i dont have a cable, have to borow from a friend

Is reflashing the rom only solution? (kinda like killing a fly wit a bazooca)

it is the best way of flashing roms properly, especially if its never been done before, you may have flashed lots of roms in the past with lots of useless conflicting files still present on your phone...............dont forget you can make a backup before wiping phone clean (just incase)

which version of CWM do you have? here is link for CWM update http://android.podtw...date_signed.zip gen1, download it copy to sdcard, reboot into CWM, choose "install from sdcard" then "choose .zip to install" select "clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1-update"........once done reboot recovery (in advanced menu) now you`ll have all the options in new updated CWM

EDIT: maybe you can download the CWM update using your phone data, or use a card reader to computer, did you not keep the rom on your sdcard when you downloaded it ?

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

UPDATE: cyanogen have started making the Nightlies again woot woot, thx to liscuz for letting me know (lost the habbit of checking myself) so i`ll be working on cm7.2.0 today.................

Guest mladenovic73

UPDATE: cyanogen have started making the Nightlies again woot woot, thx to liscuz for letting me know (lost the habbit of checking myself) so i`ll be working on cm7.2.0 today.................

WOW but its must be very good to beat lewa rombiggrin.gifLeWa is the only rom that works everything for me.

Edited by mladenovic73

it is the best way of flashing roms properly, especially if its never been done before, you may have flashed lots of roms in the past with lots of useless conflicting files still present on your phone...............dont forget you can make a backup before wiping phone clean (just incase)

which version of CWM do you have? here is link for CWM update http://android.podtw...date_signed.zip gen1, download it copy to sdcard, reboot into CWM, choose "install from sdcard" then "choose .zip to install" select "clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1-update"........once done reboot recovery (in advanced menu) now you`ll have all the options in new updated CWM

EDIT: maybe you can download the CWM update using your phone data, or use a card reader to computer, did you not keep the rom on your sdcard when you downloaded it ?

i have CWM 2.something, anyway i will put new CWM and reflash rom

Lol i can just put it on dropbox and go to dropbox on phone no cable needed (how didnt i think of that before)

and this time i will check everything before installing apps and configuring. Can i make partitions like linux ?? In linux i usually make a partition for "/"(root) and another for /home/username so if i want to reeinstall linux i just format the root partition and install the root only and all my config are keept in /home/username partition is that possible on Android? since its linux with some green spary paint over it??

Guest plegdroid

yeah,been missing cm7 nightlies :D

Guest Racerboy

i have CWM 2.something, anyway i will put new CWM and reflash rom

Lol i can just put it on dropbox and go to dropbox on phone no cable needed (how didnt i think of that before)

and this time i will check everything before installing apps and configuring. Can i make partitions like linux ?? In linux i usually make a partition for "/"(root) and another for /home/username so if i want to reeinstall linux i just format the root partition and install the root only and all my config are keept in /home/username partition is that possible on Android? since its linux with some green spary paint over it??

you can partition your sdcard via the "advanced" menu in CWM for ext,swap BUT IT WILL WIPE EVERYTHING ON SDCARD so back it up first........

Guest vadimmitropolsky

Finally it happened - CM team released Blade nightly with cm 7.2 and based on Android 4.0.3tongue.gifRacerboy,will u port it to our phone?unsure.gif or problem with kernel still exists?(cursor,radiomodule and etc.)

Guest Rahulj85

Finally it happened - CM team released Blade nightly with cm 7.2 and based on Android 4.0.3tongue.gifRacerboy,will u port it to our phone?unsure.gif or problem with kernel still exists?(cursor,radiomodule and etc.)

oh wow..as per tilal, the issue is not with the kernel..but i am no developer...hoping for some traction around the ics build..:-(

Guest Racerboy

oh wow..as per tilal, the issue is not with the kernel..but i am no developer...hoping for some traction around the ics build..:-(

regarding ICS (cm9) as equiliym said we do need new libs writing/modifying but the kernel will need tweaking too, sadly i dont think it will happen for the racer..........please prove me wrong out there.......

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

UPDATE: well i`ve tested the 1st Blade 7.2.0 Nightly build thats been released for awhile and works fine, some new new features to play with, transition/orientation animation is quite cool, i`ll upload soon, their are some tweaks and changes that need doing but its very usable for everyday use...........stay tuned

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

NEW ROM: "update-cm-7-20120225-NIGHTLY-Racer-signed" is now available to download from the 1st post of this thread, installation instructions are there too, FULL WIPE IS ESSENTIAL FOR IT TO WORK AS INTENDED.................ONCE YOU INSTALL THE ROM AND YOU ARE ON THE DESKTOP, REBOOT THE PHONE TO ENSURE NO ERRORS OCCUR...........Market is already included in the rom, no need to install Gapps.............

NOTE: it is work in progress but is very usual and stable......it may seem laggy until the rom settles down after afew minutes

whats working: everything (as far as i`ve tested)

whats new or fixed from last nightly a long time ago :lol: :

transition/orientation animation

new "Ring-Lockstyle" option (Blade style is the best imo)

in-call phone lock screen is FIXED yay (padlock works as it should)

radio app functions better

notification bar is easier to bring down

What i need to change/fix:

at the moment the notification bar icons are mdpi, but will change them in the next build

CRT anim ON/OFF

enjoy....................................................

EDIT: as always if you find any bugs or errors please let me know.............

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Rahulj85

NEW ROM: "update-cm-7-20120225-NIGHTLY-Racer-signed" is now available to download from the 1st post of this thread, installation instructions are there too, FULL WIPE IS ESSENTIAL FOR IT TO WORK AS INTENDED.................ONCE YOU INSTALL THE ROM AND YOU ARE ON THE DESKTOP, REBOOT THE PHONE TO ENSURE NO ERRORS OCCUR...........Market is already included in the rom, no need to install Gapps.............

NOTE: it is work in progress but is very usual and stable......it may seem laggy until the rom settles down after afew minutes

at the moment the notification bar icons are mdpi, but will change them in the next build

CRT anim ON/OFF

Thanks bro

Guest plegdroid

CRT anim ON/OFF

Nice one mate, I'll grab it when iam back home :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest ritayan

Hi Racerboy, I am a huge fan of you and your work, I am using your cm7 nightly build #257v2 as my default rom, an excellent rom!! tongue.gif But today I have tried the new nightly build that you have uploaded yesterday( cm 7.2 build "update-cm-7-20120225-NIGHTLY-Racer-signed" ), it is a very good rom, and many new features, but I have found a bug that during a call the person on the opposite side can not hear my voice, what ever i do, except that every thing is working fine... Sorry for the big post sad.gif, now i have returned to my previous rom(cm7 #257v2) , everything working fine againrolleyes.gif, btw i am using cwm recovery 4.0.1.5 for flashing roms. can u confirm this bug or issue? Thanks in advance...smile.gif

Guest Racerboy

@ritayan thx for letting me know and yes i can confirm what you say about phone calls and the person on the other end not being able to hear you, am fixing it now......will make a small update.zip to flash through CWM shortly..............

Guest ritayan

Thank you very much Racerboy... glad to hear thattongue.gif, it is really a nice rom. Btw i have also tested your vamshituner based lewa rom, it is also a very good and fast rom, but in there i have found a phone related bug that, i cant call " *140# " type mmc code calls to check my balance, whenever i do that it calls to *140 only no # is used, but when i checked my imei by" *#06# "it works, but other than that for calling a number which includes" # "character it only call to number up to" # ", sorry to post the problem in this thread, i am really glad to talk with you, you are a genius... smile.gif

Guest Racerboy

update fix for phone (so the other person on the line can hear you)

download the attached file and copy to sdcard, install through CWM, reboot....done

Phone_fix_update.zip

its a temporary replacement fix, i will fix the original phone app.......

Regards bug in LeWa roms for dialling *140# codes for credit balance etc LeWaos are working on it and hopefully have it fixed in the next few releases

Guest Rahulj85

this is a good rom. so far i have noticed that when you try to open the camera application, the screen display becomes green for 1-2 secs before it resumes the cam display. also, just like few of the recent releases, the zoom functionality of the camera is really really slow...not a show stopper, but thought of bringing it up here.