[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

can you help me? how set up swap. i don't know

Follow Krste`s advice below

or use a app like "swapper" on the market that will do it all for you automatically

Edited by Racerboy

If you want to create EXT and SWAP partitions easily just reboot to CWM Recovery, go to Advanced -> Partition SD Card and choose the desired sizes.

I have 2GB Class 6 card partitioned 128MB EXT and 32MB swap and it works great, never ran out of memory or had restart problems.

Once again, thank you Racerboy and vamshistunner for your excelent roms keeping the Racer alive :)

Guest Vlatko25

If you want to create EXT and SWAP partitions easily just reboot to CWM Recovery, go to Advanced -> Partition SD Card and choose the desired sizes.

I have 2GB Class 6 card partitioned 128MB EXT and 32MB swap and it works great, never ran out of memory or had restart problems.

Once again, thank you Racerboy and vamshistunner for your excelent roms keeping the Racer alive :)

Hey Racerboy this new rom rocks :D

Support

Guest Rahulj85

I copy 22 images on sdcard, each image is about 3MB, a total of 64MB. When I open the Gallery that my racer is being restat

have you done any tweaking in the performance of the phone or are you using the default settings after flashing the rom? btw which rom are you using?

Edited by Rahulj85

Guest Racerboy

I copy 22 images on sdcard, each image is about 3MB, a total of 64MB. When I open the Gallery that my racer is being restat

should`nt be a problem, i have lots of photos that i`ve taken with my phone and also alot that i`ve transfered from a better quality camera on my sdcard and its never restarted my phone, could be an issue of you running out of RAM.......you guys in general seem to have millions of apps installed even with a swap partition and wonder why phone restarts when playing games or other RAM intensive processes, i dont know how you use your phone or whether you have lots of apps installed aswell, with swap/without swap enabled, which rom etc........... but i would suggest clean full wipe, backup your sdcard contents to computer, wipe phone totally and format sdcard through CWM, install rom, reboot, copy files back to sdcard.....try to minimise the amount of apps you install/use at anyone time, even if its afew megs of ram spare than previously it will make a difference.....let us know how it goes :)

Guest ClydeRadcliffe

should`nt be a problem, i have lots of photos that i`ve taken with my phone and also alot that i`ve transfered from a better quality camera on my sdcard and its never restarted my phone, could be an issue of you running out of RAM.......you guys in general seem to have millions of apps installed even with a swap partition and wonder why phone restarts when playing games or other RAM intensive processes, i dont know how you use your phone or whether you have lots of apps installed aswell, with swap/without swap enabled, which rom etc........... but i would suggest clean full wipe, backup your sdcard contents to computer, wipe phone totally and format sdcard through CWM, install rom, reboot, copy files back to sdcard.....try to minimise the amount of apps you install/use at anyone time, even if its afew megs of ram spare than previously it will make a difference.....let us know how it goes :)

Hi,

I want to install 224v2 on a friends racer but since he doesnt use sd-ext or swap I would like to disable swap. Is it enough to just delete 21swapon script from init.d or I need to make some other changes as well?

thanx

Guest Racerboy

Hi,

I want to install 224v2 on a friends racer but since he doesnt use sd-ext or swap I would like to disable swap. Is it enough to just delete 21swapon script from init.d or I need to make some other changes as well?

thanx

yes you can just delete the script, but if he hasnt a swap partition or sd-ext it wont be enabled anyway, so the choice is yours :) no other changes nessessary

Edited by Racerboy

Guest ClydeRadcliffe

yes you can just delete the script, but if he hasnt a swap partition or sd-ext it wont be enabled anyway, so the choice is yours :) no other changes nessessary

Ok. I guess I can flash it like it is then. Thanx for your help.

Thank you

I installed rom #224V2 and i I do not install any app.in titanium backup i see: system rom: 157MB ( free 13 MB), Internal 310 MB (free 260 MB) I copy 22 images on sdcard, each image is about 3MB, a total of 64MB. When I open the Gallery that my racer is being restat or i install game empire defense and play this game my racer is being restat .

I will try again as your guide. thank you very much.'ll let you know when i install rom

Edited by ducbia

Guest plegdroid

I got #224v2 on last night, gallery very fast( used to be so slow, did get fc, but put that down to pics still being loaded in to cache when trying pinch to zoom. bumped the battery last night full charge and still had 100% left this morning which is a good start :D , I report back tonight after real world usage

:)

I have installed again as your guide and i also use 257v2 and 225V2 i play empire defense on that and my racer restat /

or my racer is a hardware failure

Guest Racerboy

I have installed again as your guide and i also use 257v2 and 225V2 i play empire defense on that and my racer restat /

or my racer is a hardware failure

1 or 2 people have reported the same thing but the majority have no problems, it could be slight hardware defect or difference, all i can suggest is set cpu to smartassv2 (dont overclock cpu) and if that dont work then try a different version of rom........

Guest gagan313

I got #224v2 on last night, gallery very fast( used to be so slow, did get fc, but put that down to pics still being loaded in to cache when trying pinch to zoom. bumped the battery last night full charge and still had 100% left this morning which is a good start :D , I report back tonight after real world usage

does the *224 v2 rom support dual touch(pinch/zoom) ?? or do i have to install that specific kernal from deadlink?

Guest plegdroid

does the *224 v2 rom support dual touch(pinch/zoom) ?? or do i have to install that specific kernal from deadlink?

hiya m8, yes it's got pinch to zoom in with the kernel, and it works very well, especially in gallery :D

Guest plegdroid

considering I've today been on the net for two and a half hours, sent 6 txt, listend to music for an hour,made two restores,updated 3 apps .. I've got home with 49% battery left ,considering I left home at 7" this morning and got home for 5 this evening. verdict battery iam happy with it very much, after using lewa for a few day's, I honestly thought that was a quick rom, I love version one of this rom(224) and has been the rom I always go back to, I think version two is actually quicker than the lewa rom, and considerably smoother than on the scroolling.

thank you Racerboy for a lovely update to an already excellent rom. and Vamshistunner for an excellent kernel that works so well with Racerboy's roms.. :D

Edited by plegdroid

Guest plegdroid

(off topic) @Plegdroid HT 1-0 hehe :P

after 3 decades of defeat, Im now conditiond to this sort of result, ft 0-1,, :lol: :P :)

Edited by plegdroid