[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

I am sorry for using this thread for this question but these are the ROMs I'm using for months.

First, there were with deadlink's kernel and I had no problems with GPS (other things aside). Now, at least from New Year, I'm not sure for versions before, using GPS for more than 10 minutes or so leads to phone reboot. First I tought it is some problem with iGO navigation software, but Google maps did the same few days ago. I can not easly reproduce it, sometimes it is 3 minutes, one time I just turned it on and put phone on appartment window (I wasn't moving) and it didn't crash for 30 minutes.

Because phone is rebooted and I think application should not be able to reboot the system, I think problem is somewhere in GPS module or libraries, that is in kernel part of the ROM. Google Maps also rebooting the phone means the problem is not application related. Does anyone experiance the same problem or have a solution?

Guest Racerboy

@imarkov hi, for me i`ve never had the phone reboot BUT i dont really use apps like Google Maps that much, what version rom you using atm and what kernel you use with it?

@imarkov hi, for me i`ve never had the phone reboot BUT i dont really use apps like Google Maps that much, what version rom you using atm and what kernel you use with it?

Now, I'm on "update-cm-7-20120225-NIGHTLY-Racer-v2-signed". Before this one, I'm not sure but I think it was 257v2 for a more than a month. I don't really want to change ROMs every day ;), I just want stable ROM that does not waste battery when in stand-by so that I can play with applications :)

Guest madprofessorus

Hi again,although I had said to myself that I won't change the Rom in my phone anymore,I had installed the 224v2 last time,I couldn't stand the temptation to try your newest rom...well,I can say it was worth it,i really liked the new interface,and it seems to me it's more faster than the others,I think u overcame yourself again!

Guest Racerboy

UPDATE: NEW ROM update-cm-7-20120312-NIGHTLY-Racer-signed is now available to download on the 1st post of this thread

Cyanogen changes to date

Changed the notification bar icons (Ldpi/Mdpi)

Smoother generally

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Rahulj85

thanks for the upload racerboy..i flashed the latest nightly and started getting freequent fcs. rebooted the phone hoping that it might fix, but it didnt. are you facing the same problem?

Guest Racerboy

thanks for the upload racerboy..i flashed the latest nightly and started getting freequent fcs. rebooted the phone hoping that it might fix, but it didnt. are you facing the same problem?

no probs Rahulj85, i`ve not had any fc`s at all............what is fc-ing ?

Guest plegdroid

UPDATE: NEW ROM update-cm-7-20120312-NIGHTLY-Racer-signed is now available to download on the 1st post of this thread

Cyanogen changes to date

Smoother generally

nice one I'll grab when I get back home, as always, thank you :D

Guest Rahulj85

no probs Rahulj85, i`ve not had any fc`s at all............what is fc-ing ?

so far cm settings and mail..i reverted to the previous nightly as i needed to get back to a working rom..btw i should share that i didnt do a complete wipe.

Guest gagan313

HI Racerboy, i was just wondering if it was just me or that the b02 reworked rom isnt downloading off your website? because i wanted to downmload it and it didnt download

Guest plegdroid

HI Racerboy, i was just wondering if it was just me or that the b02 reworked rom isnt downloading off your website? because i wanted to downmload it and it didnt download

evening mate, the sites woolys site, I'll try and dropbox it for you later on this evening if it still won't download :)

I've sent you a pm mate :D

Edited by plegdroid

Guest gagan313

evening mate, the sites woolys site, I'll try and dropbox it for you later on this evening if it still won't download :)

I've sent you a pm mate :D

oh lol ok i thought it was racerboy's//....ok thanks

Guest vadimmitropolsky

Ok, guys i want to say big thx to all of your, im glad that i be with you around 6 months, my racer brokes and i bought optimys one...) big thx to zte racer,it is my first android phone:) but good news are that lg optimus one(p500) had official CM support=) and guys from XDA made CM( Android 4.0.3 on it!!!! OK,thx to everyone,especially RACERBOY!!! BYE_BYE!!!wink.gif

Guest Racerboy

Ok, guys i want to say big thx to all of your, im glad that i be with you around 6 months, my racer brokes and i bought optimys one...) big thx to zte racer,it is my first android phone:) but good news are that lg optimus one(p500) had official CM support=) and guys from XDA made CM( Android 4.0.3 on it!!!! OK,thx to everyone,especially RACERBOY!!! BYE_BYE!!!wink.gif

we all will get new phones in time, glad you have enjoyed your time here and gained more knowledge to help with your new phone, take it easy...hope everything goes well for you......

Guest KreatorDroid

Hello @racerboy, i'm having problems with ROM 20120312, When i have installed the ROM, CRT Animations has not working, now i don't know what i do and CRT Animations back working, but Orientation/Transition animation when i turn my cellphone, the screen goes Green for 2-3 secs :S, how i resolve?

Guest jm888

Cyanogen changes to date

Smoother generally

Racerboy,

I really like these 7.2 roms. I've found a couple of things with 0312 :

• call/end buttons backlight is turned on,
  • usb and wifi tetherng does not work.

These roms are a pleasure to use.

thanks

John

Guest sack3

Racerboy,

I really like these 7.2 roms. I've found a couple of things with 0312 :

• call/end buttons backlight is turned on,
  • usb and wifi tetherng does not work.

These roms are a pleasure to use.

thanks

John

Men use this for

the light: RacerParts.zip install using CW, then go toconfiguration.. have a backup first of you rom.

the wifi tetherng: wifi tethering v2.1.1.apk.zip rename it to wifi tethering v2.1.1.apk withaout .zip

Guest jm888

Men use this for

the light: RacerParts.zip install using CW, then go toconfiguration.. have a backup first of you rom.

the wifi tetherng: wifi tethering v2.1.1.apk.zip rename it to wifi tethering v2.1.1.apk withaout .zip

Racerparts.zip does not consistently keep the backlight off in this Rom. Version 0308 did not turn on the backlight.

Tethering does not work, neither usb nor wifi. While a third party wifi tether may or may not work, given both native tethers don't work, it would seem something fundamental is amiss.

cheers

Guest plegdroid

if you want the backlights off all the time, use keyboard backlight controller, free from market, place in system apps to make persistent :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

Hello @racerboy, i'm having problems with ROM 20120312, When i have installed the ROM, CRT Animations has not working, now i don't know what i do and CRT Animations back working, but Orientation/Transition animation when i turn my cellphone, the screen goes Green for 2-3 secs :S, how i resolve?

try a reboot to solve blue screen issue (possibly caused by not wiping phone before installing) ...........CRT anim is tempromental at times, hopefully can fix it

Guest wolgan

UPDATE: update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-racer-signed coming soon!!!!!

is there a rom that works wi fi and accelerometer zte X850 android 2.2.2 Live Operator ???

Edited by wolgan

Guest sack3

Racerparts.zip does not consistently keep the backlight off in this Rom. Version 0308 did not turn on the backlight.

Tethering does not work, neither usb nor wifi. While a third party wifi tether may or may not work, given both native tethers don't work, it would seem something fundamental is amiss.

cheers

Men the Racerparts.zip its work for me here the picture:

post-722639-0-34292100-1332179002_thumb.

post-722639-0-44890800-1332179163_thumb.

post-722639-0-75360800-1332179188_thumb.

Guest Racerboy

NEW Release: update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-racer-signed is now available to download on the 1st post of this thread

changelog

Cyanogen is now at RC1 (release candidate)

FULL Ldpi/Mdpi layout

tether should now work, if it didnt before......

updated Titanium Backup

Full wipe is needed before installing this rom, instructions on post no.1

NOTE: Homescreen orientation: apps menu / settings / ADWLauncher / system preferences / home orientation.........select "Auto/Sensor"

Edited by Racerboy