[KERNEL] TripNKernel -ALPHA- R02 | First 2.6.38.8 kernel for Pyramid!

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest sonnguyen10123

trip, if you could put flash for camera to be used until 15% instead of 30% it would be cool.

also, wifi wont connect on b10.

steps i installed.

flashed b7 from the tripnmiui thread

botted up and wifi worked,

flashed v10 from this thread. wiped cache, dalvik, and fix permissions and it doesnt work. did i do anything wrong?

Guest Raycaster3

trip, if you could put flash for camera to be used until 15% instead of 30% it would be cool.

also, wifi wont connect on b10.

steps i installed.

flashed b7 from the tripnmiui thread

botted up and wifi worked,

flashed v10 from this thread. wiped cache, dalvik, and fix permissions and it doesnt work. did i do anything wrong?

+1 on the flash thing but the wifi problem must be something else. I've not had omega problem with it. It connects super fast and stays connected.

Guest sonnguyen10123

+1 on the flash thing but the wifi problem must be something else. I've not had omega problem with it. It connects super fast and stays connected.

there is something weird. i rebooted my modem. adn i turn on wifi and it works. but i turn it off and try again it wont work. and my phone is literally near the modem. whats wrong?

also, once offed. i gotta wait a while for to turn wifi back on and have a successful connection. whats wrong? its not the modem or my phone. cuz it worked before the tripnkernels

Edited by sonnguyen10123

Guest Raycaster3

there is something weird. i rebooted my modem. adn i turn on wifi and it works. but i turn it off and try again it wont work. and my phone is literally near the modem. whats wrong?

also, once offed. i gotta wait a while for to turn wifi back on and have a successful connection. whats wrong? its not the modem or my phone. cuz it worked before the tripnkernels

Dang wish I knew but this was my install order

Super wipe

Flash 0008B

Reboot

Load a cpl apps connect to wifi

Reboot recovery

Wipe cache and dalvik

Flash b7 kernel

Reboot

Load a few more apps

Stay connected to wifi

Reboot recovery

Wipe cache and dalvik

Flash b10 kernel

Reboot

Still connected to wifi

Restore the rest of my apps

Idk maybe because of the process?

Guest sonnguyen10123

Dang wish I knew but this was my install order

Super wipe

Flash 0008B

Reboot

Load a cpl apps connect to wifi

Reboot recovery

Wipe cache and dalvik

Flash b7 kernel

Reboot

Load a few more apps

Stay connected to wifi

Reboot recovery

Wipe cache and dalvik

Flash b10 kernel

Reboot

Still connected to wifi

Restore the rest of my apps

Idk maybe because of the process?

ok, im about to reflash using ur whole process. thanks. ill report back.

edit: ok it works now. i followed your steps. thanks!!!

Edited by sonnguyen10123

Guest Docmjldds

Cool. Glad to help my friend

This fixed for him, because, initially when it wasn't working for him, he was told to wipe dalvick, and cache, then fix permissions. IOW he was told to try this AFTER he flashed the updated kernel. The wipes need to be as was in your last to him....BEFORE the kernel flash. We used to do this all the time on my Nexus one with some kernel cookers who absolutely requested to wipe BOTH caches from recovery, then flash. I don't think the file permissions fix is really needed. I'm about to update from the 047 I have running now. Plus I want to see if this keeps WiFi calling working. I have the fix, but waiting to hear back from Trip how he would like to proceed on this, so as to preserve the integrity of the ROM and his work, including TAPS etc.

Edit: OK..verified. I wiped cache and dalavik cache from recovery, then flashed the 50 kernel update over my prior clean installed TripNMiUI_S008B.1.9.23-TripNRaVeR.zip. Wifi as well as WiFi calling came up perfectly on reboot. No issues. I haven't played around yet with system tuner. So now gotta go back and look for all your choices of configurations to run for best performance/battery life etc.. Darn...I meant to run the Quadrant tests just to get a reference and forgot :(

I guess I could go backwards, but ....nah :)

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest Docmjldds

Maybe TAPS will be modulair.

:)

Anyways...here's a third run quadrant score with the kernel update. I have not installed any OC tool. This is running as installed with no tweaks.post-651740-0-20239100-1317379442_thumb.

Guest audiophile

:)

Anyways...here's a third run quadrant score with the kernel update. I have not installed any OC tool. This is running as installed with no tweaks.post-651740-0-20239100-1317379442_thumb.

I'm getting more around 2600 in quadrant everytime with latest kernal without any changed kernal settings, but that might be due to my setup and all thralls Iv installed or something (even though I use app manager and check for rogue services before benchmark.)

But I know benchmarks arnt as important as real life performance and it runs awesome. Smooth with no lag. It does get really hot really fast without charging or wifi on and even without gaming. Just checking internet heats it. But I believe this is an issue with the hardware not kernal

Guest Docmjldds

I'm getting more around 2600 in quadrant everytime with latest kernal without any changed kernal settings, but that might be due to my setup and all thralls Iv installed or something (even though I use app manager and check for rogue services before benchmark.)

But I know benchmarks arnt as important as real life performance and it runs awesome. Smooth with no lag. It does get really hot really fast without charging or wifi on and even without gaming. Just checking internet heats it. But I believe this is an issue with the hardware not kernal

Yes, it gets hot. I'm not a big fan of Benchmarking either. If it runs smooth without the lagging etc, that's what makes it for me. I only wanted to post a reference. Been getting consistent 3200 scores right now.

Guest Raycaster3

Next version has

- smartassv2

- cfq default scheduler

- 172 mhz UV/UC (probably lower)

- More uv

- flashlight 15%

- minor improvements

- temp fixes

Shut up!!!!! You got smartass2 working and stable?!?!?!?!? Wow now I'm really impressed. Other kernel devs have tried and not succeeded with that gov for our device. Nice work trip. I'm telling you you know I'd test whatever you need tested at any time. Just pm or heckmpostmitmin tue thread I don't care. Thanks for the dedication!

Guest Raycaster3

Yes, it gets hot. I'm not a big fan of Benchmarking either. If it runs smooth without the lagging etc, that's what makes it for me. I only wanted to post a reference. Been getting consistent 3200 scores right now.

My phone has not gotten hot once on this kernel even when benchmarking. Strange.

Guest Raycaster3

Next version has

- smartassv2

- cfq default scheduler

- 172 mhz UV/UC (probably lower)

- More uv

- flashlight 15%

- minor improvements

- temp fixes

So are you going to include vdd capabilities. I see you have 172MHz uv/uc but what from what I understand uv and uc are totally separate. UV would be to be able to -mV and the most anyone has gotten to run stable on this device afaik is -100mV. Which is whsybi undervolt to when using kernels from faux123 and glacier master thederekjay.

Could you maybe just clarify that for me? And if there is going to be vdd capability will you post the table?

Again trip I hope I don't sound pushy and/or condescending as I know you know way more about this stuff than I do I just wanted to know.

Guest Docmjldds

hi, would setting the gov via system tuner at conservative or powersave help battery?

I would think so, just by definition. Can't hurt to try. I have been routinely keeping a spare battery in my pocket wherever I go. That way I can run it at a higher spec, and not worry about battery. For something like $20, I got a basic battery charger and two higher capacity batteries from Anker. I don't see much talk anymore regarding this. I know it was a hot topic when the First threads appeared on XDA regarding battery and the Sensation in general. It was a kit being sold with Two 1900mAh batteries and the charger, which is a funky combination a/c and USB charger with movable pins you have to line up with the + and - terminals on the battery.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Kernel changelog:

- CPU thumb2 extension

- Advanced cpu handling

- Compiled in thumb2 mode

- Custom "ondemand" governor

- screen off min 152 mhz

- screen off max 384 mhz

- screen on min 702 mhz

- screen on max 1,4 ghz

scaling down when idle or low usage

- SLAB

- UV

- UC

- OC

- VDD support

- Fixed Quadrant/System info reading cpu speeds correctly

- Enabled 1024mb support (not working tough)

- When idle for half hour cpu speed 152mhz 28,3 degrees celcius

- Batterly life ? (should be long)

- Slightly OC on GPU

- Edited sound drivers for matching TAPS

- Mobile data bandwith improvements

- More but i forgot

Guest fejker

I've read through this thread and after flashing the latest kernel (2.6.35.14 ... dirty) my WiFi does not work at all - it says Error when I try to flip the On switch in the settings and stays on Off. I flashed this kernel after I flashed MiUI-S009B.1.9.30 and the fixed v2 kernel (with this setup I had the famous infinite WiFi obtaining IP address issue).

Some help here?