build.prop tweaks worth trying

Guest l2azor

Guest l2azor

hey

found a couple of tweaks while browsing and found them worth trying for increasing the responsiveness of the UI..i tried more than one so i dont know which one made the difference for me.... right now id say my homescreens and app drawer are flying... :D

debug.sf.hw=1(already enabled in many a roms)

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150(max value is quoted as 300 but didnt try it yet, 150 working fine for me)

debug.performance.tuning=1

video.accelerate.hw=1

mot.proximity.delay=25 (decreases the delay in proximity wakeup while in a call)

ro.lge.proximity.delay=25

new:

ro.opengles.version=131072 (changes opengl version to 2.0 but not sure if lib files are required in accordance, saw this only in 2 roms viz. cm7 and gingerblade aosp)

ro.home_app_adj=1 (forces launcher into memory

try using them in your fone's build.prop with root explorer but before that backup the original build.prop.... im using blade mix 2.3

Edited by l2azor

Guest t0mm13b

When you say root explorer do you mean on your phone? thanks

Yes, the OP is referring to this app that can remount the filesystem to be writable to make the changes :)

Guest l2azor

Yes, the OP is referring to this app that can remount the filesystem to be writable to make the changes :)

yup .. or u can just google for its free apk... :)

Edited by l2azor

Guest t0mm13b

yup .. or u can just google for its free apk... :)

Hmmm.... something you're suggesting there.... <_<

Either way, you can do it quite easily and free with the supplied usb cable plugged in and adb and use this

adb remount

which remounts the filesystem as writeable. Invoke it again to reverse it. :)

Guest deksman2

Important thing to note is that you should restart your phone after saving these changes to the build.prop file.

Some of those lines have already been incorporated.

What about the line for removing screen dithering (seeing how I read that it's not necessary in Gingerbread)?

Guest sambartle

If you want to do it for free (without piracy), you can edit it using ADB with the phone connected to your computer.

Open up a command prompt and run the ADB tool from the android SDK:

adb shell

You remount the system partition as RW first using:

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

Edit the file:

vi /wherever/the/file/is

Remount as Read only:

mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

Guest fonix232

An easier way is to do

adb remount
, as t0mm13b suggested, or if you really want, you can do this from adb shell:
mount -o rw,remount /system

Then use the same command, just with ro,remount options.

Guest fonix232

Using root explorer, do we have to edit these commands or have to 'add' these commands?

Neither, Root Explorer has a nice Remount button on top of the screen, if you're in a mounted folder what supports remounting.

Guest ThrashMan

Neither, Root Explorer has a nice Remount button on top of the screen, if you're in a mounted folder what supports remounting.

I think he meant do "we" add the commands to build.prop or edit the existing ones.

Each command can only appear once in build.prop so if it exists, edit it. Otherwise add it in. As build.prop is made up of subsections it might have been an idea of the thread starter to state which section each command should be within?

Guest deksman2

I don't think that's what he/she was asking (although I could me mistaken).

I think that they might have been implying whether the commands in original post are already contained within the build.prop file and should merely be edited or just added to the file if they aren't there already.

If that's what you meant 'rockstarszzzz', then you have to look inside the build.prop file to see which commands are already in, and if they are, but their value is set to 0 or other apart from what is written in the first post, they need to be edited.

If the lines don't exist in the build.prop file, then you have to add them and save changes (finally restarting the phone).

Guest rockstarszzzz

Din't mean that!

I think he meant do "we" add the commands to build.prop or edit the existing ones.

Each command can only appear once in build.prop so if it exists, edit it. Otherwise add it in. As build.prop is made up of subsections it might have been an idea of the thread starter to state which section each command should be within?

Thanks meant that! I do have 2 sections withint CM7's N210 build.prop and don't know where these should go!

I don't think that's what he/she was asking (although I could me mistaken).

I think that they might have been implying whether the commands in original post are already contained within the build.prop file and should merely be edited or just added to the file if they aren't there already.

If that's what you meant 'rockstarszzzz', then you have to look inside the build.prop file to see which commands are already in, and if they are, but their value is set to 0 or other apart from what is written in the first post, they need to be edited.

If the lines don't exist in the build.prop file, then you have to add them and save changes (finally restarting the phone).

Thanks! Meant the latter one. I might just put it in the top section and try!

Guest l2azor

anyone got any more tweaks other than thses???

and anyone got any explanation for the following tweaks??

debug.overlayui.enable=1

dev.pm.dyn_samplingrate=1

media.stagefright.enable-aac=true

media.stagefright.enable-qcp=true

Edited by l2azor

Guest timfimjim

Will it also work if I edit the build.prop in notepad, by opening it from the zip file [of the original ROM zip]?

edit: tried it, and flashed without full wipe. No force closes so far. Don't really notice that much change though, but then again it was pretty fast to start off with...

Edited by timfimjim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest timfimjim

Would some of these work?

I've read them being used for both Galaxy S2 and Vibrant, would they work on the Blade?

(taken from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1151608)

Powersave Tweaks

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1

Allows the phone to sleep better

pm.sleep_mode=1

Saves power when phone is sleep

Boot Tweaks

debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

Gives your phone no boot animation

persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate

Makes phone boot rapidly fast.

there shouldn't be any problems should there?