[ROM] ZTE Wanna-be-MIUI-r01.0

Guest equiliym

Guest equiliym

I like Racerboy's ROM, but have installed yours and it is fantastic. However, can you make it a bit more "English", also remove the Google Apps so that we can install our own apps. I tried yours and it seems to be the chinese one. Also I cannot remove or change the location on the home screen. Even though I double click on it and it lets me put in my own town it does not change it. appears that it must be a chinese location. I love this ROM and want to use it, so it would be great if you can modify it for me. Thanks and hope you will do something for me. You have some other great applications which I like installed. Great work and please put out more ROMS

Thanks

Terry

i did note this launcher is originally chinese and that its translated, for its built-in clock/weather widget, i tried to link it to global weather but then it just FC so i suggested everyone to use Fancy Widgets or BeautifulWidgets..

as for translation, my OCR software somehow doesnt recognize the images needed to translate and there are very few strings left that i need help with because googletranslate messes up like 'handsome brothers big cat face' instead of "lockscreen extra info" and i dont want that kind of errors in it :( but ill note that in my todo list, thanks for feedback :)

This rom really suprised me, very smooth and fast. But i'm kinda lost withou an app drawer, lol, so i came back to racerboy's cm7.

But congratz equiliym, you did a awesome job!

lol yeah that can be annoying sometimes.. thanks for trying it and replying here anyway, means alot :P

Thanks man, i really apreciate it! ;)

no probs :D

edit: oyeah, i forgot to say about google apps.. i added apps in this rom from racerboy's thread but you can flash through cwm anyhow since gapps package script first deletes everything and then installs its own gapps, here's example of the code so it doesnt really matter

ui_print("Installing Google Apps..");

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");

show_progress(1, 15);

delete("/system/app/BooksPho < blablabla

and then installs from gapps zip

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system");

ui_print("Installation complete!");

Edited by equiliym

Guest shiner69

i did note this launcher is originally chinese and that its translated, for its built-in clock/weather widget, i tried to link it to global weather but then it just FC so i suggested everyone to use Fancy Widgets or BeautifulWidgets..

as for translation, my OCR software somehow doesnt recognize the images needed to translate and there are very few strings left that i need help with because googletranslate messes up like 'handsome brothers big cat face' instead of "lockscreen extra info" and i dont want that kind of errors in it :( but ill note that in my todo list, thanks for feedback :)

lol yeah that can be annoying sometimes.. thanks for trying it and replying here anyway, means alot :P

no probs :D

edit: oyeah, i forgot to say about google apps.. i added apps in this rom from racerboy's thread but you can flash through cwm anyhow since gapps package script first deletes everything and then installs its own gapps, here's example of the code so it doesnt really matter

ui_print("Installing Google Apps..");

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");

show_progress(1, 15);

delete("/system/app/BooksPho < blablabla

and then installs from gapps zip

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system");

ui_print("Installation complete!");

Have reinstalled your ROM as I find it great. One thing though. How do you delete an application icon from a screen? I have tried everything and no luck

Guest equiliym

Have reinstalled your ROM as I find it great. One thing though. How do you delete an application icon from a screen? I have tried everything and no luck

im not really sure what you mean with that.. miui-like launcher doesnt have an appdrawer so all icons go to the screen.. if you want to hide them just make a folder and put icons in it, max to 16 icons per folder

hope that helps

Guest jumastic

I'm maybe little off topic , but since I want to install this rom (I'm still at 2.1 eclair custom modded by myself :) ) , I was wondering if there is a way to make image (like ghost image for windows) so I can easily restore to 2.1 with all my settings if I dont like this rom. Is there a way to do that ?

Guest equiliym

I'm maybe little off topic , but since I want to install this rom (I'm still at 2.1 eclair custom modded by myself :) ) , I was wondering if there is a way to make image (like ghost image for windows) so I can easily restore to 2.1 with all my settings if I dont like this rom. Is there a way to do that ?

yes, you can install clockworkmod recovery and easily backup your current rom and data with it, then try new rom.. if you dont like it, just enter recovery again and do restore.. there is a tutorial with links about installing recovery somewhere on the forum, just lurk around a bit :)

Guest Malakia2

@ equiliym your rom and actually very good! But I have some doubts ... You will frequently update the rom? And the question of the swap, your rom have?

Guest equiliym

@ equiliym your rom and actually very good! But I have some doubts ... You will frequently update the rom? And the question of the swap, your rom have?

yes, it supports swap and no, not frequently because i dont have much stuff to update on it

Guest libo5998

Diehard Hello, I am jimozm from China, like your ROM, I put your ROM reproduced to the mobile phone forum, has come to here to thank you, a few days ago not to register your site, for the inconvenience caused to you, sorry

Guest equiliym

i have problems with key "Q"i can use http://www.4shared.c...brationTS.html? for touch-screen Calibrationt ?

i'm not use miui launcher ,so i can use theme cm7 for other launcher

i never tried, i use stock keyboard and dont really have much problems with it

Diehard Hello, I am jimozm from China, like your ROM, I put your ROM reproduced to the mobile phone forum, has come to here to thank you, a few days ago not to register your site, for the inconvenience caused to you, sorry

well i was more into statistics but doesnt matter, youre welcome, i appreciate the support and sharing my work :)

edit: might update to r02.0 these days, chage fingerprint, add/remove stuff etc.. no one posted any real errors so i dont really feel the need to do anything :o

Edited by equiliym

Guest freebee

i never tried, i use stock keyboard and dont really have much problems with it

well i was more into statistics but doesnt matter, youre welcome, i appreciate the support and sharing my work :)

edit: might update to r02.0 these days, chage fingerprint, add/remove stuff etc.. no one posted any real errors so i dont really feel the need to do anything :o

Very good rom! Very much stable. I'm from #221 racer (market problem, not solved) and install this room. Fantastic in any forms. I adopt some themes MIUI (in other post explained) and see that not all is change (orange color in warnings, in other stuff like clock widget) . So, the theme support can improved ? Can be made some option to change colors of borders and other stuff like text ?. Would be very good.

Perfect work!.

Guest equiliym

Very good rom! Very much stable. I'm from #221 racer (market problem, not solved) and install this room. Fantastic in any forms. I adopt some themes MIUI (in other post explained) and see that not all is change (orange color in warnings, in other stuff like clock widget) . So, the theme support can improved ? Can be made some option to change colors of borders and other stuff like text ?. Would be very good.

Perfect work!.

i will probably include Theme Chooser when i finish next update so you will be able to theme the SystemUI with launcher themes

im still not good enough with smali editing so i cant make the clock widget go global weather, since its built-in, you can try other clock widgets

Guest wooly_sammoth

hi blackmux

could you try again from the raceroms link. I have re-uploaded the file so it should be ok now. post back here if it's still corrupted and i'll sort something else out

Guest equiliym

About the 2.3 Sense ROM.

There is some mirror for the link http://raceroms.co.u...liym-sense-like

Always when i download it, the file is corrupted.

it might still be an issue with server changes as wooly said.. i might update both miui and sense like roms with the next nightly release but might take a while to repack framework again and other stuff, will make a proper topic for everything if i update

Guest Racerboy

i might update both miui and sense like roms with the next nightly release but might take a while to repack framework again and other stuff

take your time :P the next nightly MIGHT be another week or so :lol: (hopefully not)......

Guest Rahulj85

take your time :P the next nightly MIGHT be another week or so :lol: (hopefully not)......

Wow! this time they are really making lot of changes..i hope its worth the wait..:-)

Guest equiliym

yeah, lots of bug fixes for all phones in the next build... really hope they do it good so there wont be any bug bug fixes a few hours after release, imma go mad xD