Camera and Screen Issue--suppose I've found the key problem

Guest Piscium

Guest Piscium

Dear TomG,

This is Syne from China, I bought a V880(Blade) CN version with 256M RAM,

before I bought this mobile, I've already learnt about you and CM, we called you - Master Tom G, :D

Thank you for bringing us so much surprise for this machine! All of you is doing great!

Recently, new users of Blade CN version which made in Jul, Aug, Sep got problems with camera or screen after flash CM7.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I recognized this problem before I start flashing, because my V880 is one if them.

and I summarized as follows:

first dial *983*24474636#,check the machine info:

No problem Blade is showing following info-with full LCD and Camera info, after flash your CM7 ROM OK

(mostly produced on or before July)

LCD Information:

IC:HX8369

Glass:TRULY

Resolution:480*800

TouchScreen Information:

touchscreen module

name :synaptics

i2c addresss :0x22

IC type :2000 series

firmware version :TM1541

moudule:synaptics+TPK

WIFI Information:

Device manufacturing:Atheros

Model Number:AR6002

BT Information:

BTS4025

Camera Information:

ID:0x2682

Nmae:MT9T112-3.0Mp-AF

Flash Information:

Hynix 4G NAND

---------------

Camera problem Blade is showing following info--camera ID and Nmae un-normal, wrong, but ZTE 2.2ROM can drive it ok..

(Mostly produced from Jul-Aug)

My V880 is exactly this one, and I can use the camera and video recorder, I suppose ZTE 2.2ROM must have the correct driver in it, would you pls help and try to check it out and improve in your next ROM?

It will be really appreciated because a number of user is now in headache about this, really painful~ including me...

LCD Information:

ic:hx8369

glass:truly

resolution:480*800

TouchScreen Information:

touchscreen module

firmware version:tm1541

moudule:synaptics+tpk

WIFI Information:

BT Information:

BTS4025

Camera Information:

ID:0x5CA

Nmae:NO sensor or error id!

Flash Information:

SAMSUNG 4G NAND

-------------

Screen & camera problem Blade---less LCD info + wrong camera info as above

(mostly produced in Sep)

LCD Information:

TouchScreen Information:

touchscreen module

firmware version:tm1541

moudule:synaptics+tpk

WIFI Information:

BT Information:

BTS4025

Camera Information:

ID:0x5CA

Nmae:NO sensor or error id!

Flash Information:

SAMSUNG 4G NAND

Your help and new ROM will be great appreciated!!!

Yours Sincerely,

Syne Zhang

Edited by Piscium

What is the LCD problem you mention? Is it the screen failing to reinitialise after screen off.

If so that was fixed some time ago in the nightly builds and should be fixed in CM7.1 which was released today.

For the camera problem please test the rom here. Your camera will not work, but please provide dmesg output.

Thanks

Guest Piscium

thanks Tom G!, GM replied that they don't take un-official report, you are so nice, sorry I was busy these days, I will test the suggested rom and make the dmesg output soon!

Edited by Piscium

Guest Piscium

Dear Tom G,

I tested your cm-7.1.0-cam-test.zip

different with CM7.1 before(showing --can not connect to the camera),

This time,

I entered the cam, but it's all black screen, no any more action

and I can only press the home button,

and then the system give me the choice of "foced to stop" or "wait..."

this is the result, for your reference and waiting for your good news.

I'm not a beginner, but also not so professional yet, if this is not a correct feedback report, kindly forgive me,

and teach me how to do it better, I will do it.

Thanks!

Sincerely Yours,

Syne

Guest Piscium

I believe the correct camera driver must was in ZTE official ROM, I suppose they changed this lot camera version/style for this lot of phone with another supplier, or same supplier but not same version, otherwise, the phone will not show the camera info as what I listed in the top tips

check up with the blade for CDMA and TD-SCDMA

in China we have 3 version of blade:

for CDMA for Chinatelecom, blade called N880=MSM762@806MHZ +512RAM+500 Mega camera

for TD-SCDMA Chinamobile called U880=Marvell PXA920 @806MHZ + 512RAM+500 Mega camera

WCDMA is Chinaunicom, called V880, as you kown, MSM7227@600MHZ + 256MRAM, 320 Mega camera

however, after I checked the photos from N880 and U880 user, there were almost the same quality with my V880.

Therefore, I suppose there's a possibility that they are using the same camera part, just changed the pixel interpolation. And also I'm afraid SKATE will be the same

Therefore, if it is convenient, kindly check it also, I know that you don't have TD-SCDMA, do you have CDMA blade there? if not, check SKATE...also?

Edited by Piscium

Guest Piscium

about the "new" screen problem, the screen is on, just not acting by touch, only can use keyboard, that's it.

I say again the submitted issue in my tips is new,

for a part of blade made in Jul, Aug, Sep, 2011(maybe only for China market), kindly check it out

I know the camera will not work with the cam-test rom. I need a dmesg generated from the rom, it will contain extra information not generated by other roms.

Guest Piscium

Dear Tom G,

I have done the dmesg,( I just used super SSH on Blade and pietty to connect, and just put "dmesg" after I logged in. and then get the info and copied to txt as attached)

I don't know if I have done correct? or I should put some more command after?

I mean--dmesg /XXX?

or what I have done is ok?

if yes,

kindly check attached 3 dmesg output:

see below tips

Edited by Piscium

Guest Piscium

more info for you, one of Blade user show me today such an informaiton from his blade(V880 WCDMA version)

his blade is manufactured on 8th. Oct

following is his camera info:

--------------------------------

amera Information:

ID:0x5ca

Nmae:0x5ca-5.0Mp-AF

--------------------------

then he tried android 2.3.7, camera also not working

Edited by Piscium

ummm... two empty logs and one almost empty one.

I need the entire dmesg output. In particular I need it showing the output from the boot process. There should be a lot of output at boot. Boot the phone using the test rom and dump the whole dmesg to a file (dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt). Running the camera app is not necessary for what I need.

Thank you, you've been a great help.

There are two parts to the problem. First, the kernel needs to support the new camera. Then the user space libraries need to support it. The purpose of that test rom was to attempt adding kernel support for the new sensor, and it looks like it worked.

Now hopefully I just need to get the camera libs working properly.

<2>[10-19 13:59:21.630000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: msm_camera_dev_start: entry, name=msm_camera_s5k5cagx

<2>[10-19 13:59:21.630000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_i2c_probe: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:21.630000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: msm_camera_power_backend: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:22.960000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_hard_standby: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:23.020000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_hard_reset: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:23.070000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: msm_camera_drv_start:entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:23.070000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: msm_camera_drv_start:init sensors

<2>[10-19 13:59:23.070000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_sensor_probe: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:23.070000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_sensor_probe_init: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:23.070000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: msm_camera_power_backend: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:23.920000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_hard_standby: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:23.960000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_hard_reset: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:24.000000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_reg_init: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:33.170000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_set_lensshading: not supported!

<2>[10-19 13:59:33.170000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_sensor_release_internal: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:33.170000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_hard_standby: entry

<2>[10-19 13:59:33.950000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: s5k5cagx_init_suspend: entry

<6>[10-19 13:59:33.950000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq]msm_sync_init: initialized s5k5cagx

<2>[10-19 13:59:33.950000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: msm_camera_drv_start: setting camera node 0

<2>[10-19 13:59:33.970000] [68: s5k5cagx_wq][jia@msm_camera]: msm_camera_drv_start:exit

Guest Piscium

my pleasure!

thank you for been patient also!

My blade only have problem with Camera,

more user by using new blade have problem with touch screen, I hope I can get dmesg from some of them, once I have, I will report in this tip.

good night!

Yours Sincerely

Syne

Edited by Piscium

Guest Piscium

Dear Tom G,

As you have been done great all the time, you made it again this time!

1.The camera is now working OK.

2.Video recorder is also working OK, just when I tried set default setting, it's FC

therefore, I made both 2 dmesg and log for U, kindly check out in the attached RAR.

dmesg N log.rar

Following is some of my personal Q:

A.The photo quality seems going down, or this is just my own thinking problem? Later on I will make compare with ZTE official ROM.

BTW: I'm using camera360 from www.camera360.us since this app have more choices for effects and save better quality of picture file.

And I'm comparing based on this app only.

B. Is this camera 5 mega pixel? if yes, could you try to put the option for taking photo at 5mega?

I know the quality of the photo will not be improved, but some time or somebody need it

C. In the camera option, I also found "720P", U wanna put it here for camera? or you were intended to put it for video recorder?

also as I know...608MHz to record 720P is ....-_-!

D. The new test ROM is working much more better than last one, it's looks working stable, and quicker, just for UR info;

E. Could I find a slim CM7.1.X (just have ADW and other necessary components), because I just have 129M free ROM and 33M free RAM after boot.

Or you'll suggest I start doing partition to make APP2SD+?

and if I really wanna it slim, I should MOD by myself?

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely Yours,

Syne

Edited by Piscium

Guest Piscium

one more question,

Could I give this new test ROM in CN forum in order to expect more tester?(will be very less feedback as I can see)

Or let them wait for CM publish?

Edited by Piscium

Guest Piscium

Dear Tom G,

after 1 days test, the camera and video rec working ok.

The rom has 1 key problem, some time when after I power on or after reboot, the touch screen is not working, no any response except the power button can open and close the screen.

I had to take my battery out to restart the phone, and some time,after re-start still have same problem, this situation occurred 5 times from yesterday afternoon(only when I start the phone)

also, it's suddenly quit the game 3 times when I playing the 《Dungeon Hunter》

this situation didn't happend in ZTE ROM 2.2.2

on the other side, the ROM is power save, stable, I like it.

I will keep on testing~

Sincerely Yours,

Syne

1.The camera is now working OK.

2.Video recorder is also working OK, just when I tried set default setting, it's FC

The FC happens for me as well. I'll see if I can fix it. It doesn't happen on my other devices, so must be something wrong on blade.

Following is some of my personal Q:

A.The photo quality seems going down, or this is just my own thinking problem? Later on I will make compare with ZTE official ROM.

BTW: I'm using camera360 from www.camera360.us since this app have more choices for effects and save better quality of picture file.

And I'm comparing based on this app only.

I'm not sure why but some features have stopped working and quality in general looks worse than previously. This appears to effect all blades. I'll look into it.

B. Is this camera 5 mega pixel? if yes, could you try to put the option for taking photo at 5mega?

I know the quality of the photo will not be improved, but some time or somebody need it

Your hardware is 3MP. There is one string in the kernel (the one displayed in the info app) which incorrectly says its 5MP.

C. In the camera option, I also found "720P", U wanna put it here for camera? or you were intended to put it for video recorder?

also as I know...608MHz to record 720P is ....!

Video recording has always had problems with quality and framerate. If I every fix those I will fix up the resolutions.

E. Could I find a slim CM7.1.X (just have ADW and other necessary components), because I just have 129M free ROM and 33M free RAM after boot.

Or you'll suggest I start doing partition to make APP2SD+?

For the RAM issue you could try using compcache. It doesn't work at the moment but I have submitted a patch to fix it.

For the ROM you could use APPS2SD+ but I don't recommend it. You should look into repartitioning. I'm not sure if there are any roms for repartitioning V880s posted here (don't use a normal blade one!!), but I'm sure on Chinese forums there would be. I made one for my V880, but didn't distribute it, I'm not sure if I still have it.

Could I give this new test ROM in CN forum in order to expect more tester?(will be very less feedback as I can see)

Or let them wait for CM publish?

Distribute it if you like, but it may have other things broken in it. The fix has now been submitted so should appear in the nightly builds soon (and nightly builds should now be working again).

Dear Tom G,

after 1 days test, the camera and video rec working ok.

The rom has 1 key problem, some time when after I power on or after reboot, the touch screen is not working, no any response except the power button can open and close the screen.

I had to take my battery out to restart the phone, and some time,after re-start still have same problem, this situation occurred 5 times from yesterday afternoon(only when I start the phone)

also, it's suddenly quit the game 3 times when I playing the 《Dungeon Hunter》

this situation didn't happend in ZTE ROM 2.2.2

on the other side, the ROM is power save, stable, I like it.

I will keep on testing~

Sincerely Yours,

Syne

See if this helps with your touch screen issues. Also please see if it helps the other V880 users that have touch screen problems.

Link

Thanks.

Guest Piscium

Dear Tom G,

Thank U for taking time and efforts to help on this issue!

I will distribute the new test ROM to 2 CN forums

bbs.hiapk.com

bbs.anzhi.com

in order to help them and also hope will get more feedback.

I will do the test during the weekends as well.

Thank U!

Sincerely Yours,

Syne

Guest Piscium

1. the touch screen problem seems didn't resolve, after the 1st boot after flash..I saw the desktop but again can not unlock the screen, so I took my batter out again.

2. Therefore, I output 1 logcat when the problem happen, and output a dmesg out after a reinstall my battery and the touch working(sorry I didn't found the way like what I have done"adb logcat.." to do the dmesg from computer...

dm N cat.rar

3. The camera and video rec working ok

for the rest I will go on testing in these days.

good day!

Syne