[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

The stock Music player cannot see embedded album art. I use AAC (.m4a). Still works with sidecar jpeg files well.Been using GSF before, and just tried a friends VM7 Blade — both read embedded coveras just fine. Can this be fixed?

Guest KonstaT

The stock Music player cannot see embedded album art. I use AAC (.m4a). Still works with sidecar jpeg files well.Been using GSF before, and just tried a friends VM7 Blade — both read embedded coveras just fine. Can this be fixed?

Did it work with gsf with .m4a? This ROM has exactly the same stock music player app as gsf.

It displays embedded cover art just fine for .mp3s atleast...

Did it work with gsf with .m4a? This ROM has exactly the same stock music player app as gsf.

Yes, it did. Though I had a rather old build — GSF b9. I have the same files on my SD card.

It displays embedded cover art just fine for .mp3s atleast...

I have chosen AAC for better quality at lower bitrate (48 kbps stereo) so I can fit my entire collection on a 16GB card. The desktop Winamp nicely does the conversion on the fly while syncing with Android. With the audio quality that the Blade has, I cannot tell the source files from these low bit-rate copies.

That's strange...

Guest FollowWings

I Would like to know that does this ROM works well with Gameloft HD games?

I'm useing now Monfro CAE 3.1, and it has "Build.prop edited for Gameloft HD games (manufacturer HTC)" thingy.

Please if this ROM doesn't support those HD games, than please modify the Build.prop like that,

cause I would like to be your ROM's follower too!

Thanks a lot! :) :P

ps1.: Does this ROM supports other languages than english? (like Hungarian)

ps2.: Does this ROM supports Voltage control?

Thanks

Edited by FollowWings

Guest vladimird
Thanks much...seems very smooth...only real issue so far is that proximity needs calibrating I guess since screen remains on during call?

OEDIT: Just made call..screen went off & needed to pull battery to restart...

Also noticed strange script anomalies in dialogue boxes

Kđ gjqwqsddrdrtrttttzj6juzzzz67kql

Guest MidaMilunk

Please if this ROM doesn't support those HD games, than please modify the Build.prop like that,

ps1.: Does this ROM supports other languages than english? (like Hungarian)

ps2.: Does this ROM supports Voltage control?

You can use any build.prop editor (like absolute system root tools), or just root explorer in itself.

Természetesen tud magyarul is; mivel lényegében gyári, a fordítás kicsit jobb is, mint pl. a Cyanogenmod változatoké.

I have never heard of Voltage control on this CPU architect.. you mean overclocking, don't you? It is supported.

Edited by MidaMilunk

I have noticed the same problem. I have a number of .m4a files with embedded art on my SD card. With Swedish Spring RLS5, the Music app displayed the artwork; since upgrading to MMHMP RLS6 the artwork has not been shown. Not a terribly serious problem I know, but it would be nice if it could be fixed.

Guest KonstaT

Updated to RLS7. It is very possible that this is the final release. 'No battery mod' add-on is updated, other add-ons are just renamed. See the first post for more info.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS7.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?a02kwqlbc42ahvs (mirror)

MD5:04084E7A580BC180415871695F8FFC34

RLS7 changelog:

-updated notification power widget - better brightness button (auto -> min -> 48% -> max) and long press on any of the buttons opens respective settings menu (thanks to flshg)

-fixed small graphic glitch in tab dividers

-enhanced auto-brightness values

-updated No-frills CPU Control

-updated Maps and YouTube

-updated Market

-updated Superuser

RLS7 vanilla changelog:

-zte alarm instead of deskclock (displays next alarm in lockscreen)

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS7-Vanilla.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?gq3vu858hvlvdqb

MD5:891FB2CF69755A1F10868F96C5B74EA3

RLS7 TPT changelog:

-amss.mbn from latest ZTE update 4G4G_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B25

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS7-TPT.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?t8s44mc1tu45c7s

MD5:B53D8F6815677C5377ACC9B33E6269BA

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Amphoras

Hey KonstaT,

I am a little confused: I've taken a look at few gen1/2 conversion tpt's floating around and noticed something odd:

cache: 2 sys: 160 data: 294 oem: 0.1 total: 456,1 - by Wbaw

cache: 2 sys: 138 data: 315 oem: 0.1 total: 455,1 - by KonstaT

cache: 2 sys: 128 data: 311 oem: 0.1 total: 441,1 - by Amphoras

Does this mean that your tpt allocates the biggest amount of space for /data out of three, all the while having enough space for any rom that takes no more than 128mb of space? If that is the case, is there any reason why the total amount differs, especially in Amphoras case? And lastly, as far as I can remember, Wbaw's tpt comes with CWM5 and yours with CWM4 - any particular reason for using the older one?

I know its a late reply, but maybe you are still interested.

The one I made is for stock Gen 2 phones. The radio partitions in those phones take up 15MB more space than in Gen 1 phones that have been converted to Gen 2. That's why the total amount of space is 15MB smaller than wbaw's. In KonstaT's TPT, the 1MB difference is due to rounding and small differences in the sizes of some of the other partitions.

I know its a late reply, but maybe you are still interested.

The one I made is for stock Gen 2 phones. The radio partitions in those phones take up 15MB more space than in Gen 1 phones that have been converted to Gen 2. That's why the total amount of space is 15MB smaller than wbaw's. In KonstaT's TPT, the 1MB difference is due to rounding and small differences in the sizes of some of the other partitions.

Thanks for clearing that out, appreciate it :)

Great rom but could u fix the email client. Turn off push and it still pushes emails! This also happened with your last build.

Edited by Dezire

Guest TomsyStudio

Hi!

If i want to update to the newest release how can i do it in clockwork?(i have never done this before.)

Can someone write down the whole process, or give me a link with further information?

I have a gen 1 oled sf.

Thank you very much!

Guest KonstaT

Great rom but could u fix the email client. Turn off push and it still pushes emails! This also happened with your last build.

Well, you should have pointed that out on the previuos version already then. I knew when I said it's final that these small things start popping up. ;)

It's a stock email app and I don't know anything that I have done to break it. Try using Email.apk from some other ROM or use third party app instead (like K9 mail).

Hi!

If i want to update to the newest release how can i do it in clockwork?(i have never done this before.)

Can someone write down the whole process, or give me a link with further information?

I have a gen 1 oled sf.

Thank you very much!

There is a guide how to install a ROM into a gen1 phone here, but I must warn you it is quite outdated.

Easier method would be to use a all-in-one TPT installer. It will update your phone to gen2, repartition internal storage and install ROM and ClockWorkMod at the same time. You can find the TPT package and instructions in the first post.

Guest KonstaT

The TPT method is not working!!!!Missing the image.bin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All-in-one TPT installation:

This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This won't work if your phone was sold gen2 or you have used windows tool to update.

Guest domdom43

auto-brightness does not work correctly. It's too slow and level is not set to min even in the dark.

Is it possible to edit a config file to change levels? where is this file?

Thank's

Guest Deya_87

Im a bit disappointed with this ROM. Compared to Ginger Stir Fry the battery lasts a lot less (around 8-10hours max with 3G and 12-14hours without) and I do not overuse my phone. :unsure:

Edited by Deya_87

Guest KonstaT

auto-brightness does not work correctly. It's too slow and level is not set to min even in the dark.

Is it possible to edit a config file to change levels? where is this file?

Thank's

I'm not sure if there is a config file that you can edit. Auto-brightness values are in framework-res.apk/res/values/arrays.xml. You need to use apktool to get your hands on these. Current ones are:

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLevels">
<item>5</item>
<item>10</item>
<item>300</item>
<item>500</item>
<item>1000</item>
<item>3000</item>
<item>8000</item>
<item>16000</item>
</integer-array>
<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues">
<item>50</item>
<item>70</item>
<item>90</item>
<item>90</item>
<item>110</item>
<item>140</item>
<item>170</item>
<item>210</item>
<item>255</item>
</integer-array>
[/code]

First values are the brighness readings and the second ones are the actual backlight values. As you can see it doesn't go all way to the min, but neither it did with the stock values. You can also calibrate your sensors using the emode helper, calibrating the ambient light sensor might help with the 'slowness'.

Im a bit disappointed with this ROM. Compared to Ginger Stir Fry the battery lasts a lot less (around 8-10hours max with 3G and 12-14hours without) and I do not overuse my phone. :unsure:

That doesn't sound normal. You can use this app to see if there is some process keeping your phone awake. How are you syncing your mails/social media/weather etc? Make sure that you don't have any apps constantly dowloading from the web.

Guest Deya_87

That doesn't sound normal. You can use this app to see if there is some process keeping your phone awake. How are you syncing your mails/social media/weather etc? Make sure that you don't have any apps constantly dowloading from the web.

I disabled with the manager all data traffic this morning and when I came home at 5PM my battery was at 7% :blink:

I installed Battery Calibtration apk... could that be useful?

Guest KonstaT

I disabled with the manager all data traffic this morning and when I came home at 5PM my battery was at 7% :blink:

I installed Battery Calibtration apk... could that be useful?

Calibrating you battery can be useful. Also remember that you need to let you battery discharge and charge back up again couple of times to get more reliable battery readings.

Charge your phone to the max and reboot it before you let it sit over the night. If you have battery drain over night, use the app from the previous post to see if some app has kept wakelocks.

Guest Deya_87

Calibrating you battery can be useful. Also remember that you need to let you battery discharge and charge back up again couple of times to get more reliable battery readings.

Charge your phone to the max and reboot it before you let it sit over the night. If you have battery drain over night, use the app from the previous post to see if some app has kept wakelocks.

i've read somewhere that litium batteries didn't need to be fully charged/discharged.

Thanks, I will try the app you told me. Let's hope it will improve the battery life!! ^^

Guest KonstaT

i've read somewhere that litium batteries didn't need to be fully charged/discharged.

Thanks, I will try the app you told me. Let's hope it will improve the battery life!! ^^

It's not about the battery itself. It's about how android manages the battery statistics. Every time you wipe data or calibrate your battery, you remove /data/system/batterystats.bin which is where android system stores data about min/max battery values and a lot of other battery related info. This way your android actually 'learns' from battery usage more time you use it.

The app I linked is mostly for viewing battery info/wakelocks, it doesn't improve your battery life.

You might also want to check your CPU frequencies and scaling governor. More time your CPU spends in the higher frequencies, more battery it consumes. Keep it easy with the overclocking and keep min freq in 122mhz. I use SmartassV2 governor because I think it gives best overall performance.

Guest CodeWarrior

I also getting a bit less battery life than the froyo rom I was using before.

The app I linked is mostly for viewing battery info/wakelocks, it doesn't improve your battery life.

You might also want to check your CPU frequencies and scaling governor. More time your CPU spends in the higher frequencies, more battery it consumes. Keep it easy with the overclocking and keep min freq in 122mhz. I use SmartassV2 governor because I think it gives best overall performance.

I will try that app and smartassV2 governor, but what are your other settings i.e. max.clock freq and i/o scheduler?

Also I just finished installing and setting everything up (had to start again to use the zte dialer) when typically the new version appears as soon as I'm done! Is there an easier way to backup and restore all the apps and settings when upgrading?

Edited by CodeWarrior

Guest fallenangel32

I also getting a bit less battery life than the froyo rom I was using before.

I will try that app and smartassV2 governor, but what are your other settings i.e. max.clock freq and i/o scheduler?

Also I just finished installing and setting everything up (had to start again to use the zte dialer) when typically the new version appears as soon as I'm done! Is there an easier way to backup and restore all the apps and settings when upgrading?

For apps is the titanium backup,also bauckups the wifi pass,language-time,widgets,

for launcher settings if you use another(LPro,GO launcher etc) than the stock launcher there is a option to backup your current settings and restore them

and there is also the HuaweiBackupV2.1.8 for sms and other settings backuphuawei.zip