[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest liamdunn

Hi guys

Been using the rom for a few weeks now and it's great but lately the browser has been closing all on its own randomly, I don't get any FC error it just closes like the system has killed the process any idea on what could be causing this.

Cheers

Hi guys

Been using the rom for a few weeks now and it's great but lately the browser has been closing all on its own randomly, I don't get any FC error it just closes like the system has killed the process any idea on what could be causing this.

Cheers

Presumably this is the stock browser? If you haven't already, try clearing the browser application data and cache from the android settings/manage applications/all.

Guest liamdunn

Presumably this is the stock browser? If you haven't already, try clearing the browser application data and cache from the android settings/manage applications/all.

Yeah its the stock browser I'll give it a shot and see what happens

Cheers

Guest modacosmurf

Hi,

Firstly, absolutely fantastic rom.

Ive upgraded from ss 4b and was amazed at the amount of improvement!

I had 3 issues I was hoping someone could help me with....

1st is not too much of a problem...battery seems to be draining fast..ive done the phone on/off/on/off/wipe battery stats in clockworkmod.

2nd problem is more of an issue for me... I downloaded and installed a bunch of apps...part of the 10 days 10 cents/pence market deal....a load of them are missing from the menu. They show up in manage apps. someof them im not too bothered about ie games but some of the others I really do need to be able to see.

3rd problem....phone random reboots itself, don't know what else to say.

I really appreicate if someone can offer some advise. This isnt me complaining about the rom. for what its worth I was astounded by the quality and feature set and think it really strikes the right balance between practicallity, power and feature set.

Thanks in advacne.

Smurf

Guest evilbrain

I have had an issue with overclocking I think. Because when i OC my blade, after some time it reboots itself and android.phone.apk refuses to operate :) Ive experienced this twice, reboots didnt work, only full wipe and reflashing. Is it somewhat related with OC as I think or might there be another prob with this?

Edited by evilbrain

Guest dirlan2001

Yeah its the stock browser I'll give it a shot and see what happens

Cheers

You might also get Dolphin HD... works a charm and does clean the caches and history automatically if you wish...

:D

Guest modacosmurf

I have had an issue with overclocking I think. Because when i OC my blade, after some time it reboots itself and android.phone.apk refuses to operate :) Ive experienced this twice, reboots didnt work, only full wipe and reflashing. Is it somewhat related with OC as I think or might there be another prob with this?

Thanks, ive not overclocked - or at least i dont know i did.....

Guest dirlan2001

How high did you clock it ? In principle anything over 20-25% is murder. The CPU in the Blade isn't fit for OC, it's Big Brother (in Skate or such) has the Turbo and can reach 800...Besides if OC'ing, you also OC the built-in Andreno200 and that can take only as much as 10% extra.

Guest dirlan2001

Hi,

Firstly, absolutely fantastic rom.

Ive upgraded from ss 4b and was amazed at the amount of improvement!

I had 3 issues I was hoping someone could help me with....

1st is not too much of a problem...battery seems to be draining fast..ive done the phone on/off/on/off/wipe battery stats in clockworkmod.

2nd problem is more of an issue for me... I downloaded and installed a bunch of apps...part of the 10 days 10 cents/pence market deal....a load of them are missing from the menu. They show up in manage apps. someof them im not too bothered about ie games but some of the others I really do need to be able to see.

3rd problem....phone random reboots itself, don't know what else to say.

I really appreicate if someone can offer some advise. This isnt me complaining about the rom. for what its worth I was astounded by the quality and feature set and think it really strikes the right balance between practicallity, power and feature set.

Thanks in advacne.

Smurf

1. Did you check if ever you have an app running or a radio (wifi, BT, GPS ...) running. Speaking of the Radio, did you check the settings in the FM-app ?

2. Did you check, when in App Managment, if the apps are really active or not ?

3. Seems your hitting a memory-wall there. Did you install the Moldovan as-is or did you use the TPT ?

Guest evilbrain

How high did you clock it ? In principle anything over 20-25% is murder. The CPU in the Blade isn't fit for OC, it's Big Brother (in Skate or such) has the Turbo and can reach 800...Besides if OC'ing, you also OC the built-in Andreno200 and that can take only as much as 10% extra.

lol, on cm7 i have succesfully oc'ed to 748 MHz, and with perfect battery life, no probs. Maybe it is too much for mhmp? If so, why put an option to oc up to this value? Maybe it is the governors fault, Im going to do some thinking :)

edit: 748MHz means I didn't exceed 25% OC, so maybe smth with the gpu as you mentioned?

Edited by evilbrain

Guest modacosmurf

1. Did you check if ever you have an app running or a radio (wifi, BT, GPS ...) running. Speaking of the Radio, did you check the settings in the FM-app ?

2. Did you check, when in App Managment, if the apps are really active or not ?

3. Seems your hitting a memory-wall there. Did you install the Moldovan as-is or did you use the TPT ?

Thanks,

1, gps/wifi/bt were off. Fm app never used

2. Missed that.,

3, as is

back to the original probs

1 - battery, seems "better" today!? don't know if thats very accurate, or maybe ive just used it a lot less today

2 - disappearing apps, found them after reboot. dont think i did anything special to get them back

3 random reboots, have happened less although still on 1-2 a day, any ideas?

I made a package that will update system apps included in RLS7 to their latest versions. It automatically wipes dalvik cache so first boot takes a while.

Updated apps:

-Market 3.4.4

-Maps 6.0.2

-Terminal Emulator 1.0.39

M-MHMP-RLS7-SystemAppUpdate151211.zip

http://www.mediafire...1hs67p7urqssxlu

MD5:B3EC61BA0D3BB930EA3577454D58DAC8

Hi KonstaT, / everyone else - excuse my ignorance, never installed an update/theme ets before....do i install this the same way as a rom? - hanks in advance

ps love the work + thanks for the replies

Guest feckineejit

Thanks,

1, gps/wifi/bt were off. Fm app never used

2. Missed that.,

3, as is

1 - battery, seems "better" today!? don't know if thats very accurate, or maybe ive just used it a lot less today

2 - disappearing apps, found them after reboot. dont think i did anything special to get them back

3 random reboots, have happened less although still on 1-2 a day, any ideas?

Hi KonstaT, / everyone else - excuse my ignorance, never installed an update/theme ets before....do i install this the same way as a rom? - hanks in advance ps love the work + thanks for the replies

Yes just install via clockwork recovery

Moi KonstaT!

Thank you for the ROM, I've been waiting for long for an official-based Gingerbread. I used the TPT installation for my GEN1 OSF, upgraded from Modaco 2.2. Worked like charm, I do not know about how it will work out in the long run, it's fresh.

Unfortunately I must have been inattentive: I thought wipeing only applies to CWMR installations, and did the TPT without that. Now I have all my old apps, not all tested, but some definitely working. Or it might be because I have most of the progs on an ext partition of the SD card?

Now I am planning to install the ZTE dialler, but that probably needs a wipe/factory reset. Bad luck for my lucky survivor programs.

Please, keep up the good work, although I will probably not change the current release without a very pressing cause - "if it works, don't mend it"

I'm struggling with the USB file transfer mode.

If I connect my Blade to my PC, Windows (7 64bit) finds a new drive, (installed its driver at the first connection), but thats all. I can even see a new drive letter but it's not accessible. Of course I clicked the file transfer option in the Blade's drop-down menu, but after a while the phone drops the connection and reconnects the SDcard for itself.

I'm assuming the system app package will also apply to RLS6?

I can't find your RLS6-7 changelog any more, but I think it was just some app changes, I remember thinking it wasn't important to me. But still, I don't wanna break anything :lol:

Guest dirlan2001

I am about to try this ROM after JJ9. Which method is better - TPT ?

Thank you!

Hi,

Better use the TPT ... it will also update your radio's and give a better partition layout.

Cheers

Guest dirlan2001

Thanks,

3, as is

3 random reboots, have happened less although still on 1-2 a day, any ideas ?

3; hmm, AFAIK Swedish Spring was Gen1, other partition layout, radios... Better redo flash with TPT

1.. Battery-stats evolving continiously, try wipe battery-sats in CWM

2.. Have seen that only 1x in GSF when upgrading from b25 to b27 without wiping

3.. Guess that's also due to the fact you didn't TPT the phone, now your partition layout and radio's are a bit 'mixed' up .

Guest taannuk

Hi,

Better use the TPT ... it will also update your radio's and give a better partition layout.

Cheers

Thank you!

Do I need to format SD Card in some way when flashing by TPT method?

My OSF is Gen1 with OLED screen.

Thank you!

Edited by taannuk

Guest thaicbr

oK. I'M A BIT OF A NOOB.. How do i get the standard black and white android wall paper that comes with this rom.... I think it looks great.

BTW i tried the rom but was getting issues. proximity. music etc.

So going to try elite blade.....it was a nice rom but stil needs work (maybe ZTE's fault)

But i love the wallpaper and want it on what ever rom i use..please help.

Edited by thaicbr

I'm struggling with the USB file transfer mode.

If I connect my Blade to my PC, Windows (7 64bit) finds a new drive, (installed its driver at the first connection), but thats all. I can even see a new drive letter but it's not accessible. Of course I clicked the file transfer option in the Blade's drop-down menu, but after a while the phone drops the connection and reconnects the SDcard for itself.

It happens on a brand new Windows 7 install, so it's not a PC or OS problem.

Is there a solution for this?

Guest alfonex

I made a package that will update system apps included in RLS7 to their latest versions. It automatically wipes dalvik cache so first boot takes a while.

Updated apps:

-Market 3.4.4

-Maps 6.0.2

-Terminal Emulator 1.0.39

M-MHMP-RLS7-SystemAppUpdate151211.zip

http://www.mediafire...1hs67p7urqssxlu

MD5:B3EC61BA0D3BB930EA3577454D58DAC8

Hi, very nice rom!!. I integrate updates in rom with Titanium backup. But it is interesting the way you do it. Could you explain how to make an update.zip like this?

Thak you very much