[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

The battery life with unervolted kernel is really good. After 48 hrs of light usage there is still 69% left, not bad at all! ;) Tomorrow will check it under higher load, but it looks really promising anyway. B)

BTW. Is there a good reason to flash RLS9 from RLS8? Are there any bugs fixed in r9?

Guest tkelly0727

Hello, fantastic smooth rom.

I'm just wondering if there's any way of customizing the launcher?

What I mean by that is settings for how many home screens you have etc.

Thanks

no thats the stock GingerBread launcher. try launcher pro or go launcher ex from the market. both can be customize

and also can customize the icons. heres a ICS icon pack for launcher pro http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MV7591KL (by sami_22)

not sure about go launcher.

also an ICS theme by sami_22:http://android.modac...inger-negaraku/

Edited by tkelly0727

Guest Carlcass

no thats the stock GingerBread launcher. try launcher pro or go launcher ex from the market. both can be customize

and also can customize the icons. heres a ICS icon pack for launcher pro http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MV7591KL (by sami_22)

not sure about go launcher.

also an ICS theme by sami_22:http://android.modac...inger-negaraku/

That's a shame, since I tried switching to ADW launcher and it wasn't as smooth at all.

But maybe I'll try launcher pro then.

Guest malfare

RLS9 changelog:

-removed ZTE Emode Helper

It was only inluded because it was easy to use for calibrating proximity sensor. I made calibrating proximity much easier by putting it directly into 'ROM settings' menu.

You can still install it as a normal app if you like. There is a link to it's original thread in the first post.

I've tried the following two things, unsuccessfully :(.

Install as APK, unpacked from Emode.apk_FILES.zip, mentioned here:

#14 at http://android.modac...hout-ztedialer/

and

install emode.zip with ClockWorkMods Install from ZIP, mentioned here:

# 7 at http://android.modac...hout-ztedialer/

At last I installed ZTEEmodeHelper.apk, which did the job.

Now I know: EMode is one Thing, and EMode-Helper an other one. :rolleyes:

Regards

Manfred

Guest chaosfoevr

I hv a gen 1 device n m running rls9...I installed undervolt kernal n got stuck on droid logo ....is it for only gen2??? Everything else is running good and fo some reason I can't install 'astro file manager'

Can anyone explain how to fix wifi with the undervolt kernel? I'd like to use it, but since it breaks my wifi (can't connect) I'm not using it right now.

Guest chaosfoevr

I hv a gen 1 device n m running rls9...I installed undervolt kernal n got stuck on droid logo ....is it for only gen2??? Everything else is running good and fo some reason I can't install 'astro file manager'

Calibrated proximity sensesor now the screen won't sleep.......I wiped everything that I could started from scratch....I never had any problem wit rls7......help would b appreciated

Guest targetbsp

Can anyone explain how to fix wifi with the undervolt kernel? I'd like to use it, but since it breaks my wifi (can't connect) I'm not using it right now.

If it's the same as WBAW's undervolting, then it also undervolts the wifi. In which case undervolting is likely the direct cause of your issue and so doing what you;re doing now (not using it) is the fix.

Guest KonstaT

Like I already said in my previous post. Flashing stock kernels also replaces your wifi driver. If you want to go back to using custom kernels, you need to reflash the RLS9 ROM zip to get the original wifi driver back first (no wipes needed).

Out of interest, where/when did you buy your blade and what was its stock firmware? It really might have a different camera sensor again. Can you get some info about that sensor?

Guest KonstaT

flashed center clock and now i don't have rom manager section only battery ? what to do ? :D

I guess you used an old add-on. Only use add-ons that are in the first post.

Like I already said in my previous post. Flashing stock kernels also replaces your wifi driver. If you want to go back to using custom kernels, you need to reflash the RLS9 ROM zip to get the original wifi driver back first (no wipes needed).

Out of interest, where/when did you buy your blade and what was its stock firmware? It really might have a different camera sensor again. Can you get some info about that sensor?

I bought de Blade last week in the Netherlands, as a prepaid package from KPN. SImlockfree. Stock firmware was 2.2, using a 5.0 MP camera. Tomorrow I'll try to find some info on the camera sensor and post it here.

Guest Rödskägg

Is the ROM running with the undervolting by default or do I need to change any settings CPU-settings?

What settings do you recommend KonstaT?

Thx for a great ROM :)

Guest ice_chill

This is my favorite ROM, especially the Vanilla version. Is there any chance to add Skype fix to the kernel, so that loudspeaker is not permanently on ?

Thanks.

Guest KonstaT

Is the ROM running with the undervolting by default or do I need to change any settings CPU-settings?

What settings do you recommend KonstaT?

Thx for a great ROM :)

You need to install the undervolted kernel first (see optional kernels section in the first post, gen2 only). After installing that, CPU (when running 480mhz or lower freqs) and wifi adaptor are undervolted by default.

I recommend lowering min CPU freq to 122mhz. Overclocking ability is different in each device. Use ondemand or smartassv2 governor. Some i/o schedulers might give few points higher scores in some benchmarks but I don't think you can notice any difference in normal use. My current settings: 122-691mhz, Smartassv2, sio.

This is my favorite ROM, especially the Vanilla version. Is there any chance to add Skype fix to the kernel, so that loudspeaker is not permanently on ?

Thanks.

Where can I find this Skype fix for kernel?

I don't use skype, but it is suggested as work-around to use the FM-radio app that is included in this ROM. After closing FM-radio app, skype audio is routed to earpiece until next reboot.

Some might call it a bug, but it has turned out to be a nice feature. :P

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Maxsas360

You need to install the undervolted kernel first (see optional kernels section in the first post, gen2 only). After installing that, CPU (when running 480mhz or lower freqs) and wifi adaptor are undervolted by default.

I recommend lowering min CPU freq to 122mhz. Overclocking ability is different in each device. Use ondemand or smartassv2 governor. Some i/o schedulers might give few points higher scores in some benchmarks but I don't think you can notice any difference in normal use. My current settings: 122-691mhz, Smartassv2, sio.

Where can I find this Skype fix for kernel?

I don't use skype, but it is suggested as work-around to use the FM-radio app that is included in this ROM. After closing FM-radio app, skype audio is routed to earpiece until next reboot.

Some might call it a bug, but it has turned out to be a nice feature. :P

Somebody uses FM? :o And I think Skype should go thru the loudspeaker, not the earpiece.

Guest KonstaT

Somebody uses FM? :o And I think Skype should go thru the loudspeaker, not the earpiece.

I think that some people don't like their private conversations being over heard by other people.

I meant this suggested work-around:

Again, very simple issue to solve: after you turn the phone on, open FM Radio app (the andorko RDS version, to be found here, bundled with the ROM from the RLS4 on), close it - the sound will now be routed to the earpiece in Skype, Viber... This work until the next reboot...you have to open FM Radio app after each boot.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest thewild

Hi, and thanks for all the work you've done for the community !

I've been using your RLS7 ROM since I bought my Blade and have almost nothing to complain about !

Just minor sound problems, but I decided to give RLS9 a try before bothering you with them.

I have a small probleme though : I still have the old "6 switches" power widget. Is there something I should do to have the new one ? I tried changing some things in the settings (I have to options to select the switches and reorder them), but to no avail.

I did not wipe anything since I was already running Moldovan RLS7.

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot !

Guest Davidoff59

Im using version 9 standard version, not vanilla version and I can't get catalog to work. I have tried 3 different logging apps and none work, no logs coming up at all. I had this issue on version 8 also and posted it here.

Can anyone let me know which log app works please with this rom.

installed with a full wipe.

Guest tkelly0727

That's a shame, since I tried switching to ADW launcher and it wasn't as smooth at all.

But maybe I'll try launcher pro then.

yea. launcher pro is smooth i use it with the ICS extra. to have the look of the ICS launcher.

Guest KonstaT

Hi, and thanks for all the work you've done for the community !

I've been using your RLS7 ROM since I bought my Blade and have almost nothing to complain about !

Just minor sound problems, but I decided to give RLS9 a try before bothering you with them.

I have a small probleme though : I still have the old "6 switches" power widget. Is there something I should do to have the new one ? I tried changing some things in the settings (I have to options to select the switches and reorder them), but to no avail.

I did not wipe anything since I was already running Moldovan RLS7.

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot !

I can't quite understand. :o Only way that would be be possible is if you installed the "6 switches power widget" add-on after you had flashed RLS9. That would overwrite the new notification power widget.

Re-flash RLS9 and only use add-ons that are in the first post or themes that were specifically made for RLS9.

Im using version 9 standard version, not vanilla version and I can't get catalog to work. I have tried 3 different logging apps and none work, no logs coming up at all. I had this issue on version 8 also and posted it here.

Can anyone let me know which log app works please with this rom.

installed with a full wipe.

Interesting, I could have sworn I used aLogcat with this ROM at some point. It doesn't appear to be working anymore, just wondering what happened that broke it...

You can use 'adb logcat' from your computer.

You can also use logcat from Terminal Emulator with following commands:

su
logcat
[/code] Write to file:
[code]
su
logcat > /sdcard/filename.txt

Edited by KonstaT