zte skate (orange monte carlo)

Guest russ80

Guest mustang41

Thanks for the reply........as i said i've followed the guide and have the 2 files showing on my phone. However it didn't show a black screen (no.4 in "installing clockwork").

is there any way i can tell if I've done this right??

Thanks

Steve

Guest mustang41

dont put the files on your mobile .its all done with usb cable connected to pc ,thats where your going wrong.okay

That's the way I did it. The phone is just showing the orange android man.:(

Guest wrtease

take battery out then put it back in .power mobile on and if youve done the guide correctly you should have the main screen up.if not then .you need to do it again.

Guest TouchyAndalou

I'm having no luck whatsoever with this. As soon as I get to the stage "6. now install-superboot-window" the phone reboots and hangs on the green android man. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having no luck whatsoever with this. As soon as I get to the stage "6. now install-superboot-window" the phone reboots and hangs on the green android man. Any help would be appreciated.

are you using vista...

Guest TouchyAndalou

if you have tried everything in this post and still have no luck... try manually installing the google usb drivers, i had to do this on vista smile.gif

Hey mate,

Yep, been trying that and it just keeps saying "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device"

It's starting to drive me INSANE lol

Guest TouchyAndalou

Hey mate,

Yep, been trying that and it just keeps saying "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device"

Ok, now the error reads:

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

Android bootloader interface

The system cannot find the file specified

Can anyone please help with this?

Hey mate,

are you directing it to this exact file android_winusb.inf and then selecting it ???

Guest TouchyAndalou

are you directing it to this exact file android_winusb.inf and then selecting it ???

I am, and now I keep getting this error message

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

Android bootloader interface

The system cannot find the file specified

haha this may be the most aggravating thing ever!

Guest mustang41

This is starting to drive me mad too!!

I deleted what was showing on the phone and started again. . . .now it's showing device not found/waiting for device when I double click install superboot.

It's showing on device manager as "handset mass storage USB device". Windows has determined that the driver software is up to date.

This looked so easy to start with!!!!!

Any ideas????:( :(

Steve

Guest wrtease

from device manager here is what i have using windows 7

on my omc it says

disk drives

zte mass storage usb device.

ADB interface - zte composite adb driver .

do you have this too?

Guest TouchyAndalou

This is starting to drive me mad too!!

I deleted what was showing on the phone and started again. . . .now it's showing device not found/waiting for device when I double click install superboot.

It's showing on device manager as "handset mass storage USB device". Windows has determined that the driver software is up to date.

This looked so easy to start with!!!!!

Any ideas????:( :(

Steve

Well, I finally got mine sorted after tearing out my hair in frustration last night! Thank you to tillaz and anybody else who tried to help.

It's difficult to give advice as it kind of "just worked" in the end for me.

What I did do that may help is download a program called usbdeview, which shows you a list of all the devices that have been connected to your computer via usb ports recently. I disconnected my phone from the usb, opened this program and right clicked on anything to do with my phone (there were about 6 or 7) and clicked uninstall on them all. I then went to control panel - system and maintenance - systme - advanced system settings - hardware - windows update driver settings and then changed it to "ask me each time I connect a device to search for driver updates". I then uninstalled sdk manager, any drivers I had installed and rebooted so I could start again from scratch. This time, instead of downloading the sdk zip to the desktop, I downloaded directly to C:\ as no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't get device manager to find the drivers in the file on the desktop. After doing this, it started installing the drivers on my next attempt - I had to do them for both of the android devices listed in device manager, and then when it moved to the top of device manager under a more specific android listing (can't remember exactly what it comes up as) it still had a yellow exclamation mark so I had to install the drivers one more time for that. Refer to Dadashi's post #71 on page 4 of this thread to help with this, along with tillaz's posts as a general guide.

Also, I don't think you want it to be showing "handset mass storage USB device" - what you want is the 2 android devices to pop up. I think the way I got those was going onto computer, right clicking on what was for me "removable disk E" and selecting eject. Then the two android devices with the yellow exclamation marks should hopefully come up.

Good luck, you'll get there in the end (I didn't think I would!) and let us know if you're still having difficulty.

Guest mustang41

Getting nowhere fast here!!

I tried the USB deview and deleted things.....didn't seem to make any difference.

It's still waiting for device. . . .in Device Manager it's showing up as "USB Mass Storage Device".....there's 2 of them, and one has a yellow triangle beside it.

I just want to take the orange crud off the phone,and maybe try one of the great sounding custom ROMs - but I guess I have to do this part first somehow :(

Steve

Guest mustang41

OK....I think I'm getting somewhere!!

I uninstalled everything and started again. I've now got to "waiting for device" again.

In device manager under "other devices" I've got "android", with the yellow exclamation mark beside it. It's saying it need a driver.

I've downloaded the drivers but can't get them onto the phone. . . .there is no extra drive showing on "computer". . .before I started again it was showing as a device with removable storage. . .now nothing.

When I click on reinstall drivers through device manager, the check online comes back with nothing found.

I've downloaded the drivers , but when I click on them through the browse my computer option, it says windows could not find driver software for your device.

At least I'm getting closer. . . .has anyone got an idiots guide how to install the driver please???

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Guest mustang41

Think I've done it!!!

Followed Touchy's advice and took everything off, and then followed Tillaz's guide on how he did it for Vista, and . . .. . .I've now got something called "SUPERUSER" on my phone!!!!

Then installed clockwork I think. It went through the procedure and rebooted itself. . . .should it have another icon for clockwork or not???

Now to try and flash a new ROM !!!!

Brilliant guides and help guys.

Steve

Guest wrtease

no icon for clockwork .it will be a folder on sdcard and have your backup in it. .just reboot to clockwork .or power off and power on with the volume down pressed at the same time .then clockwork should appear.good luck.

Guest mustang41

Yes!!! I have clockwork as well :)

Just a couple of idiot questions about flashing a ROM......

When I explore my phone with it connected to the PC, I can't see the SD card anywhere, so how do I direst the ROM to the card?

When I do the wipe in clockwork, will this delete the photos on my SD card, and my contacts?

Thanks,

Steve

Guest wrtease

you should make shure usb debugging is enabled and power down and take sdcard out then back in .it should show the sdcard contents back in windows their you can add rom to it.