Need people to test app!

Guest Amphoras

Guest himanshu xcd35

Hi Amphoras,

I tried all your version. I even tried your other software which recommends which TPT to be used.

All of them said that my blade is chinese.

I bought it from Dell and in India.. How can it be chinese?

I even checked its imei authenticity after getting this msg from your app.

Its registered as dell's XCD35.

I was thinking about unlocking its RAM but after trying your app, am worried.

Can you help me in finding out whether my phone has locked ram available or not?

Guest Amphoras

It chooses from European and Chinese. It detects how much ram you have, and if you have 512MB is says European, and if you have 256MB is says Chinese. It only detects the amount you have unlocked though, I don't know of any way to check how much is available in the hardware without taking the phone apart to look.

The Idea Blades seem to be Chinese v880s which only have 256MB available. I think that the Dell ones are European Blades with 512MB available, but locked to 256MB. If this is the case then you should be able to use a TPT to unlock the extra ram. I think someone posted in another thread about the Dell XCD35 and whether unlocking the ram was successful or not, but I can't remember which thread it was.

Guest himanshu xcd35

I read a lot of articles to unlock RAM... But found only for European blades.

Can you tell me what happens if my phone is chinese and i try using a european TPT?

Will it brick my phone?

I also read your post :

where you mentioned that it wont boot untill I use a chinese one.

Can you provide me a chinese blade TPT? Cant find one anywhere.

And does that mean that even if my phone gets bricked because of using european TPT, it can be repaired back by using a chinese TPT?

Guest Amphoras

If your phone only has 256MB ram then it won't boot if you use a normal TPT. If you flashed a Chinese TPT it might work again, but it also might not. I don't know if there are differences in the radio parts either, so you might not be able to get a signal any more if you had to use a Chinese TPT. I think there is a Chinese TPT in the de-bricking thread, but it will only work on stock Gen 2 phones (don't know what yours is).

• 3 months later...
Guest fly_

I tested your app but with Blade Checker v1.3 the result is unkown type of Blade.

But I used a chinese Blade U880 (ok bought in China).

Edited by fly_

Guest matje103

I have a Dutch blade and it says: You have a European Blade. Just wondering, shouldn't be 'an' European Blade instead of 'a' European Blade? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest Amphoras

I have a Dutch blade and it says: You have a European Blade. Just wondering, shouldn't be 'an' European Blade instead of 'a' European Blade? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah I suppose maybe it should be. A European Blade sounds more natural than an European Blade to me though.

I tested your app but with Blade Checker v1.3 the result is unkown type of Blade.

But I used a chinese Blade U880 (ok bought in China).

v1.3 is an old version which had a bug in it. The latest version should give the correct result.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest unvermind

A European Blade sounds more natural than an European Blade to me though.

It does. Because of the [ju] sound. Same goes for a user, a uniform, .... :)

I will try your app on my Swiss Orange SF and report back.

Edited by unvermind

Guest Djalo

Red Bull Mobile One ( from Poland ), gen 2 already onboard, tpt via windows to 160 then to stock with tpt for ics. Your app says European Blade, good work !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mahesh Sharma

guys I have a dell xcd35 which i bricked and de-bricked while trying to unlock ram from it.. here is the screen shot of iomem command from terminal.

I don't know what it means but I want to know if there is any locked ram in my device as i am currently using a chinese tpt in order to keep it up(did it while de-bricking as it was not accepting euro tpt :| )

Any idea anyone?

really completly chinese or do I have any locked ram which can be unlocked?

need more info on my device then tell me :)

screenshot1339344581633.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Guest HumaDroid

really completly chinese or do I have any locked ram which can be unlocked?

When did you buy the phone? I heard that Dell xcd35 which were sold from late 2011 are Chinese, and the ones before that are European..