ro.build.date=Thu Sep 29 02:45:12 HKT 2011

ro.product.model=MEDION LIFEP4310

ro.build.software_version=GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02

ro.build.sw_internal_version=GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02

ro.product.locale.language=nl

ro.product.locale.region=BE

Here is the new TPT image.

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...0.0B02_TPT2.zip

I tested it on my phone and it worked flawlessly.

I recommend checking md5 checksum of image.bin after you transfer it to SD card so you

are sure the image was not corrupted during transfer.

MD5 checksum is: bceb65a762d7eb3ddc302cf6c079b028

Here is the tool to extract/create TPT images. But be carefull with it

http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/Gen2_TPT.zip

Edited by Wacky.ddw

I also purchased the Medion P4310 from that same store (we went to pick it up togheter :P) and I'm also completely new to android.

I have done some Idevice jailbreaking before, but android rooting is a total mystery for me at this point.

I would also love to see wacky's question answered, because i'd like to start messing around with this phone :)

Guest Sebastian404

Unless you want to go for a custom ROM we'd need a ROM dump of the device, I'd recommend you do a ROM dump anyway incase you have to revert

There is (as far as I know) no working root exploit for 2.3.5 so the only way forward right now is to use ADB to boot into clockworkmod recovery , tho that has been tricky for some people...

however you two are in a good position, if one of you install clockworkmod recovery and does a full backup, then shares the boot and system files with me, I can make you a unsecured boot image that will let the other person dump the un-modified recovery partition.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Unless you want to go for a custom ROM we'd need a ROM dump of the device, I'd recommend you do a ROM dump anyway incase you have to revert

But in order to dump the rom i will need to be rooted right? And rooting isnt possible on 2.3.5 or am i missing something? I wanted a backup stockrom anyway so i could flash it back if i need it for warranty purposes

There is (as far as I know) no working root exploit for 2.3.5 so the only way forward right now is to use ADB to boot into clockworkmod recovery , tho that has been tricky for some people...

I tried installing clockworkmod recovery yesterday trough rom manger, but when i wanted to take a rom backup with rom manager, it said i needed to install clockwork recovery. When i tried that, it showed me a box where i needed to confirm my phone model. But neither ZTE skate or Medion p4310 where in the list so i cancelled.

Then i searched the forum for a way to install clockworkmod and tried this way:

http://android.modac...kwork+zte+skate

But that didnt end that well :P I pressed the bat file 'install-recovery-windows.bat' the phone rebooted and was stuck on the Medion bootscreen. So i had to pull the battery out. Thinking i allready bricked my device so i tried booting with 'volume down + power' then i got a white box only showing FTM. Which didnt do anything and did not go away even when i was pressing the powerbutton. When i removed the battery and put it back in, it booted normally. So im not that eager to try something like that again, without having a noob proof tutorial and a litte insurance that im not going to brick it (Also what does FTM mean)

however you two are in a good position, if one of you install clockworkmod recovery and does a full backup, then shares the boot and system files with me, I can make you a unsecured boot image that will let the other person dump the un-modified recovery partition.

I dont know what you mean with this sentence. Are you saying i give you the dump and you crack it for us, so its rooted an give us permission to modify bootscreens etc? If you could give me a detailed discription about how to dump the rom, or link me up with a good link/FAQ im willing to dump the rom.

Anyway thanks for helping and putting your time into this :D we apreciate it!

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Sebastian404

Since there is no root exploit for android 2.3.5 the only way to root the phone is to have an insecure boot partition, the way forward is to install clockworkmod recovery and then do a nandroid backup, that way you can get the boot.img and I or someone else can produce an an insecure boot partition. The only draw back to that is once you install clockwork mod recovery the orginal recovery partition is gone...

Two of you (Wacky.ddw & Phizer) have the same device, so if Wacky.ddw installs clockwork mod and does a backup, then we can make an insecure boot partition that Phizer can install on his device and dump the recovery partition...

putting the two together will give up a full rom dump....

to install clockwork mod, don't bother with rom manager, just make install the USB drivers and you should be able to use ADB, following the instructions from that post you linked for manual installation should work.. the USB drivers are the tricky part there.

to install clockwork mod, don't bother with rom manager, just make install the USB drivers and you should be able to use ADB, following the instructions from that post you linked for manual installation should work.. the USB drivers are the tricky part there.

So just plugin the device, and wait till all the drivers are installed? Then put USB Debugging mode on and run the install-recovery-windows.bat

What do you mean by 'should be able to use ADB' That i have to plugin the device and wait for the usb drivers to be manualy installed or do i need the Android SDK for this? (Im installing it anyway)

Edited by Phizer

In my (really short experience), it's important to understand that the install-recovery-windows.bat does two different commands. I found useful running it step by step through the command line.

In the first one, it uses adb to put the phone in Fastboot mode. This will cause two things: first, your phone will seem stuck in the startup screen. And two, your Windows machine will detect a different device ("Android phone") or something like that. You'll have to install the drivers for this device before being able to use the fastboot commands.

Hope it helps and good luck.

Guest Sebastian404

Im afraid I'm not a windows user myself, but what reycat says sounds about right, the phone 'normaly' appears as a different device to when its in fast boot mode.

so if you install the drivers, then do a 'adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader' and wait, the phone will sit on an android screen, and then your PC should detect a new device and install the drivers... THEN you can use 'fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.img'..

I'm afraid I dont know much more than that when it comes to Windows, you might be better off posting on the clockworkmod post if you need more help ...

Guest Hakupanda

I did a back up of my rom from the Medion P4310 hope it can help, should I post it here or send it to Sebastian404 in private? I'll edit post if needed to provide the link.

Edited by Hakupanda

Guest Wacky.ddw

I did a back up of my rom from the Medion P4310 hope it can help, should I post it here or send it to Sebastian404 in private? I'll edit post if needed to provide the link.

Nice thanks man!!!

Could you also PM me the link :D or just post it here, i dont think its illegal. And i am curious how you managed to dump te stockrom? :D (But then again im a noob) :P

Guest unrandomsam

Since there is no root exploit for android 2.3.5 the only way to root the phone is to have an insecure boot partition, the way forward is to install clockworkmod recovery and then do a nandroid backup, that way you can get the boot.img and I or someone else can produce an an insecure boot partition. The only draw back to that is once you install clockwork mod recovery the orginal recovery partition is gone...

Two of you (Wacky.ddw & Phizer) have the same device, so if Wacky.ddw installs clockwork mod and does a backup, then we can make an insecure boot partition that Phizer can install on his device and dump the recovery partition...

putting the two together will give up a full rom dump....

I cannot see any reason why you cannot just :

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot clockworkmod.img

and then dump_image etc (And for system use the yaffs dumping tool thats part of clockworkmod).

Guest Wacky.ddw

I cannot see any reason why you cannot just :

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot clockworkmod.img

and then dump_image etc (And for system use the yaffs dumping tool thats part of clockworkmod).

I am glad you guys are willing to help, but the reason i cant is because i have no idea what you are talking about :D

like i said before i am new to android phones.

So please explain things to me like you would to a retarded kid, or a monkey or something :P

Are "adb reboot bootloader" "fastboot boot clockworkmod.img" CMD commando's are they terms, or what are they? because it sounds like chinese to me...

When i google for adb i get this explaination: http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.htm witch makes me only more confused :s

So here are the steps i did:

1. Downloading the unofficial MoDaCo build of ClockworkMod.

2. Install-recovery.bat.

3. The phone wil reboot en get stuck on the bootscreen.

4. After 10min of being stuck i pulled out the battery, because i was scared it would be bricked.

5. I dont know what i just did, or how i would even boot into clockworkmod recovery.

Is this a way to brick it, what am i doing wrong? am i even doing something right? :P

Do i need to install the android SDK first?

Guest Sebastian404

Im not sure why but my PM's dont seem to work since the board's revamp, so best post a link here... thanks.

Guest Sebastian404

Okay ! Here it is : xxx Hope it's complete and helps you !

Here is an insecure boot.img for the GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1, if someone with an untouched device wants to flash that to the BOOT partition you will be able to root and then dump the recovery partition...

GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1_insecure_boot.img - md5 : a06afdf618172cb0a824109652d7ead3

if anyone else wants to root this device, also feel free to use it :)

Guest Wacky.ddw

Here is an insecure boot.img for the GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1, if someone with an untouched device wants to flash that to the BOOT partition you will be able to root and then dump the recovery partition...

GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1_insecure_boot.img - md5 : a06afdf618172cb0a824109652d7ead3

if anyone else wants to root this device, also feel free to use it :)

Thank you very mutch!!! But i still dont have a clue what to do with it :P

Thx for doing all this, but as wacky said. I still don't get it either, I'm going to look up some tutorials of flashing roms on youtube.

But a idiot proof tutorial on what to do next would be much appreciated.

Maybe a just a explanation of what program to use to flash the rom and such.

Because as I said in the beginning, all this android stuff is really new to me, i'm still in the fase of being afraid to brick my phone.

But A big THANKS in place here, never expected this to come so fast! laugh.gif

Guest Sebastian404

there are lodas of tutorials about, I'd recomend you go check out the blade forum, just don't flash any files that are for the blade.

at a VERY basic level, an android device has a boot partition, and a system.. think of them as separate areas on the disk.

the boot partition sets up the device ready for android to load, and then the system partition has a copy of android along with any specific hardware drivers and apps..

the part where the device determines if its is secure or not is in the boot partition, so what I have given you is an unsecure one, if you replace the boot partition on your device with this one it will boot up and the device will let you run apps/etc as root.

again at a very basic level, you need to install the USB drivers for your phone, and then using the file from paul's clockwork mod you should be able to reboot it into bootloader, this is a special mode that allows you to change the content of boot parition.

so from CMD you give it the command 'adb reboot bootloader' to get it into that mode.

once its there you can use 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' to update the boot partition.

then 'fastboot reboot' to restart the device in an unsecure mode..

note if your using pauls clockwork mod you'll need to use 'adb-windows' and 'fastboot-windows' as the commands are named for the OS...

I have the same medion and it is bootlooping cause i did superboot on it. I read on the last pages of the tutorial that it is not suited for 2.3.5. But then it was to late.

Any idea's how to fix that?

EDIT: Nevermind fixed it! :lol:

Edited by shelfi

Guest Doman75

Hi,

i have on my Medion P4310 (Android 2.3.5) ClockworkMod 4.1.0.5 installed and then i have the su.zip over the Clockwork installed, now i have SU rights.

My medion is now h rooted Phone with CyanogenMod 7.1 (Android 2.3.5) Clockwork 4.1.0.5 Flashplayer 10.2 (on Cyanogen GPS, WLAN Bluetooth works fine).

Greets Doman

su.zip

Guest Doman75

Will this also root original ZTE Skate (Android 2.3.5)? If so, how to install the root?

I have no original ZTE Skate (Android 2.3.5), but when you have installed CWm you can make a backup of your phone and then you can test the su.zip.

Over CWM you make isnatll the su.zip

Greets