No mobile signal after CM 7.1 TPT inc Gen1>Gen2

Guest brightroar

Guest brightroar

Hey guys - I've posted this to XDA too in the hope of getting some insight before I start randomly trying things, but last time I mucked up a Blade you lot were ace so I figured it was worth asking for opinions here. If nobody has any better ideas I'm just going to start doing things mentioned in this thread (depending what I find when I get the phone back)

I have a spare Blade which was running some oldish version of Japanese Jellyfish - friend needed a phone, so I did a TPT of CM 7.1 which included the gen1 -> gen2 updatemajiggy. Was working fine with a Vodafone sim after updating.

Turned off, handed over, left him to it. Apparently it is now not connecting to any network regardless of what kind of sim is in it - I asked him to try a few just to eliminate carrier problems, confirmed not working with o2, voda, giffgaff, three and orange.

Don't have the handset with me right now, am going to pop round later and try and sort it out, but I'm assuming the radio has borked with the gen2 upgrade - found a similar issue here and here, except the market and google apps were at least fine when I last had it.

When I get hold of it I'm going to try and determine whether the IMEI is intact and whether the gen1 to gen2 worked properly and try and figure out where to go from there, but if anybody has any further thoughts I'd be grateful as I really don't want to brick the thing by cluelessly mucking about between gen1 and gen2.