OMC /SKATE Can You Use Camera Flash as a Torch?

Guest FatLadZ

Guest Fairlight2x

I missed having a torch after I upgraded from a Nokia 5800 to a Blade. It may not be a vital feature, but it is very useful. I'm surprised the manufacturers don't make it a feature. That LED is unused for like 90% of a phones life.

i have a torch apk from my sony xperia and wonder if it will work in the omc . i dont have a omc now so .how can i give it to anyone.this file ?

I doubt a simple apk will do the trick, needs coding....

Does your xperia have root? If yes is as simple as pull the apk from /system/app or /data/app or wherever it is.

Guest wrtease

yes it does and you can even download the roms from sony xperia forum they have the torch apk in them.

the TripNMiUI_105.235.U.B71 by tripraver its in the rom as torch apk

yes it does and you can even download the roms from sony xperia forum they have the torch apk in them.

the TripNMiUI_105.235.U.B71 by tripraver its in the rom as torch apk

Gives me FC <_<

Tilaz is supposed to be working on it but maybe he found its a bit too difficult :(

i haven't realy had a good look at this yet, but i think it may not be possible because of hardware limitations sad.gif

Guest unrandomsam

The thing about this is the way its implemented affects whether or not you need to have a hack in every single app that might need the flash (i.e bar-code readers) or you can implement it properly in the framework and then it just works like it does on other phones.

There is allot of features that ZTE misses that are supposed to be part of gingerbread.

i.e Bluetooth HID

Native Sip

This implementation of the camera flash

Webm Native ? (Not 100% certain about this.)

There is probably others.

Guest unrandomsam

I "need" a torch on my phone.

especially when its pitch black at 5pm when i leave work and have to walk down dark stairs.

The screen torch is a waste of time

So you can afford a phone but not a £1 keyring LED torch ?

Guest FatLadZ

So you can afford a phone but not a £1 keyring LED torch ?

stupid reply but.....

i would forget the keyring led and besides the phone led is much brighter!!!!

Guest dibbles

stupid reply but.....

i would forget the keyring led and besides the phone led is much brighter!!!!

Not sure why you thought that the reply was stupid..?!

Unless I forget I always have both my keys and phone with me. On my keyring is a small LED torch which is powered by a button battery. It has been useful for me and I would sooner have that held up rather than my phone.

You miss the point.

The idea is to have as many useful things as possible in your SMARTphone, like a Swissknife. So, is not about how much money has a person. For example, I own two torches, a GPS, a compass, two cameras, a laptop, etc. But certainly is a good idea to have all this tools in a SMARTtool, which is also a phone.

Guest unrandomsam

You miss the point.

The idea is to have as many useful things as possible in your SMARTphone, like a Swissknife. So, is not about how much money has a person. For example, I own two torches, a GPS, a compass, two cameras, a laptop, etc. But certainly is a good idea to have all this tools in a SMARTtool, which is also a phone.

I will have my keys with me 100% of the time when I leave the house. Won' t always have my phone with me (By choice).

I think *a* keyring torch is a no-brainer.

Edited by unrandomsam

Guest 0mniknightz

I cant agree with you people, a phone like this one who has GPS, Compass, etc etc its like an emergency phone, prepared for everything even a disaster like an earthquake , idont think many people think like you so why dont buy a GPS or buy a compass, why not a camera, that only because the future is to have an equipment capable of support the basic. For me and for a lot of people TORCH is an primary soft to have on android. By the way for military use torch on phone and gps is one of the best soft equipment.

Sorry for my english

i think soldier might be too busy to use phone when they are having war..lolz..:lol:

Guest unrandomsam

i have 18 cars and 26 motorbikes

i always carry my phone

Maybe you should sell one and buy a phone that does what you want.

(Surely it would be obvious to check first if the feature is that important to you)

(Works on my Xperia Play just fine doesn't work on any of the junk phone I have).

Guest FatLadZ

Maybe you should sell one and buy a phone that does what you want.

(Surely it would be obvious to check first if the feature is that important to you)

(Works on my Xperia Play just fine doesn't work on any of the junk phone I have).

no i think maybe i shouldnt sell one!

this phone does everything i want apart from flashlight

Edited by FatLadZ