OMC /SKATE Can You Use Camera Flash as a Torch?

Guest FatLadZ

<string name="pref_camera_flashmode_no_flash">no_flash</string>
<string name="pref_camera_flashmode_title">Flash mode</string>
<string name="pref_camera_flashmode_entry_auto">Auto</string>
<string name="pref_camera_flashmode_entry_on">On</string>
<string name="pref_camera_flashmode_entry_off">Off</string>
<string name="pref_camera_video_flashmode_default">off</string>
    <string name="pref_camera_flashmode_default">on</string>

just been looking through the camera.apk & it looks like flash mode for video recording is set to off

im going to edit some code and see if i can get flash with video... that would be a start

Edited by tillaz

<string name="pref_camera_facedetection_title">Face Detection</string>
<string name="pref_camera_facedetection_entry_off">Off</string>
<string name="pref_camera_facedetection_entry_on">On</string>
    <string name="pref_camera_facedetection_default">off</string>

face detection ???

Guest FatLadZ

face detection ???

surely you dont need face detection ?

maybe the face detection gives aless intensive flash?

Guest FatLadZ

face detection ???

surely you dont need face detection ?

maybe the face detection gives aless intensive flash?

Could someone who has decompiled the camera.apk please attach the file in text format, I would be interested in having a look at the code

From your question I assume you have no clue how an apk is after being decompiled...

It doesn't resume itself to a single file, it's many many files with many many text.

But since I'm a nice guy here you go the stock camera.apk decompiled: Camera.rar

anyone here able to do this?

Do the above? Or make torch work?

Guest sjoyce666

From your question I assume you have no clue how an apk is after being decompiled...

It doesn't resume itself to a single file, it's many many files with many many text.

But since I'm a nice guy here you go the stock camera.apk decompiled:

No I dont know how the apk is after being decompiled but thankyou for uploading anyway

I will have a look and see if I can make sense of it

Guest FatLadZ

I don't have this phone, but has anyone tried this app https://market.andro...san.zdevicetest

In Z device test just scroll down, open up flash test, see if you can turn flash on?

yep tried that and it crashes the program :(

Sorry!

The application Z-DeviceTest (process zausan.zdevicetest)

has stopped unexpectedly.

Please try again.

Edited by FatLadZ

There may be hardware limitations that have made ZTE prevent this: for example the LED might burn out if kept on continuously. Not everything can be solved in software :-(

Guest unrandomsam

There may be hardware limitations that have made ZTE prevent this: for example the LED might burn out if kept on continuously. Not everything can be solved in software :-(

I highly doubt it will burn out.

Its not impossible that ZTE wired it in a dumb way though.

If you can disable it and enable it (and have the options work) in the stock camera app then its not hardware.

Even then a device specific app could just turn the camera on would work but might get the annoying shutter sound.

That's not a Skate it's a zte "Warp" which obviously has different hardware...

The hardware differences are irrelevant, this app is mainly written for many different "Android" phones in mind it may work for your phone or it may not.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Just downloaded the free version and it does not work. I will try "buying" the pro version right now :P

He is using 1.5.9 i tried 1.6.0 like expected it does not work. :(

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest admanirv

Right, well i need to get back into development since i used to code in J2ME when i wasn't working industrial control systems.

I have just installed the android SDK and eclipse, so anyone in the know can I import the decompiled ApK and get the associate code tree? and begin to have a look at the code?.

I have an idea at the moment for faking photo's so constantly powering the LED flashlight at the moment but its a bit pie in the sky, and probably wont be the best solution but i can begin to look into, a good project to ease me back into development.

Is there anyone who could kindly give a push in the right direction?, please PM me as initially it'll be new to me.

Cheers

Edited by admanirv

Right, well i need to get back into development since i used to code in J2ME when i wasn't working industrial control systems.

I have just installed the android SDK and eclipse, so anyone in the know can I import the decompiled ApK and get the associate code tree? and begin to have a look at the code?.

I have an idea at the moment for faking photo's so constantly powering the LED flashlight at the moment but its a bit pie in the sky, and probably wont be the best solution but i can begin to look into, a good project to ease me back into development.

Is there anyone who could kindly give a push in the right direction?, please PM me as initially it'll be new to me.

Cheers

Look at post #83, I posted there the decompiled Camera.apk, you can start with that and end with that :P