[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.5 (25.06.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest concussion

Hi folks, basic question: once I have downloaded the files, how do I actually install the kernel onto my phone? I have competed steps 1 to 4 successfully, but am unsure as to how I should proceed.

Instructions

1 be sure to be rooted

2 be sure to have BusyBox installed

3 boot into recovery

4 make a Nandroid backup

5 flash without any wipe over your desired supported rom

Hi folks, basic question: once I have downloaded the files, how do I actually install the kernel onto my phone? I have competed steps 1 to 4 successfully, but am unsure as to how I should proceed.
You install it using Clockworkmod (recovery), just like you would install a ROM, but without wiping the data Edited by Mtman1

Guest concussion

Hi Mtman, thanks for the prompt reply. I have Recovery 2.2 installed and a nandroid backup made. I then downloaded Clockworkmod Rom Manager and confirmed I was using a 2.x recovery as it said "Liquid MT does not have an officially supported ClockworkMod Recovery". After copying the Kernel's zip file to the sd card I booted into recovery and was able to install it. However, the phone froze after installation and just showed a new Technolover startup screen. The phone would not start and I had to use the nandroid backup to reset the system. Have you any suggestions on how to fix this?

Many thanks!

Hi Mtman, thanks for the prompt reply. I have Recovery 2.2 installed and a nandroid backup made. I then downloaded Clockworkmod Rom Manager and confirmed I was using a 2.x recovery as it said "Liquid MT does not have an officially supported ClockworkMod Recovery". After copying the Kernel's zip file to the sd card I booted into recovery and was able to install it. However, the phone froze after installation and just showed a new Technolover startup screen. The phone would not start and I had to use the nandroid backup to reset the system. Have you any suggestions on how to fix this?

Many thanks!

I would use one of the recoveries pinned at the top of the section (I used lens_flares 5.0.2.8 (I think))

Also, make a backup of the phone again in the new recovery, I'm not sure if you will be able to restore your older backup

Edited by Mtman1

Guest concussion

I went ahead and installed Recovery MT3.0 and changed the setting in ClockworkMod Manager to "3.x+ Recovery". I then rebooted into recovery where the ClockworkMod was now showing a different version, v4.0.0.8. There was no change when I tried to boot or reflash Technolovers Kernel; I kept getting the updated Acer/Android screen and when I flashed Gingerounay 3.0 with system wipe it kept freezing on the stock Acer/Android screen. The worst thing is I don't know how to restore using the nandroid backup in CWM Recovery 4.0.0.8! The recovery file is still on my sd card and backed up on my PC but I can't run it from anywhere. Are there options to run a nandroid restore from recovery or some of the other boot menus?

Guest concussion

There is, but it's not showing me the backup I made earlier. I installed Recovery MT 2.2 and made a backup, attempted to flash kernel and had to run the backup as the system wouldn't boot past the Acer/Android startup. I then installed Recovery MT3.0 and flashed the kernel - I did not make a backup of the system as I had the first nandroid backup still on my sd card and also on my PC. I can successfully flash Technolovers kernel and Gingerounay 3.0 but the phone will not boot past the Android startup screen and I cannot run the backup, even though I can browse to it when I use the "Install from zip" in recovery :(

Guest concussion

Fixed

I installed Busybox to system/xbin rather than system/bin and the kernel installed properly. Didn't fix my camera problem but it looks like that's a hardware issue at this stage.

• 1 month later...
Guest PinoProxy

Help please!

I screwed up real bad D:

So sequence of events I went through:

1. Installed CWM-Recovery-5.5.0.4-Liquid-MT
  2. Took nand and ext backup
  3. Tried flashing t&l_Metal_2.3.6_13_AOSP but it failed because it didn't support the update script
  4. After some searching around got RecoveryMT-2.2 and installed that on the phone
  5. Then (unfortunately didnt take a nand backup at this point!) I flashed t&l_Metal_2.3.6_13_AOSP
  6. And (I'm so sorry for this! An honest mistake on my part) without going into the freshly installed ROM to root and install busybox I also flashed TechnoLover-Kernel-1.5-1-20120625-signed :unsure:

So now when I turn on the phone it gets stuck on TechnoLover Kernel's boot screen :o

What can I do at this point?

Unfortunately it seems like the CWM backup is not compatible with the AmonRa recovery so I can't put it back to how it was.

Ideally I would flash a ROM that has root+busybox so that it would start up, like the PerformanceRom that already has TechnoLover Kernel, but unfortunately this was fruitless as while flashing the rom for this I got an error with the googleFrameworkServices.apk

Would appreciate any help you can give please. :(

Guest PinoProxy

PHEW! OK fixed. So even in the boot screen I was still able to install CWM back on the phone using the PC and then restored the backup using that. That was a close one!

• 1 month later...
Guest hackenreiter

Hi there,

I'm experiencing some strange behaviour with the latest official ROM.

WIFI won't work for all apps. Stock Browser and K9-Mail work, but FB and Play Store got no connection.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks for reply.