Official Gary Crutcher's ROM Discussion Thread

Guest Lancez

Guest Lancez

nice :)

can you upload original system UI and framwork apk? going to stick with your LP3 with stock toggles and batt icon, thanks

Guest Gary Crutcher

thanks, works great, however, the battery % icon is still ICS style. anyway to make it my own? haven't tried UTO kichen on ICS yet, do you know if it'll work?

if i wanna go back to stock toggles and battery icon, what should i do? just delete lidroid_res.apk and replace with stock systemUI.apk?

P.S. LP3 is working buttery smooth :D

If you want to replace the % battery icons, just replace them with images you want in the SystemUI.apk file. Have not tried UOT with this ROM or the previous 2 ROMS I made as I now know how to add % battery icons when I make the ROM.

Samsung moved the % battery icons from the framework-res.apk to the SystemUI.apk, so I do not know if UOT will recognize this. But if they put it in the framework-res.apk it's ok. Just copy the icons to the SystemUI.apk.

If you want completely stock toggles, etc...replace the SystemUI.apk with the stock one.

Guest Gary Crutcher

nice :)

can you upload original system UI and framwork apk? going to stick with your LP3 with stock toggles and batt icon, thanks

I will upload them as a CWM install file in about 15 minutes.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Here you are Lance.

This has the SystemUI.apk & framework-res.apk in ti.

The framework-res.apk has the CRT effect and I removed the "Swipe screen to unlock" text removed, but no other changes. Unfortunately, the original deodexed framework-res.apk is on my computer at school. If you want it I will upload it on Monday - sorry about that.

Restore-XWLP3-to-Stock.zip

Guest Gary Crutcher

gary heres a fast download for LPS :P http://fastupload.ro...72ab31d55a.html

your LP3 is running flawlessly and battery life is great, after 12 hrs i still have 60% left. oh, your LP3 is the ONLY i9100 ICS ROM that i can use cache cleaner NG without any problems.

Thanks. I'm loving LP3, especially the fast scrolling.

Will download LPS and post later this week.

Guest skoda60

Thanks. I'm loving LP3, especially the fast scrolling.

Will download LPS and post later this week.

Downloaded xxlps from sammobile and flashed by mobile odin pro with cf root lp3. It was the smoother ICS so far. cpu master pro worked but battery saver plus hand the system. No more chinese tts even Samsung tts used to have Chinese but now no more. I can installed iflytek.tts(super chinese tts, cryster clear mandarine read out) but no way to set it as default tts for Chinese eBook listening. So ICS was not my daily ROM.

XXLPS was good for people who not using Chinese tts and can be used as daily ROM.

Guest Lancez

Downloaded xxlps from sammobile and flashed by mobile odin pro with cf root lp3. It was the smoother ICS so far. cpu master pro worked but battery saver plus hand the system. No more chinese tts even Samsung tts used to have Chinese but now no more. I can installed iflytek.tts(super chinese tts, cryster clear mandarine read out) but no way to set it as default tts for Chinese eBook listening. So ICS was not my daily ROM.

XXLPS was good for people who not using Chinese tts and can be used as daily ROM.

if u wanna chinese TTS, DXLP7 is meant for singapore and all south eastern asia.

Guest skoda60

if u wanna chinese TTS, DXLP7 is meant for singapore and all south eastern asia.

Chinese tts not worked on dxlp7. Even Samsung TTS now also without Chinese. All ics not working though.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi Gary using your LP7 based rom and I can't seem to find the option to improve face unlock.

Do you know where it is?

From what I have read, it is missing from the ROMs.

Guest Gary Crutcher

hell yeah :D

OK. Will post it tomorrow. Need to do some testing.

It's mostly ready to go, but want to test a few things.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Mikkle
XWLP4 ROM released to the wild!

Build date is 1 day after XXLPS ROM.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Gary!

Any chance you can do a CWM-flashable zip with the blue QP-icons for us non-purists? :-)

/Mikkel

Guest CaPunT

Here's my phone (XWLP3) with a little theming. I do not post themed ROMs as everyone has a preference about what they like, but I though I would share this.

post-557795-0-32377100-1333252521_thumb.post-557795-0-02450100-1333252538_thumb.post-557795-0-18346600-1333252575_thumb.post-557795-0-58783700-1333252599_thumb.post-557795-0-80874700-1333252623_thumb.post-557795-0-53649100-1333252671_thumb.

Awesome Theme Gary!

How/Where can i get hold of it? or did you come up with it yourself? If so, do you mind sharing? :D

Guest Gary Crutcher

Awesome Theme Gary!

How/Where can i get hold of it? or did you come up with it yourself? If so, do you mind sharing? :D

Yes, I came up with the home screen myself. The other items are just basic ICS theming.

Note: Some of the items on the home screen are from "paid" apps so I cannot provide them.

What I can do is provide you with my SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk, lidroid-res.apk and Contacts.apk files.

I use ADW Ex Launcher for the home screen. The clock is from "Analog Clock Collection", "DTAC" & "Date" are from "Make Your Clock Widget", Weather is from "Beautiful Widgets", and Moon is from "MoonPhase" Widget. Some of the icons I made myself.

All of these are on Google Play.

If you want my SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk, lidroid-res.apk and Contacts.apk let me know and I will provide a CWM install file. If you need some of the icons let me know.

NOTE: I have removed the clock from the statusbar in my SystemUI.apk as I see no point if you have a big clock on the homescreen and I do not need to know what time it is every minute of the day (ha! Ha!).

Edit: I have a CWM file with this theme for XXLPS with the statusbar clock if you want it.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest CaPunT

Yes, I came up with the home screen myself. The other items are just basic ICS theming.

Note: Some of the items on the home screen are from "paid" apps so I cannot provide them.

What I can do is provide you with my SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk, lidroid-res.apk and Contacts.apk files.

I use ADW Ex Launcher for the home screen. The clock is from "Analog Clock Collection", "DTAC" & "Date" are from "Make Your Clock Widget", Weather is from "Beautiful Widgets", and Moon is from "MoonPhase" Widget. Some of the icons I made myself.

All of these are on Google Play.

If you want my SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk, lidroid-res.apk and Contacts.apk let me know and I will provide a CWM install file. If you need some of the icons let me know.

NOTE: I have removed the clock from the statusbar in my SystemUI.apk as I see no point if you have a big clock on the homescreen and I do not need to know what time it is every minute of the day (ha! Ha!).

Edit: I have a CWM file with this theme for XXLPS with the statusbar clock if you want it.

Please! I am currently runnig your XXLPS so it works out nicely for me :)

I'll have a look at the things you mentioned on Google Play but if you can include some of the icons that would be awesome.

Thanks for all your effort and willingness to help everyone out, it's greatly appriciated!!