Official Gary Crutcher's ROM Discussion Thread

Guest Lancez

Guest Gary Crutcher

Please! I am currently runnig your XXLPS so it works out nicely for me :)

I'll have a look at the things you mentioned on Google Play but if you can include some of the icons that would be awesome.

Thanks for all your effort and willingness to help everyone out, it's greatly appriciated!!

Ok...attached is a CWM file which will replace the following files: SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk, lidroid-res.apk and Contacts.apk.

PLEASE BACK UP YOUR ROM BEFORE APPLYING THIS ZIP FILE.

ICS Mod CWM Zip file

Le t me know how you like it.

Guest Gary Crutcher

THIS IS ONLY FOR XXLPS ROM

Here is an update with a new framework-res.apk (I updated the circle buttons from green to blue) and the homescreen wallpaper, and some icons.

The images you will have to copy to your phone.

The Smartkeyboard theme is called glowkey_blue: see below.

post-557795-0-83231900-1333853277_thumb.

Wallpaper:

post-557795-0-31607000-1333853303_thumb.

Updated framework-res.apk:

ICS Themes-Update-CWM.zip

Here are the png/jpg icons:

png.zip

Enjoy!

Gary

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

been running LP4 with speed mode kernel for 3 days, nothing to report: D

Well...gee...happy to hear no problems. I'm still on LPS - too lazy to switch over I guess.

Guest Lancez

Well...gee...happy to hear no problems. I'm still on LPS - too lazy to switch over I guess.

LOL, we should have new build pretty soon I suppose.

:D

edit: off topic posts have been deleted :P

Guest CaPunT

Gary, thanks to you I now have my phone looking great and running better than ever!

Don't think i've played with it this much since i got it :D

Thank you kind Sir!

Guest Gary Crutcher

Gary, thanks to you I now have my phone looking great and running better than ever!

Don't think i've played with it this much since i got it :D

Thank you kind Sir!

You're welcome.

It is my pleasure to give back to the community.

Guest Lancez

LP7 feels smoother and much less laggy scrolling. opened up root explorer and went into system/app,which have a lot of files in there, you can feel the improvement immediately.

I haven't noticed any issues since this morning, 6 hours to be exact. battery life is slightly better than LP4. using speed mode kernel instead of LPS's.

Guest Gary Crutcher

LP7 feels smoother and much less laggy scrolling. opened up root explorer and went into system/app,which have a lot of files in there, you can feel the improvement immediately.

I haven't noticed any issues since this morning, 6 hours to be exact. battery life is slightly better than LP4. using speed mode kernel instead of LPS's.

Yes, I noticed the smoothness also. Scrolling is really fast - lovin' it.

Guest Gary Crutcher

For those of you who want the Extended Power Menu via the Power Button, here is a CWM file that will provide that menu. This is for XWLP7 ROM only.

To get to the extended menu press the power button, then restart from the menu, after which you will get the below menu.

Thanks to [email protected] and [email protected].

post-557795-0-72216900-1334224896_thumb.

XWLP7-Extended-Pwr-Menu.zip

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest skoda60

Thank Gary, I enjoy the hotfile download. Just completed downloaded xwlp7 and going to flashed it soon. Also thank for the extended power menu. Finally I can used as daily on ICS because I accidently found VoiceMore(语音朗读/电子书) from HiMarket China.

I can't see extra power menu for xwlp7 in tapatalk screen. Modaco web site which gave me bad required.

After flashed completed. Done another wiped by replacing I9100OXALPQ CSC and set to XEU CSC code. Restored just data from cwm backup set and all my data and acoounts setting were backed. Enjoy!

Edited by skoda60

Guest Mikkle

For those of you who want the Extended Power Menu via the Power Button, here is a CWM file that will provide that menu. This is for XWLP7 ROM only.

To get to the extended menu press the power button, then restart from the menu, after which you will get the below menu.

Thanks to [email protected] and [email protected].

post-557795-0-72216900-1334224896_thumb.

XWLP7-Extended-Pwr-Menu.zip

Thanks a lot, Gary!

Pushing my luck a bit here, I know, but: Could you build a cwm-zip with the blue-themed notificatoin bar (blue circle-battery, blue wifi icon, blue signal/mobile data etc) for XWLP7?

- I don't wear green well... ;-)

:-) Mikkle

Guest Gary Crutcher

Thanks a lot, Gary!

Pushing my luck a bit here, I know, but: Could you build a cwm-zip with the blue-themed notificatoin bar (blue circle-battery, blue wifi icon, blue signal/mobile data etc) for XWLP7?

- I don't wear green well... ;-)

Sure I can. Not at home at the moment. When I get home I will post the ICS-themed status bar. Do you also want the ICS theme for the rest - Contacts, statusbar pull down, settings, etc.?

Guest Gary Crutcher

@Mikkle

Here is the ICS blue icon systemui you requested. The CWM zip file contains the following with blue icons:

SystemUI.apk

Contacts.apk

framework-res.apk

lidroid-res.apk

Make sure you backup before installing this.

Enjoy

Gary

XWLP7-ICS-Theme

Guest Mikkle

@Mikkle

Here is the ICS blue icon systemui you requested. The CWM zip file contains the following with blue icons:

SystemUI.apk

Contacts.apk

framework-res.apk

lidroid-res.apk

Make sure you backup before installing this.

Enjoy

Gary

XWLP7-ICS-Theme

Awesome!

Thanks again, Gary!

Guest CaPunT

I got a friend of mine to root his phone and load your LPS on as well and when i asked him how it was he said it was great except for one thing: he couldn't update or download anything from the play store using 3G. To which i though he was just being a noob and had the "update over WiFi only" option selected. After trying it out for myself, i couldnt get it working either... Always used wifi to do my updating and downloads. You guys having the same issue? Any idea's?

Guest Gary Crutcher

I got a friend of mine to root his phone and load your LPS on as well and when i asked him how it was he said it was great except for one thing: he couldn't update or download anything from the play store using 3G. To which i though he was just being a noob and had the "update over WiFi only" option selected. After trying it out for myself, i couldnt get it working either... Always used wifi to do my updating and downloads. You guys having the same issue? Any idea's?

Normally I do not use wifi even though I have it at home. I use H+.

I have used wifi at home with no issues.

You might try reflashing to see if something got corrupted somehow - test your phone before you restore your apps.

Guest Mug UK

Cheers Gary.

I Installed XWLP7 last night. All went smoothly and restored almost all my data. I always forget to restore all my logins for apps but I'll learn one day.

Hard lesson learned was not setting up my alarm clocks though .. missed my lift into work and had to rush out the door like a loon to get the next available train. Now installed an alarm app that backs up the settings to the SD card and replaced 'Memo' with Evernote so I don't lose my handy notes and reminders :)

Guest skoda60

Cheer Gary,

I was on your xwlp7 the second day. Installed the blue theme and extennded power menu and all worked great and smooth for me. Enjoying your excellent ROM. Many thanks.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Cheer Gary,

I was on your xwlp7 the second day. Installed the blue theme and extennded power menu and all worked great and smooth for me. Enjoying your excellent ROM. Many thanks.

Hi Skoda60,

Thanks for the feedback. Am happy you liked the theme and extended power menu. rolleyes.gif

Guest Lancez

if i can get a stock themed circle battery mod, i'll be happy as a bunny, brown bunny :P

30hours later, no fc, no reboot and battery is at 45%. am not a light user.

Guest Gary Crutcher

if i can get a stock themed circle battery mod, i'll be happy as a bunny, brown bunny :P

30hours later, no fc, no reboot and battery is at 45%. am not a light user.

Do you mean "green" circle battery mod like the blue one I posted?