Official Gary Crutcher's ROM Discussion Thread

Guest Lancez

Guest skoda60

@Lancez

Try this. It's a CWM install package. Same as ICS theme battery mod I posted but in green.

Make sure you backup before installing this.

XWLP7-Green-batt-mod.zip

It worked for me. XWLP7 was good. But it drained the battery like drinking bear. I just browsing the forum with brightness auto, battery less than 5% in 3+ hours with siyah 3.1rc3 else it was a very good ROM.

Guest Gary Crutcher

It worked for me. XWLP7 was good. But it drained the battery like drinking bear. I just browsing the forum with brightness auto, battery less than 5% in 3+ hours with siyah 3.1rc3 else it was a very good ROM.

Really? I am using XWLP7 with my mods and Siyah-v3.1rc3 and not experiencing that at all. At 74% after 5.5 hours including using wifi. Maybe another program is using your battery.

Guest Lancez

speed mode k3-9 works great for me.

Guest skoda60

speed mode k3-9 works great for me.

Thank, I will try speed sometime later. CPU spy shown my phone stay more on 1200Hz with lolzative. Just changed to ondemand look now more positive.

Guest skoda60

Cheers Gary.

I Installed XWLP7 last night. All went smoothly and restored almost all my data. I always forget to restore all my logins for apps but I'll learn one day.

Hard lesson learned was not setting up my alarm clocks though .. missed my lift into work and had to rush out the door like a loon to get the next available train. Now installed an alarm app that backs up the settings to the SD card and replaced 'Memo' with Evernote so I don't lose my handy notes and reminders :)

You can tried restored from cwm backup set and just ticked only DATA. This ways your applications, data and account setting will back in few minutes including the launcher layout.

Guest oursoul

No BLN support :(

no problem, I'm downloading the Siyah Kernal v3.1rc5

Garry if you have a moment can you explain why you chose Chainsfire over Siyah in your ICS releases?

Edited by oursoul

Guest Gary Crutcher

No BLN support :(

no problem, I'm downloading the Siyah Kernal v3.1rc5

Garry if you have a moment can you explain why you chose Chainsfire over Siyah in your ICS releases?

Sure.

I used Chainfire because it is a Samsung stock kernel with only CWM added.

I would package Siyah kernels with my ROMs but his are still in testing - he is currently on RC4 (Release Candidate 4). Additionally, if I package Siyah kernels then people would expect me to support the kernel I put in a ROM. I would prefer supporting, for now, the stock Samsung kernel.

As a side note, I use Siyah's kernels in my phone and have been since he started making them.

Hope this answers your question.smile.gif

Guest oursoul

I see, that makes sense and I appreciate your position.

I've installed the Siyah rc5 and it's working nicely along with ExTweaks (just for the BLN without wakelock tweak).

I'm loving how one can 'disable' preconfigured apps on ICS.

I can highly reccomend ADW launcher EX for ICS too.. it's beautiful. Also smart keyboard pro is a lot better than stock.

Guest Gary Crutcher

I see, that makes sense and I appreciate your position.

I've installed the Siyah rc5 and it's working nicely along with ExTweaks (just for the BLN without wakelock tweak).

I'm loving how one can 'disable' preconfigured apps on ICS.

I can highly reccomend ADW launcher EX for ICS too.. it's beautiful. Also smart keyboard pro is a lot better than stock.

I use both apps but am now trying Go Launcher Ex. It is faster and has some nice options.

Guest oursoul

I use both apps but am now trying Go Launcher Ex. It is faster and has some nice options.

That's interesting, I went the other way. I had Go Launcher Ex for ages (also on my Oxygen HTC Desire) but got ADW for 10p courtesy of Google at Christmas and have never looked back. I find ADW a lot less spammy, pretty much everything it offers I make use of and for me its just that little bit bolder than Go and I like it more when it comes to the acid test.

I see in the release notes for the XWLP7 that it includes the CRT screen off thing, but mine doesn't seem to do it?

Any idea why? I really like and will miss that.

Thanks again Gary for a fantastic job on packaging such a great rom. I was so happy with my Gingerbread from you and now I have your ICS release I can honestly say it feels like I have a brand new phone :lol:

Guest Gary Crutcher

That's interesting, I went the other way. I had Go Launcher Ex for ages (also on my Oxygen HTC Desire) but got ADW for 10p courtesy of Google at Christmas and have never looked back. I find ADW a lot less spammy, pretty much everything it offers I make use of and for me its just that little bit bolder than Go and I like it more when it comes to the acid test.

I see in the release notes for the XWLP7 that it includes the CRT screen off thing, but mine doesn't seem to do it?

Any idea why? I really like and will miss that.

Thanks again Gary for a fantastic job on packaging such a great rom. I was so happy with my Gingerbread from you and now I have your ICS release I can honestly say it feels like I have a brand new phone :lol:

The ROM you downloaded (XWLP7) is the same CWM zip that is on my phone now. CRT off should work. I use all the same files for my phone that I post. The only exception is a mod to SystemUI.apk where I remove displaying the clock in the statusbar. Aside from changing the icons, nothing is different from the ROM I post and the one I use daily.

If you can send me your framework-res.apk I will decompile it and make sure the CRT effect is enabled.

I have both Go Launcher Ex and ADW Launcher Ex installed. Been using ADW LAuncher Ex for some time now, but from reading what people are saying about Go Launcher, I thought i would give it a try. It has some very nice screen transition effects.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi Gary

Does latest build have the 3d effect on it? Doesn't appear on mine.

Thanks for your efforts!!

Are you talking about the QuickPanel buttons? If yes, what color is your quickpanel background? Black or Greyish?

Are you talking about the QuickPanel buttons? If yes, what color is your quickpanel background? Black or Greyish?

Sorry I meant, sliding through screens/desktops. The cubed effect.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Sorry I meant, sliding through screens/desktops. The cubed effect.

This is basically a stock ROM with the QuickPanel buttons, CRT off and leading zero removed from lockscreen.

What you are talking about has to do with the launcher and I left the launcher stock - Touchwiz launcher.

You may want to try Go Launcher Ex or ADW Launcher Ex for the screen transition options. I use both.

This is basically a stock ROM with the QuickPanel buttons, CRT off and leading zero removed from lockscreen.

What you are talking about has to do with the launcher and I left the launcher stock - Touchwiz launcher.

You may want to try Go Launcher Ex or ADW Launcher Ex for the screen transition options. I use both.

Ok thanks, I think I mean overscoll. I don't seem to have CRT off, so perhaps I need to reflash again.

Guest Lancez

waiting for google direct download link, the other 2 are too slow :P

hotfile seems better today, downloading now, can't wait to test it out.

Guest bobblot

Really? I am using XWLP7 with my mods and Siyah-v3.1rc3 and not experiencing that at all. At 74% after 5.5 hours including using wifi. Maybe another program is using your battery.

Have you changed any setting in extweaks to get that sort of battery life?

I'd love to be able to get that sort of battery life. I have most things manual sync only emails are auto sync and I'm down to 70% in 4 hours with wifi off. I'm using siyah 3.1 rc6

Guest Gary Crutcher

Have you changed any setting in extweaks to get that sort of battery life?

I'd love to be able to get that sort of battery life. I have most things manual sync only emails are auto sync and I'm down to 70% in 4 hours with wifi off. I'm using siyah 3.1 rc6

Have not used ExTweaks and do not plan to.