ICS lookalike ROM

Guest Krste

Guest Racerboy

had a look on S.D. card,it wasn't there.its no great lost,but ive got it from market now.i also looked in T.Back up and Antek app manager,but no joy.in antek it states that i.c.s theme sandwich data 0.00 do i need to worry about this? or is it part of the set up on this ROM.

check "settings/applications/sdcard" see what is installed on it (if anything)...........all versions prior to ISC-MOD v5 you had to select the theme yourself but in v5 i set it so the ICS theme was already applied after installing the ROM, maybe if you`ve installed a previous version of ICS-MOD t.b. may have over written latest versions of themes thus creating the problem............about antek saying 0.00 data for sandwich theme, if thats the size of the actual .apk file then yes thats not right, but if its the data cache of the already installed app then should`nt be a problem, personelly i`d back up the apps you added yourself from market or wherever without any other data, do a clean install as per my instructions and then restore only apps.......that will remedy all your little niggley problems............

Edited by Racerboy

Guest sam tyler

the version i have on phone IS ICSv5-MOD-RACER.I will reinstall ROM again, and the Google apps.(and of course back up all my stuff! hopefully this time it will work.im going to use ROM i put on the SD card.;let you know what happens.

Guest Racerboy

Everything fine now.smoke live w.p. still force closed. But I did read in an earlier post about that. Thanks for the advice. Cheers.

oh good, regards smoke wallpaper, that has f/c-ed for a long time, i started just removing it from the roms a while ago.....i will in some spare time check the .apk file out see if possible to fix it

Guest sam tyler

If you do an update,or is there a way having the transparent Google search bar I've been seen on other phones? Or was is it just for certain phone's? As I think it looks good with certain w.p.'s and yes,those wallpapers came back!

Edited by sam tyler

Guest plegdroid

If you do an update,or is there a way having the transparent Google search bar I've been seen on other phones? Or was is it just for certain phone's? As I think it looks good with certain w.p.'s and yes,those wallpapers came back!

Get go search widget, and the transparent skin for it.

:)

Guest sam tyler

Eh....if you mean the widget for search ,it just takes you to search screen. I also went to browser settings. But couldn't see it. I will go on market and download an theme/launcher (go/ads)that has it.thanks for the reply.

Guest shharisree

Eh....if you mean the widget for search ,it just takes you to search screen. I also went to browser settings. But couldn't see it. I will go on market and download an theme/launcher (go/ads)that has it.thanks for the reply.

lol ..buddy, plegdroid jus wanna make u search 4 'go search widget' itz an app in market.... 

Edited by shharisree

Guest sam tyler

Downloaded adw and ics theme. Gave me an lovely pic of transparent Google search bar(can't tap on it )going back to stock.(I.c.s. that is) Thanks for advice the search continues..

Edited by sam tyler

Guest plegdroid

Downloaded adw and ics theme. Gave me an lovely pic of transparent Google search bar(can't tap on it )going back to stock.(I.c.s. that is) Thanks for advice the search continues..

did you try downloading Google search from market( it's different than the one in the rom) freeze the one it comes with and see if the ics theme will now render the search wigit transparent :)

Guest sam tyler

Froze. Search bar(downloaded search when first started rom)tried adw and go voice search(next to the bar) worked but main bar still stuck.have to download search again.

Guest sam tyler

did a fresh install of rom this time i didnt install search from market. downloaded go and ics search bar, but when you tap on it,it just makes the screen go dark! stupid!

Guest plegdroid

did a fresh install of rom this time i didnt install search from market. downloaded go and ics search bar, but when you tap on it,it just makes the screen go dark! stupid!

when it goes dark -have you search still frozen out? not installed? :)

Guest sam tyler

The search bar is part of the wallpaper. Its NOT a real search bar. Even when I installed the Google search, it still does it. Looks nice as a pic! People's Reviews on market seem to have same problem.

Guest plegdroid

The search bar is part of the wallpaper. Its NOT a real search bar. Even when I installed the Google search, it still does it. Looks nice as a pic! People's Reviews on market seem to have same problem.

:lol: there are themes that render the search widget, "go" do an ics theme.

edit: ics search bar 2 for go widget, will give you the transparent ics search bar :)

or twiz ics will give it you on it's own :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest sam tyler

The builder of the search bar makes two versions of the go widget. as the first wont work On some phones (mine!) But the other does! It wont work adw(it said it does) but works go(ex) if you press on left side of search bar(transparent) it still goes dark(some kind of lock screen?) but if you Tap the center of the bar it works. But I have to press house icon on phone to bring phone back alive. (Have to select go launcher again or if i use the back button,(on phone)it lights up again )the search bar I'm using is search bar(2)for go widget.you to have a go widget as well to install it(search bar)crazy way to do things!

Edited by sam tyler

Guest sam tyler

this is twiz free from market

downloaded twiz search bar,offloaded all the go stuff.search bar(twiz)seems to be working ok.maybe the fresh install of the ROM helped(must have missed something on first install) .and i got some memory back.another case closed!

Guest plegdroid

downloaded twiz search bar,offloaded all the go stuff.search bar(twiz)seems to be working ok.maybe the fresh install of the ROM helped(must have missed something on first install) .and i got some memory back.another case closed!

nice one :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest plegdroid

I can't download ROM's of ICS-MOD-V5 from adress of RACER supplier ,who can upload the ROM on new ftp server ,thx!!

Just tried it and the link does work :)