Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest Voxpop2011

I have phone on custom rom atomic rom. I want to unlock but was unsure if this is possible with custom rom installed. Will it mess up if I try doing it with my custom rom? Do I need to flash back to stock rom first before the unlock?

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Also the mac address problem will this still be a problem or do I need to repair that after unlock?

Thanks for any help :o)

Okay. The unlock tutorial is purely to allow use of the OMC on other networks, but if you do not follow the recommended back-up procedures in the tutorial you will loose stuff. Clockwork is a way to enable custom roms to be installed, but in this case it will get in the way of the unlocking process so needs to be removed. In any event the post-unlock procedure will, in your case, reinstall clockwork recovery.

So far as the tutorial is concerned, it has been modified so that the broken MAC address is no longer an issue. However, it is a good idea to make a note of this in case something does go wrong, and you can find the fix in another thread on this forum. I myself used this tutorial to unlock and even though it took me two weekends, it worked.

Guest arnookie

Okay. The unlock tutorial is purely to allow use of the OMC on other networks, but if you do not follow the recommended back-up procedures in the tutorial you will loose stuff. Clockwork is a way to enable custom roms to be installed, but in this case it will get in the way of the unlocking process so needs to be removed. In any event the post-unlock procedure will, in your case, reinstall clockwork recovery.

So far as the tutorial is concerned, it has been modified so that the broken MAC address is no longer an issue. However, it is a good idea to make a note of this in case something does go wrong, and you can find the fix in another thread on this forum. I myself used this tutorial to unlock and even though it took me two weekends, it worked.

Thanks for your reply. But I am still unsure if I should remove clockwork or let the unlock method do it. I still don't know if I need to go back to stock rom or if I can use this with custom rom already installed. Thanks.

Guest Voxpop2011

Thanks for your reply. But I am still unsure if I should remove clockwork or let the unlock method do it. I still don't know if I need to go back to stock rom or if I can use this with custom rom already installed. Thanks.

You will have to remove Clockwork as it is preventing the phone from booting into the FTM mode. When you have done that, follow the tutorial to the letter, do not be tempted to skip anything in particular, the post-unlocking step as this will re-install Clockwork recovery and you can then, if necessry, re-flash your custom rom.

I must confess I found the whole unlocking really challenging and as I said before, it took several weekends.

Guest arnookie

You will have to remove Clockwork as it is preventing the phone from booting into the FTM mode. When you have done that, follow the tutorial to the letter, do not be tempted to skip anything in particular, the post-unlocking step as this will re-install Clockwork recovery and you can then, if necessry, re-flash your custom rom.

I must confess I found the whole unlocking really challenging and as I said before, it took several weekends.

Thanks I just wanted to check about clockwork getting in the way. I'll give it a try and see how I go. :o)

Guest arnookie

Thanks I just wanted to check about clockwork getting in the way. I'll give it a try and see how I go. :o)

I am just about to attempt this but If I remove clockwork do I really need to restore stock rom or can I do this with my custom rom as long as I remove clockwork? Do I really need the phone back at stock rom or do I just need stock recovery?

Looks like im stuck because multiuplad is not working. Anyone have a link for the correct drivers?

Edited by arnookie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest komad

First, let me say thank you to all who helped.

Just few notions, for those in trouble.

I did as suggested in this guide and summary on this blog My link

Didn't went through. So I played a bit.

Step 6.

Never got the phone to respond, and CMD screen to close. Instead, I installed zte drivers, and did what suggested. When phone restarts, prompt is still waiting for it - ignore prompt. You'll get FTM screen. Go to next step. Start QPST.

Step 10. there was no phone in QPST, so I had to add port manually. Quite simple, just browse, you should see USB port, or something. Select, go back, start backup. It should work, so please continue as suggested.

-Win 7 64-bit

Orange phone from spain orange

Guest LucasRobert

SOLVED

First, I'd like to say what an amazing community this is, reading through has been incredibly insightful

I recently decided (after 2 laborious months of decision making) that I would get an Orange Monte Carlo, £114.99 from Orange In-store

I chose this down to the development that can take place on this phone.

But, like most, I'm sure, I've encountered a problem (Sorry!)

Trying to run the "install recovery windows" and the drivers are needed, I've installed all the ones I can find on my device, made sure USB debugging is on and had a look through the forums. I can't download the ones from "Multiupload", I don't know if anyone else has this problem. I'm using Vista 32-bit by the way.

Sorry if this question has been asked, I'm sure it has, Help would be much appreciated

Thanks

EDIT: I unlocked it! After doing a combination of uninstalling the drivers and then re-installing them and finding another driver on here that worked for me, I had no problems

Edited by LucasRobert

Guest snarkavenger

Has anyone succeeded in an unlock from a Windows 7 64-bit host? If so, what drivers did you install?

I have driver problems and can't access multiupload at all. I connected and got the stock driver set. I tried another set I found on a forum. I installed the Android SDK drivers. No luck with any, I still get an unknown "android phone" in Device Manager. My next step will be to ask a friend with a 32 bit Win7 install to try on my behalf. Someone suggested a Linux unlock option but I couldn't find instructions.

thanks, K

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robneymcplum

Quote:

• Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.

If I have a new rom, and cwm etc... do I lose stuff? DO i then need to flash a new rom? new recovery etc?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andy725

My attemtps to unlock so far have not worked. As i put a custom rom on before i unlocked, i put a stock rom back on to go through this process. I get as far as clicking on the download.exe file which brings up the utility to install cse_p729vv1.0.0b01 but the start button is is just an empty box and clicking on it does nothing. What am i doing wrong?

Guest Andy725

You must close qpst application before you launch dowload.exe because it occupies usb port...

Thanks for the fast reply, its worked now even from the custom rom which i put back on.

Guest danny0208

thank you wery wery wery much!!!

you saved my life becouse i travel a lot and needed the ulock!!!

it worked for mee too on first try!

you made a lot of people Happy biggrin.gif!!!!!!!!!

PS: i never had the problem with wifi!

Guest edsousa

On step 13, I don't know if it is the same for everyone, you will find "#macaddress=...." and in the next line you will find "macaddress=...". The # makes the difference as it makes that line not readable(it's commented), and why is this important you ask yourselves?

I explain: When I unlocked my phone through this method, after flashing the stock rom(I had CM7 before and a nand backup stored) I went and check my actual mac address and wrote it down. So I made this process of unlocking, successfuly, and simply made a restore of the old CM7 I had. After this restore I went to check the mac address and it was "11:22:33:44:55:66". So I went on the mentioned file "nv_4319.txt" and I saw those 2 lines(the # one and the simple one). On the # line there was a different mac address from the next line(11:22:33....) and different from what I wrote down before all this process. I simply copied the address that was on the # line to the mac address line, rebooted and all good.

After all, writing down my mac address before this was in vain

To OP: Nice tutorial, simple and all files in one piece!! Good job!

dam this thing, every time i get root i get no wifi , i did the 2 methods o know and i cant get wifi to work e edit the vn_4319,txt and i get DEADD00D_0.qcn with the correct mac the qnc file have the mac no nead to edit i cant see wot i am duing rong.

i use the Root_Packge_CWMv5,

any ideas?

Optimus Monte Carlo

version

vertion baseband

P7743tb01

karnel

2.6.35.7-perf zte-karnel@zdroid-smt

build

opt_p743tv1.0.0b05

Edited by edsousa