30 Nov: UI patches (LHS / RHS / Both / Search Button / When Hidden)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your awesome work.

Would it be possible to do a version with persistent menu button only? I don't want to see the search button - got used to not having one on my sgs2 and sgs before it.

Thanks.

Guest sanfran

Hi Paul,

Can u please provide a alternative download link- filesonic does not work for me, only get 1K files to dowload, on Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Thank you,

Robert

Guest JeffreyCentex

Any chance for a working version of these for the Verizon Nexus?

I tried it and all my "buttons" disappeared... I reflashed system from the Google build and deleted cache and everything is back to normal, but apps like FBreader aren't functional without a menu button...

Guest shaneaus68

I tried it and all my "buttons" disappeared... I reflashed system from the Google build and deleted cache and everything is back to normal, but apps like FBreader aren't functional without a menu button...

did you flash a deodexed ROM first? I have flashed several mods from L41 that have worked on a deodexed toro rom. Haven't tried this one, yet. I'll let you know in a few.

Guest destinydmm

Just to clarify what is the proper install method on the Verizon CDMA/LTE G.Nexus? Would the update to 4.0.2 need to be applied and then rooted w/ deodex'd ROM? And is L41 the radio, baseband or what? Also since they are CWR installable is the unsecure image still necessary?

Thanks in advance. I feel out of place haven't been active on here since my Moto Q!!! XD

Edited by destinydmm

Guest CaptainRon1

Ditto for my Verizon Nexus. I restored from my backup, but I sure would like to have your search/menu buttons.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw where we need to flash a deodexed ROM first. I'm downloading one now and look forward to reflashing this patch.

Edited by CaptainRon1

Guest Billlyj0

I didn't read until the end and flashed to my LTE Galaxy Nexus. Is there any way to recover the previous setup without going through recovery?

Thanks.

This is now included in my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus - details.

No tested LTE Nexus support yet, that will follow next week!

P

Hi Paul, this patch looks awesome. I am curious if when you do a LTE version if it will require flashing a custom rom first or if we will be able to just flash the zip as well?

Hi Paul, this patch looks awesome. I am curious if when you do a LTE version if it will require flashing a custom rom first or if we will be able to just flash the zip as well?

A LTE version is on the to-do list (for stock LTE and MCR when it comes to LTE!)

P

Guest File Edit

I did the mistake of installing this on my Verizon galaxy nexus with stock rom (installed zip file with clockwork), and now I'm stuck without any buttons at all and without a notification bar. To switch between one app and another, I simply reboot :-)

Can anyone help me get back my buttons and notification bar, without losing all my files and settings? Maybe a zip file of the original buttons or whatever?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Guest Ardeban

Hello, first post here. Thank you for all your work for the Nexus, Paul.

This might be a long shot but is it possible to have the search button and right side only instead of both sides? I have wavelauncher setup on the left side, I am using the RHS but I'd really like the search button at the bottom.

Thanks!

This would really turn me on :D

Guest Aspergillus

So if i got it right.. it's not worth trying this on a 4.03 Rom yet... right?

working on 4.02 and 4.01 ... ist that correct?

Regards

Aspi

Edited by Aspergillus

Guest bobthebob

can i rearrange the keys as i please? i dont want to bother, but i would like em to be as my Nexus One, Back-Menu-Home-Search

+1!!

yes! this is one of my biggest beefs with ICS - although personally I want the BACK button all the way on the right. I mean why put the BACK button all the way on the LEFT when it's the MOST used button and where it's farthest away from my thumb (as a right-handed user)?!?!

I guess ICS was designed by a lefty. wink.gif

seriously tho - it makes me wonder whether they even HAVE anyone doing UX over there at Google - I mean what the hell? getting rid of the MENU button? and there aren't - apparently - even any hard standards for third-party apps menu button location - sometimes it's lower right, sometimes upper right, even one or two on the upper left... SERIOUSLY?

anyway - thanks so much for making it possible to rework some of these absurd design decisions.

now - as asked - is it possible to make the order customizable for ALL the buttons? cool.gif

you would have my undying gratitude and I would praise you across the Twittersphere!

cheers,

b