ZTE Skate TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Guest Amphoras

any chance of 160mb system 35mb cache biggrin.gif

http://bit.ly/twmNpY

MD5sum: 09f0a15a03236b242a384104303321c2

Sorted it - I flashed a stock ZTE ROM into the phone and then used the "Update from SD Card" menu option in "About Phone" - this rebooted it and did the TPT partition. Just put CM7 back on and re-doing my apps via Titanium :) Fun fun fun...

Glad that worked, was going to be my next suggestion :).

Guest RadioCharlie
Glad that worked, was going to be my next suggestion :).

It's amazing what a bottle of Grolsch can do for your lateral-thinking :) Got 71MB free now and that's with everything restored to the phone's memory so I'm rather pleased with that. Going to move a few of the non-essential ones to the SD card but I've got plenty of wiggle-room for now :)

Guest Wacky.ddw

It should probably be ok to use on all 3. If you use that TPT, then you will boot into the stock Orange rom after its finished. If you just want to recover your phone, you can also use one of the other TPTs which will flash Clockwork so you can flash whatever rom you want. The Orange TPT has stock everything, so if you don't want to stay on that rom you'll have to flash Clockwork again.

For the Clockwork part I would add that you can also just wipe all data (factory reset, cache and dalvik cache) and flash a new rom if you don't have a backup/don't want to flash one.

For the fastboot part, it may be worth nothing that there is a size limit on the images you can flash through fastboot. I can't remember what it is, but if your backup is bigger than that then you can always just flash Clockwork to recovery, then follow the previous section.

For the TPT section, as I said above, you only need to use the TPT for your country if you want to use that rom/return to stock. If you're going to flash a custom rom, then you can use any working TPT that has the layout you want.

Thanks for the help, i edited it yesterday. i changed the clockworkmod part like you said. I added a part on flashing CWM in the fastboot section, and for the TPT i dont understand what you mean by: you only need to use the TPT for your country... Im from belgium, there is no TPT for my country as far as i know there is only one stock TPT or am i wrong? Anyway i edited that part as wel.

And the fastboot file limit is 200mb, but what is the best methode to go to stock then? flashing a clockworkmod backup and then your stock recovery afterwards trough fastboot?

Because the backup in the medion topic has al the stock partitions, but you cant flash it trough clockworkmod since it has no MD5 file and it also has a splash partition.

Guest Amphoras

Thanks for the help, i edited it yesterday. i changed the clockworkmod part like you said. I added a part on flashing CWM in the fastboot section, and for the TPT i dont understand what you mean by: you only need to use the TPT for your country... Im from belgium, there is no TPT for my country as far as i know there is only one stock TPT or am i wrong? Anyway i edited that part as wel.

And the fastboot file limit is 200mb, but what is the best methode to go to stock then? flashing a clockworkmod backup and then your stock recovery afterwards trough fastboot?

Because the backup in the medion topic has al the stock partitions, but you cant flash it trough clockworkmod since it has no MD5 file and it also has a splash partition.

There are other stock roms in this thread, don't know what countries they are for though. If those are the ones with all the separate files then you can probably flash the same way as is done for unlocking the phone. It should also be possible to build them into an image.bin TPT if they aren't already, and flash it that way. If there isn't a TPT for your country, but you have some of the files, then you can probably flash them with Clockwork or fastboot for the system.img etc, the ones that can't be flashed from there you can always do via fastboot. I think there is a way to flash a splash.img through Clockwork in one of the Blade theme threads, but I can't remember it. You can also just do it through fastboot, it should always be small enough.

Guest spuddled

Im having a little trouble trying to flash the TPT. Im running CM7 but when I try to flash the TPT in recovery mode it just keeps telling me "No files found". I have put the image folder on the root of the SD and I have used two different SD cards but it still cant find files. :(

What usually happens when the TPT dosn't like the SD card?

Please help, I really need more internal space desperately.

cheers

Im having a little trouble trying to flash the TPT. Im running CM7 but when I try to flash the TPT in recovery mode it just keeps telling me "No files found". I have put the image folder on the root of the SD and I have used two different SD cards but it still cant find files.

cheers

/sdcard/image/image.bin

Guest Wacky.ddw

Im having a little trouble trying to flash the TPT. Im running CM7 but when I try to flash the TPT in recovery mode it just keeps telling me "No files found". I have put the image folder on the root of the SD and I have used two different SD cards but it still cant find files. :(

cheers

The solution is on this page ;) post 50

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Amphoras

cheers

If it doesn't like the sdcard, it just won't do anything and will just boot as normal. Your problem is that you are trying to flash it in recovery. Go back to the first post and read the instructions again.

Guest Amphoras

Noob Alert!!

Could someone post a step by step on how to check the MD5sum please?

To do it on your computer assuming Windows, (eg. for checking the md5sum of the zip after you downloaded it) download this and unzip it somewhere. Open the command prompt (press the windows key and type cmd in the search box then run the cmd program) then change the directory to where you put the files in the md5sum zip (eg. mine is in c:\fastboot so I type "cd c:\fastboot" into the command prompt window). Copy the file you want to check into the same folder as the md5sum files. Then type into the command prompt "md5sum <filename>". So to check the md5sum of a file called Smash41.zip, you would type "md5sum Smash41.zip". Once you do that it should print the md5sum into the command prompt window and you can check if it matches.

To do it on your phone (eg. for checking the md5sum of the image.bin after you unzipped it), there are a few apps in the market, such as AFV that can check the md5sum for you.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Noob Alert!!

Could someone post a step by step on how to check the MD5sum please?

Its in my tutorial under part 9c. (if your a windows user) thats as noob proof as i could make it :P

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

if i did "volume up + power" it didnt do anything. "Volume up + power + home" didnt work eighter.

So i went back to the medion stockrom and went to "about phone > update from SD card"

if i did "volume up + power" it didnt do anything. "Volume up + power + home" didnt work eighter.

So i went back to the medion stockrom and went to "about phone > update from SD card"

vol up

menu

power

:)

Guest domenico lamberti

I am still super confused on how to do this i have the MD5 checker, and i have the TPT i want to use (option 4) i went to my SD card and there was a folder called image already which seemed to hand an image.bin and a nandroid.md5 along with tons of other files, do i delete that so i cant unzip the one i want to my SD card ? then what do i do, i am so confused

Guest vdubster

I am still super confused on how to do this i have the MD5 checker, and i have the TPT i want to use (option 4) i went to my SD card and there was a folder called image already which seemed to hand an image.bin and a nandroid.md5 along with tons of other files, do i delete that so i cant unzip the one i want to my SD card ? then what do i do, i am so confused

I find it much easier to download the zip file to a PC - check the md5 - attach the phone to PC and transfer the image folder - turn off the phone/remove battery - put battery back in - then hold menu + Volume UP and power - it will then load the TPT and send you to the recovery where as you now have a wiped phone load you chosen ROM.

Is that any help?

James

Guest Amphoras

If you already have a folder called image on your sdcard, then you need to delete it first. Once you've done that, unzip the TPT from the first post. You should then have the image folder on your sdcard, with only the image.bin and nandroid.md5 inside it. Check the md5sum of the image.bin is the same as the one written in the nandroid.md5 file (open it like a text file). If it is then you can start the TPT as directed in the instructions.

Guest ihateorange

These TPTs will repartition the internal memory of your ZTE Skate/Monte Carlo. They will also flash Clockwork recovery. Your data will be wiped, so backup anything you want to keep before you start. Your sdcard should be unaffected, but backup just in case. Be aware that depending on the layout you change to, your backup and some roms may not fit. 2MB cache versions will only work properly with a rom that redirects cache (eg. CM7).

In all TPTs the boot and recovery partition sizes have been changed to 5MB (from 4MB and 6MB respectively). This should fix the errors present in some of the earlier TPTs. The TPTs contain partition.mbn, appsboothd.mbn, appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn as well as Clockwork recovery as boot.img and recovery.img and a blank system.img.

Whenever you flash a TPT, there's also a chance of bricking your phone, make sure you're charged up (remove the charger before you start) and use them at your own risk. Make sure you check the md5sums before you use these. There's one for before and after you unzip it (check the nandroid.md5 file in the zip).

Option 1: 150MB system, 35MB cache, 255MB data mirror mirror

MD5sum: 9ded013763541d3ccacea94d99d6f645

Option 2: 200MB system, 35MB cache, 205MB data mirror mirror

MD5sum: 790f6b04654a2abfde9ed2ae75b91fec

Option 3: 150MB system, 2MB cache, 288MB data mirror mirror

MD5sum: a9a4fe7c802b035b8dd0298ea39fbd5a

Option 4: 200MB system, 2MB cache, 238MB data mirror mirror

MD5sum: 48bd788c6c3753d1f599b71f0560241e

Returning to stock:

You can return to the stock layout by flashing the stock TPT for your country. Here is the Orange UK TPT.

Instructions:

After downloading, check the md5sum.

Unzip the file to the root of your sdcard. You should end up with a folder called "image" on the root of your sdcard with a image.bin file and a nandroid.md5 file inside it.

Check the md5sum of the image.bin file matches the one written in the nandroid.md5 file.

Turn your phone off and take the battery out.

Put the battery back in and power on holding the vol+ and menu buttons.

You should see green text appear on the screen, then once its finished you should boot into Clockwork recovery.

Flash your chosen rom and reboot.

If the TPT won't start, try using a different sdcard. Some just don't like TPTs.

Warnings:

Delete the image folder once you're done to prevent accidental flashing.

Check the md5sums. If they don't match, delete it and try downloading again.

No guarantees. I don't have a Skate to try it on, and even if I did, it might not work on your's.

Hi Amphoras,

Thanks for this I've been advised to install option 2 before I install the Atomic custom ROM. I can't figure out whether I need to have clockworkmod installed first or not. I've looked through all the post in this thread but am still unsure. I bought my Orange monte carlo from argos and unlocked it using tilal6991's unlocking guide. Do i need to install clockworkmod or do I just follow your instructions and the TPT will work?

Thanks

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi Amphoras,

Thanks for this I've been advised to install option 2 before I install the Atomic custom ROM. I can't figure out whether I need to have clockworkmod installed first or not. I've looked through all the post in this thread but am still unsure. I bought my Orange monte carlo from argos and unlocked it using tilal6991's unlocking guide. Do i need to install clockworkmod or do I just follow your instructions and the TPT will work?

Thanks

When you flash a ROM everything will be removed and it will reboot directly into clockworkmod so yes it installs clockworkmod but it installs clockworkmod 4.0.1.4 So you wil have to flash clockworkmod 4.0.1.5 afterwards the link is on the last page of my tutorial.

Also the guide for checking MD5 sums is allso in the tutorial.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest ihateorange

When you flash a ROM everything will be removed and it will reboot directly into clockworkmod so yes it installs clockworkmod but it installs clockworkmod 4.0.1.4 So you wil have to flash clockworkmod 4.0.1.5 afterwards the link is on the last page of my tutorial.

Also the guide for checking MD5 sums is allso in the tutorial.

Thanks again Wacky.ddw. If everything is removed that does mean my current orange monte carlo ROM will be removed? If so does that mean I won't have an operation system on the phone until I flash something like atomic on it?

Thanks again for helping me out :)

Guest Wacky.ddw

Thanks again Wacky.ddw. If everything is removed that does mean my current orange monte carlo ROM will be removed? If so does that mean I won't have an operation system on the phone until I flash something like atomic on it?

Thanks again for helping me out :)

Exactly :) So once you did the TPT you wil need to flash a ROM and then just flash the recovery from the link below and you wil l your clockworkmod wil be back up to date again.

LINK: http://minus.com/mbaeBP2yjl#1

No problem glad i could help

Guest ihateorange

Exactly :) So once you did the TPT you wil need to flash a ROM and then just flash the recovery from the link below and you wil l your clockworkmod wil be back up to date again.

LINK: http://minus.com/mbaeBP2yjl#1

No problem glad i could help

So will i need to put the TPT image.bin (in the image folder) and the .zip file (in the root) on the SD card before I try to install a TPT, so i can install Atomic striaght after without removing the SD card

or

is it better to install the TPT then take my SD card card out of the phone then delete the image folder with the image.bin in it and replace with the .zip of the ROM?

Thanks

Guest Wacky.ddw

So will i need to put the TPT image.bin (in the image folder) and the .zip file (in the root) on the SD card before I try to install a TPT, so i can install Atomic striaght after without removing the SD card

or

is it better to install the TPT then take my SD card card out of the phone then delete the image folder with the image.bin in it and replace with the .zip of the ROM?

Thanks

No, you check the .Zip's MD5 before you extract the folder to the SD. Then once its on the SD card you check it again. Then you can flash it with the button combo or when booted in android going to "about phone > update system> storage card updates"

Then it wil flash the TPT and it wil reboot into clockworkmod in clockworkmod go to "mounts and storage > mount usb storage" copy the ROM to your SD and flash it.(no wipes needed since everything is allready wiped)

Edited by Wacky.ddw