ZTE Skate TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Guest Indiant

Find Amphoras's explanation here

Thanks, I didn't noticed that post. Now clear for me too.

Anyway, our forum partner (ZTE tester) created a brick when he applied the original ZTE TPT. He said the process was done 100% success and after that the phone never woke up again. It was a carrier free version directly from ZTE, max. a month old.

Edited by Indiant

Guest Amphoras

Thanks, I didn't noticed that post. Now clear for me too.

Anyway, our forum partner (ZTE tester) created a brick when he applied the original ZTE TPT. He said the process was done 100% success and after that the phone never woke up again. It was a carrier free version directly from ZTE, max. a month old.

Is there nothing coming from it at all? Does he get any response when taking the battery out and plugging it into a computer holding both volume buttons?

Guest Indiant

Is there nothing coming from it at all? Does he get any response when taking the battery out and plugging it into a computer holding both volume buttons?

Nothing, ZTE will send the phone to China to replace it is unrepairable.

Edited by Indiant

Guest Coffer52

I said "live a life", I was not implying you do not have one. Life is a gift, never to be wasted or squandered on fruitless pursuits of self-entertainment. This is my opinion, and mobile phones are not an essential component in living a fulfilled life. That was my only point, I see SO SO many people on here, and they seem to spend 24 hours a day here... that saddens me.

655 posts a bit of pot calling the kettle here mate! LOL!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest stiefanu

Sorry my ignorance, but how to check md5 sum? in the nandroid.md5 there's a different md5sum from the one written in the first post. However i check the md5sum with a tool and it gave me no error!

Can i flash it?

Guest Atomix86
I don't get why people spend more time fiddling around and modding their mobile phones, than actually using them.

Seriously, just use one ROM, stick with it and live a life.

Ever considered people might enjoy tinkering with technology as a hobby? Topics like these are great as they only serve to help people get the most out of their device.

Anyway to everyone else, which tpt would work best for atomic 2.0? I'm running a little low on internal storage even after using the native a2sd and don't want to use any a2ext methods. In fact is there any way to make a custom tpt if I cut a few things from the rom? Cheers.

Guest Amphoras

Sorry my ignorance, but how to check md5 sum? in the nandroid.md5 there's a different md5sum from the one written in the first post. However i check the md5sum with a tool and it gave me no error!

Can i flash it?

There are quite a few apps in the market that can check the md5sum's for you. The md5sum in the first post is for the zip file (to make sure it downloaded properly), the md5sum in the nandroid.md5 file is for the image.bin inside the zip (to make sure it unzipped properly).

Ever considered people might enjoy tinkering with technology as a hobby? Topics like these are great as they only serve to help people get the most out of their device.

Anyway to everyone else, which tpt would work best for atomic 2.0? I'm running a little low on internal storage even after using the native a2sd and don't want to use any a2ext methods. In fact is there any way to make a custom tpt if I cut a few things from the rom? Cheers.

Check how much space the rom uses in the system partition just now (type df -h in the terminal emulator app) and then you can choose whichever one gives you enough space. If the rom redirects cache somewhere, then you can use the 2MB cache one. If not, then use the 35MB cache one.

Guest Amphoras

160mb system would be nice

Working on adding support for the Skate to the TPT Helper app. Once its done you will be able to choose what partition sizes you want (90-220MB for system, 2-60MB for cache, rest for data, in 1MB steps). If you want to try testing it, send me a PM.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest Wacky.ddw

Can these TPT's be used on all 3 models? (ZTE skate, orange montecarlo and MEDION P4310)

Can this package: "Great Britain Monte Carlo T card upgrading instruction & software package"

be used for de-bricking on all 3 models, because im wrighting a part on de-bricking for my beginners tutorial. Im adding it as alast resort solution, if you cant get into clockworkmod and fastboot anymore.

So if i understand it right when you cant boot into android anymore, you could use THIS TPT and you wil be able to boot again.Then afterwards you can flash back to your stock ROM?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Ive writen a part on debricking, can anyone please read this to make sure what im saying is right before i add it to the tutorial.

LINK

There is no MD5 file for the TPT from the official ZTE site. I will add a part on checking MD5 sums etc and repartitioning later...

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Amphoras

Can these TPT's be used on all 3 models? (ZTE skate, orange montecarlo and MEDION P4310)

Can this package: "Great Britain Monte Carlo T card upgrading instruction & software package"

be used for de-bricking on all 3 models, because im wrighting a part on de-bricking for my beginners tutorial. Im adding it as alast resort solution, if you cant get into clockworkmod and fastboot anymore.

So if i understand it right when you cant boot into android anymore, you could use THIS TPT and you wil be able to boot again.Then afterwards you can flash back to your stock ROM?

It should probably be ok to use on all 3. If you use that TPT, then you will boot into the stock Orange rom after its finished. If you just want to recover your phone, you can also use one of the other TPTs which will flash Clockwork so you can flash whatever rom you want. The Orange TPT has stock everything, so if you don't want to stay on that rom you'll have to flash Clockwork again.

Ive writen a part on debricking, can anyone please read this to make sure what im saying is right before i add it to the tutorial.

LINK

There is no MD5 file for the TPT from the official ZTE site. I will add a part on checking MD5 sums etc and repartitioning later...

For the Clockwork part I would add that you can also just wipe all data (factory reset, cache and dalvik cache) and flash a new rom if you don't have a backup/don't want to flash one.

For the fastboot part, it may be worth nothing that there is a size limit on the images you can flash through fastboot. I can't remember what it is, but if your backup is bigger than that then you can always just flash Clockwork to recovery, then follow the previous section.

For the TPT section, as I said above, you only need to use the TPT for your country if you want to use that rom/return to stock. If you're going to flash a custom rom, then you can use any working TPT that has the layout you want.

Guest RadioCharlie

Daft post, I'm afraid - I just can't get the TPT file to work upon boot-up with any key-combination. I've tried Vol+ and Menu, Vol+ and Pwr etc but it boots straight into CM7. I've got the image folder on the SD card with the 2 files in. I've read conflicting posts about how to actually get this TPT to boot and re-partition, hence the various key-combinations.

Guest Amphoras

Daft post, I'm afraid - I just can't get the TPT file to work upon boot-up with any key-combination. I've tried Vol+ and Menu, Vol+ and Pwr etc but it boots straight into CM7. I've got the image folder on the SD card with the 2 files in. I've read conflicting posts about how to actually get this TPT to boot and re-partition, hence the various key-combinations.

Make sure the image folder is on the root of the sdcard (guessing it probably is from what you've said). If it is, then try with another sdcard if you can. For some reason some sdcards just don't work with TPTs.

Guest RadioCharlie

I did also try 2 different microSD cards, the 2GB Sandisk that came with my 9300 Curve and the current 8GB Kingston card. What is the EXACT key-combination required? I've seen several different posts with different methods!

Guest Amphoras

I did also try 2 different microSD cards, the 2GB Sandisk that came with my 9300 Curve and the current 8GB Kingston card. What is the EXACT key-combination required? I've seen several different posts with different methods!

I think I just used vol+ and power, but some people have said they needed vol+, menu and power. It may depend on your device, it varied on the ZTE Blade as well.

I think I just used vol+ and power, but some people have said they needed vol+, menu and power. It may depend on your device, it varied on the ZTE Blade as well.

any chance of 160mb system 35mb cache biggrin.gif

any chance of 160mb system 35mb cache biggrin.gif

160mb would be perfect for atomic :D

The one thing I miss about cm7 the most,is to have 300mb internal so no need for apps2sd.But this depends upon the roms ability to redirect cache to sd.

@tillaz,would you be able to have cache redirect on next atomic release ?

Edited by Guest

Guest RadioCharlie

Thanks, I tried all possible combinations including a 3rd microSD card, it just keeps booting direct into CM7. I'm still a bit new to 'droid but what I've done so far is take the stock OMC phone, put Clockwork on it, flash it with CM7 and now I'm trying to re-do the partition to get some more data storage (I know about Link2SD, that's for later). I see some people are flashing files from the ZTE site - Do I need to revert to "stock" or have I got the duff SD card issue that has been forewarned?!

I've got about 45MB free at present, I'd like a bit more so if I can re-jig the partition I'll be rather happy.

Guest RadioCharlie

Sorted it - I flashed a stock ZTE ROM into the phone and then used the "Update from SD Card" menu option in "About Phone" - this rebooted it and did the TPT partition. Just put CM7 back on and re-doing my apps via Titanium :) Fun fun fun...