[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest hedgepigdaniel

i've also got to figure out a better way to make a flashable zip.

What's the matter with

make otapackage
? Speaking of which, is it possible for the changes to boot.img posted by KonstaT that got SD card working to be put into the source code? because the last time I checked the above command generated a perfectly good flashable zip except that boot.img is compiled without the SD fix. (and that it includes a recovery.img which we don't want).
tonight its not building for me though, seems the new arm6-vfp code isn't complete (i assume we're building master not 4.0.1_r1?):
system/core/debuggerd/vfp.S:21: Error: selected processor does not support `fconstd d15,#15'

make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/EXECUTABLES/vfp-crasher_intermediates/vfp.o] Error 1

i tried the workarounds of deleting things and noticed most of the fixes are already in ics4blade git anyway. still can't get it to build - arm7-emulator builds fine, just not arm6-blade :(

I think we have all been building from master - I tried 4.0.1_r1 and it wouldn't compile with our changes. Maybe that's why the two patches (http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,10290, http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,10301) haven't been merged yet. This commit adds a bunch of files (about 5000 files) to the repository which have not been modified from AOSP - I think we should revert it and make a new commit with only modified files from the two CM patches.

tonight its not building for me though, seems the new arm6-vfp code isn't complete (i assume we're building master not 4.0.1_r1?):

system/core/debuggerd/vfp.S:21: Error: selected processor does not support `fconstd d15,#15'

make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/EXECUTABLES/vfp-crasher_intermediates/vfp.o] Error 1

i tried the workarounds of deleting things and noticed most of the fixes are already in ics4blade git anyway. still can't get it to build - arm7-emulator builds fine, just not arm6-blade :(

Try applying this commit, it should fix the above error.

Guest sej7278

I think we have all been building from master - I tried 4.0.1_r1 and it wouldn't compile with our changes. Maybe that's why the two patches (http://review.cyanog...m/#change,10290, http://review.cyanog...m/#change,10301) haven't been merged yet. This commit adds a bunch of files (about 5000 files) to the repository which have not been modified from AOSP - I think we should revert it and make a new commit with only modified files from the two CM patches.

looking at the cm9 changes to aosp its not 100% essential to use the cm9 versions, they're mainly temporary cleaning up exercise, and yes we don't really need them in ics4blade as they're already in aosp.

Try applying this commit, it should fix the above error.

thanks, that look like its fixed it, so as we've pulled in the arm6-vfp stuff from aosp we need to have that pulled in from cm9 to the ics4blade github.

edit: well it built, took 1h6m so a little longer than when i compiled 4.01r1 for emulator. 92.6mb otapackage

Edited by sej7278

Guest KonstaT

Speaking of which, is it possible for the changes to boot.img posted by KonstaT that got SD card working to be put into the source code? because the last time I checked the above command generated a perfectly good flashable zip except that boot.img is compiled without the SD fix.

It should be there after this. Sdcard doesn't work for you?

It would also be possible to have those three sdcard lines in init.blade.rc instead of init.rc. Not that it makes any difference other than it would keep device specific stuff in device tree and ICS side of the code clean. Just some cleaning up... and I also agree that it would be best to keep only those files in ics4blade github that we need to change to build ICS for our blades.

Guest fonix232

edit: well it built, took 1h6m so a little longer than when i compiled 4.01r1 for emulator. 92.6mb otapackage

Could you please do another build, with the changes - posted by Ippe H - merged? And ofc, upload it? :D (Sorry, my PC returned an error after 6 hours of compiling when I tried to make the maguro one, and it didn't even got to half of the build...)

Cyanogenmod ICS

Change I27eb3482: RIL: fix pin unlock for old ril

Change I8227c559: RIL: handle the lack of version gracefully on older RILs

Change Ida4d555d: RIL: Support signal strength format from v3 vendor RILs

Guest skywave

Could you please do another build, with the changes - posted by Ippe H - merged? And ofc, upload it? :D (Sorry, my PC returned an error after 6 hours of compiling when I tried to make the maguro one, and it didn't even got to half of the build...)

I was working on that last night but i dont know if it made much difference. My phone was booting anyway. But could someone with a bootloop test these two versions. Both have the patched ril.java, armv6 and the opengl patch posted before here. I also copied in kalt-kafee's audio libraries

This got the libril source from the ics4blade repositiory

http://www.mediafire...eap2tgv8emtq02p

This got the libril source from the CM7 device tree

http://www.mediafire...r04yqoap4o415ox

Edited by skywave

I was working on that last night but i dont know if it made much difference. My phone was booting anyway. But could someone with a bootloop test these two versions. Both have the patched ril.java, armv6 and the opengl patch posted before here. I also copied in kalt-kafee's audio libraries

I got a constant reboot issue when the phone was asleep on the "update7". Is this what you mean by "Bootloop" problem?

Guest skywave

I got a constant reboot issue when the phone was asleep on the "update7". Is this what you mean by "Bootloop" problem?

Some phone won't start but crash on booting and boot again and again etc.

Guest fonix232

Update9 - RIL did not work, phone asked me constantly for my PIN - with an approx half min repetition.

Update10 - asked me for my PIN, then asked for reboot. After reboot, same as Update9 - constant PIN requests.

QCRIL logcat here: http://pastebin.com/0HqDEpsf

Guest ThermalDroid

I got update7 to boot on my phone finally, anyone else got the error in CWM about a random offset? Sometimes phone takes ~2 mins to wake up after being put to sleep and can sometimes just crawl to a halt for 5 mins. Amazing work guys and very well done!

Guest tilal6991

I got update7 to boot on my phone finally, anyone else got the error in CWM about a random offset? Sometimes phone takes ~2 mins to wake up after being put to sleep and can sometimes just crawl to a halt for 5 mins. Amazing work guys and very well done!

It's not an error (random offset) it's actually a feature.

Guest sej7278

What's the matter with

make otapackage

?

Speaking of which, is it possible for the changes to boot.img posted by KonstaT that got SD card working to be put into the source code? because the last time I checked the above command generated a perfectly good flashable zip except that boot.img is compiled without the SD fix. (and that it includes a recovery.img which we don't want).

"make otapackage" doesn't include the recovery.img for me, surely thats "make recoveryzip" ?

do we have a way to get this to fit into a 160mb /system yet (such as not installing gapps?) as i'd like to flash an ics build but as its my only phone, i need to be able to restore a cm7 nandroid, which i can't do if i've got to tpt to 210mb for ics.

btw, it seems 210mb v8 tpt is gone now, its v10 with 215mb.

Edited by sej7278

Guest the_crevis

"make otapackage" doesn't include the recovery.img for me, surely thats "make recoveryzip" ?

do we have a way to get this to fit into a 160mb /system yet (such as not installing gapps?) as i'd like to flash an ics build but as its my only phone, i need to be able to restore a cm7 nandroid, which i can't do if i've got to tpt to 210mb for ics.

I've tried many of the ics updates/builds on a 160mb/system partition without gapps, works fine for me!

Edited by the_crevis

Guest fonix232

I've tried many of the ics updates/builds on a 160mb/system partition without gapps, works fine for me!

I've edited the package, removed OpenWnn (chinese-japanese-taiwanese etc keyboard), plus it's libs (libWnn*.so), and added Gapps, and still under 150MB... atleast on update9 and 10!

Guest jonas.lindberg

I've edited the package, removed OpenWnn (chinese-japanese-taiwanese etc keyboard), plus it's libs (libWnn*.so), and added Gapps, and still under 150MB... atleast on update9 and 10!

Would you mind uploading your zip so that others could use it aswell?

Guest ThermalDroid

I have 160mb partition and its working unsure.gif

Guest sej7278

I have 160mb partition and its working unsure.gif

i might give it a go as system.img is only 145mb, although that is about 10mb bigger than cm7.....

.ccache saved me 5mins off the build time lol

edit: flashed my build, seems to be 22mb free in 160mb /system after deleting openWnn stuff and before installing gapps.

gapps installed ok (forgot to see how much was free after that).

adb and sdcard work, screen draws the right way around. i don't think audio works as i didn't hear anything when using the volume control.

my touchscreen (gen1 oled blade) doesn't work at all however. volume, power and home/menu/back hardware keys are fine.

Edited by sej7278

Guest fonix232

i might give it a go as system.img is only 145mb, although that is about 10mb bigger than cm7.....

.ccache saved me 5mins off the build time lol

edit: flashed my build, seems to be 22mb free in 160mb /system after deleting openWnn stuff and before installing gapps.

gapps installed ok (forgot to see how much was free after that).

adb and sdcard work, screen draws the right way around. i don't think audio works as i didn't hear anything when using the volume control.

my touchscreen (gen1 oled blade) doesn't work at all however. volume, power and home/menu/back hardware keys are fine.

Touchscreen and sound works on Build #10, no RIL ofc yet, and no HW accel sadly. But coming together slowly :D

Guest sej7278

Touchscreen and sound works on Build #10, no RIL ofc yet, and no HW accel sadly. But coming together slowly :D

i've searched the thread and don't understand why some people are saying things work and some are saying they're not.

are the fixes not making it into github?

Guest fonix232

i've searched the thread and don't understand why some people are saying things work and some are saying they're not.

are the fixes not making it into github?

The answer is in the hardware differences - the Blade has more generations, and not the NAND partitioning one (it is possible that I missed a generation, please fix me up if I did):

- First wave Blades are the AMOLED ones [512MB, AMOLED, GEN1]

- Second wave Blades are the 256MB locked ones, with the LEAD display [256MB, TFT, GEN1]

- Third wave ones are the unlocked TFT SanFrans [512MB, TFT, GEN1]

- Fourth wave came in around a year ago (27th Dec), providing the NOLEAD display, plus an update fixed the LEAD displays' problem

- Fifth wave was the Gen2 layout (I'm not taking the Chinese models here, as they came with different Radio module plus not just locked RAM, but only 256MB)

- Sixth wave was the new touchscreen generation, with the ft5x0x touchscreen what can provide more than 2 obscure touch points (5 max, distinct jazzhand touchpoints)

- Seventh wave is the latest sold SanFrans/Blades, with all the changes plus Gen3 layout

So everyone who tests their phone, should check which device it is.

Mine is a fourth wave Blade, May release. 512MB unlocked RAM, Gen2 layout by default, NOLEAD display. No RIL working on this (getting the PIN loop). Sound works, touchscreen works. No bootloops on #9 and #10.