[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest skywave

We need to backport a lot of kernel stuff to get full hw acceleration, even with the new qcom drivers. Got it pretty much "working" regarding memory mngmt but every has a yellow tint as in blue is absent in most screens and the wallpaper is a beatiful colorly noise. Kernel remains a big problem, porting a newer one is very hard as the serial port on the blade is on a non default port and i still havent been able to get a real low level debug necessary to get a plain codeaurora kernel port.

Things are made even more complicated because there is no MSM7x27 support in the Linux kernel. This is done by codeaurora. Unfortunately codeaurora readds all their modifications from the previous version in one commit instead of merging their commits with kernel.org commits. Otherwise you could simply jump versions by git merge. This also makes backporting stuff unnecessarily hard as it gives many merge conflicts

Edited by skywave

Guest skywave

Its not impossible and probably very easy to backport the right KGSL stuff.

But if you can't get any debugging working its like finding a needle in a haystack while blind.

Guest Hoonboof

But if you can't get any debugging working its like finding a needle in a haystack while blind.

Backporting is easier said than done! stracing stuff is orders of magnitude easier than going at it blind(ish) 8(

Guest skywave

Backporting is easier said than done! stracing stuff is orders of magnitude easier than going at it blind(ish) 8(

Yes, even small things can lead to a motherload of dependencies you need to backport.

2.6.35 is already almost 2 years old, which especially the way Codeaurora manages versions is measurable in lightyears. I hope that with 3.3+ where the Android drivers are in the kernel.org, more codeaurora patches will be send upstream.

Guest k.d.11

Thanks for explaining! I hope you guys get aosp ics uptodate with respect to the other ics rooms soon!

• 1 month later...
Guest d_borghi

Reserved

1st December 2011.

What's working:

1. Touchscreen (single - Props to Tilal6991 for his solution)
  2. WiFi
  3. BlueTooth (Props to Ippe H)
  4. Radio (3G data unconfirmed, Props to Ippe H, Hecatae)
  5. AutoRotation/Sensors (Props to Ippe H)
  6. Audio (WIP - Props to Kallte Kaffe) PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR DOLBY! tongue.gif
  7. Home key working (Props to FelixL)
  8. GPS (Props to SkyWave)
  9. SDCard (Props to KonstaT)

What's not working:

1. Hardware Acceleration (Not yet until confirmed)
  2. Armv6-VFP Dalvikvm (Not yet until confirmed)
  3. Camera
  4. Anything else...

There may be other issues that are yet to be discovered... tongue.gif

I intend to keep this post updated.

Feel free to notify via this thread.

Attention for the impatient - PLEASE DO NOT POST "When will it be ready" or "Does so-and-so work?" or rubbish like that as they will be ignored! smile.gif

Edit:

26th December 2011.

What's working:

1. Armv6-VFP Dalvikvm - it works but something deep within the bowels of it is broken which produces poor Antutu benchmark ratings on CPU Integer/Floating Point performance.
  2. In-call

bluetooth for my zte blde CHINAUNICOM doesn't work, camera too.

:(

bye

db