[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

I commented lines out from my /device/zte/blade/overlay/and/so/on. It's also from GB because it's copied from CM7.

ok. if you get the chance could you change these lines

<item>"wifi,1,1,1"</item>

<item>"mobile,0,0,0"</item>

<item>"mobile_mms,2,0,2"</item>

<item>"mobile_supl,3,0,2"</item>

<item>"mobile_dun,4,0,4"</item>

<item>"mobile_hipri,5,0,3"</item>

to these

<item>"wifi,1,1,1,-1,true"</item>

<item>"mobile,0,0,0,-1,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_mms,2,0,2,60000,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_supl,3,0,2,60000,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_hipri,5,0,3,60000,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_fota,10,0,2,60000,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_ims,11,0,2,60000,true"</item>

<item>"mobile_cbs,12,0,2,60000,true"</item>

<item>"wifi_p2p,13,1,0,-1,true"</item>

rather than commenting and see if phone still crashes.

Guest t0mm13b

Okie,

Here's the github repo which contains identical AOSP directories where ONLY modified files are located.

Pull that down, overwrite the original AOSP sources in the appropriate directories as per in the repo. With your handset running CM7, go to device/zte/blade, run extract-files.sh which will build the vendor directory at the root of the AOSP source tree :)

Invoke

. build/envsetup.sh

lunch

Choose 7 for zte_blade-eng and finally

make

And away you go, wait for the final images to be dumped into out/target/product/blade :)

Edit: bear in mind, the device/zte/blade is GB orientated so work would need to be done there :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Erm...... Bit of a n00b with source, but can I just add the cm7 boot.img or do I need a new ramdisk?

1. Split the boot image that I posted previously that contains the touchscreen fix.
  2. Rename it to kernel
  3. Dump that into as device/zte/blade/kernel

The build will generate the ramdisk for you using the GB legacy stuff in device/zte/blade.

But...

1. It would be preferable to fix up the config.xml in overlay/frameworks/core/res/res/values/config.xml to fix up the array strings for the networkAttributes prior to doing it in order to prevent the phone force closing every so often!
  2. Modify the egl.cfg in there to use the software renderer instead of hardware otherwise you will get black screen.

Then you will have a usable albeit, limited ICS, nothing works yet. But you can then admire the beauty of ICS running on the Blade. :)

has anyone recompiled this yet to see if we can use the native framework-res.apk instead of the hero one?

since the phone force closing issue had nothing to do with framework-res I should think it'll work (not actually tried it). But it might need editing to remove software buttons if they are indeed in the framework-res apk

Guest furrabbit.nh

since the phone force closing issue had nothing to do with framework-res I should think it'll work (not actually tried it). But it might need editing to remove software buttons if they are indeed in the framework-res apk

so when i used the hero framework-res why did it stop force closing? :S

Edited by furrabbit.nh

Guest t0mm13b

am komparing with the hero's /etc directory to see if there's any differences with the GB version... a long shot but...I intend to recompile this again over the weekend... :) :rolleyes:

Here goes another 31 hours friggin compile... LOL! :D :lol:

can anyone explain what this is - I found it in the hero's /etc directory

less 01_qcomm_omx.cfg

(0xa054369c,0x22c5,0x412e,0x19,0x17,0x87,0x4c,0x1a,0x19,0xd4,0x5f),"libqcomm_omx.so"

Something to do with adreno 200 gpu?

Edit:

Have updated the git repo to use the software renderer via egl.cfg and replicated the networkAttributes string array in the hope that the phone does not force close!

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest KonstaT

Disclaimer! Please read this whole post. I am not held responsible if something happens to your phone. This ROM is only for developers. This ROM is not for everyday use - it is actually for no use at all!

Blade ICS Alpha1

What is it:

It's a self built Ice Cream Sandwich from AOSP source code ported to ZTE Blade.

Kernel is built from Tom G's github with small modification to only one file (drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c attached below).

What is working:

It boots

Screen

Touchscreen (one point)

Hardware buttons except home key

What is not working:

Everything else

Blade-ICS-Alpha1.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?biwgvzodiglnii5

MD5:CED9AFC28119980CC6FB945DC9ED11C8

After build I have removed few things to trim it down:

-Text-to-speech (system/tts)

-Kernel modules (system/lib/modules)

-Most of ringtones (system/media/audio/ringtones)

-System size ~130mb, so you don't need to repartition

If you don't have anything other to say than this or that doesn't work, you can keep it to yourself - I already know that. If you can provide information why something isn't working, that is better. If you have suggestions how to fix something or you have fixed something, post it to this thread so that the whole development community can benefit from that.

t0mm13b and everyone else in this thread who helped

Tom G and CyanogenMod

TeamICS

/device/zte/blade I have used is uploaded here.

synaptics_i2c_rmi.txt

Edited by KonstaT

Disclaimer! Please read this whole post. I am not held responsible if something happens to your phone. This ROM is only for developers. This ROM is not for everyday use - it is actually for no use at all!

Blade ICS Alpha1

What is it:

It's a self built Ice Cream Sandwich from AOSP source code ported to ZTE Blade.

Kernel is built from Tom G's github with small modification to only one file (attached below).

What is working:

It boots

Screen

Touchscreen (one point)

Hardware buttons except home key

What is not working:

Everything else

Blade-ICS-Alpha1.zip

http://www.mediafire...biwgvzodiglnii5

MD5:CED9AFC28119980CC6FB945DC9ED11C8

After build I have removed few things to trim it down:

-Text-to-speech (system/tts)

-Kernel modules (system/lib/modules)

-Most of ringtones (system/media/audio/ringtones)

-System size ~130mb, so you don't need to repartition

If you don't have anything other to say than this or that doesn't work, you can keep it to yourself - I already know that. If you can provide information why something isn't working, that is better. If you have suggestions how to fix something or you have fixed something, post it to this thread so that the whole development community can benefit from that.

t0mm13b and everyone else in this thread who helped

Tom G and CyanogenMod

TeamICS

Downloading.

What is that .txt file?

Edited by t181

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT does this build reflect the changes that t0mm13b has added in the git repo today?

For most parts, yes. This started as a different project though and I have disabled few more things from my build compared to t0mm13b's github.

Uploaded my /device/zte/blade/ device tree if someone wants to have a look. I've also completely disabled libaudio and webrtc from my build.

Edited by KonstaT

so when i used the hero framework-res why did it stop force closing? :S

I have no idea. Was it just framework-res that you changed or did you change framework.jar too?

Guest t0mm13b

I have no idea. Was it just framework-res that you changed or did you change framework.jar too?

If that is in relation to the phone process force closing, then yes I would have to say, that modifying the config.xml in the device's tree would resolve that. I reckon someone who built the hero twigged that....? hence no issue there on that? what you think? :)

Maybe it was obvious to whoever, but to me, took a while before the penny dropped and not alone that, a lot of GB legacy stuff is lying around in there mixed with the ICS .... :)

Guest furrabbit.nh
can anyone explain what this is - I found it in the hero's /etc directory

less 01_qcomm_omx.cfg

(0xa054369c,0x22c5,0x412e,0x19,0x17,0x87,0x4c,0x1a,0x19,0xd4,0x5f),"libqcomm_omx.so"

Something to do with adreno 200 gpu?

did a quick google on it and everything just refers back to htc desire or n1, maybe adreno200, could be multiple things but n1 and desire have simlar hw to the blade same gpu, all 3 have synaptics clearpad 2000 digitizers not sure on the wifi chipsets or bluetooth

Edited by furrabbit.nh

Guest t0mm13b

did a quick google on it and everything just refers back to htc desire or n1, maybe adreno200, could be multiple things but n1 and desire have simlar hw to the blade same gpu, all 3 have synaptics clearpad 2000 digitizers not sure on the wifi chipsets or bluetooth

For the wifi its atheros 6002... :)

Since hero, desire and n1 all had adreno gpu's made by qualcomme seems reasonable to assume it's to do with gpu. I don't reckon they all share any other components made by qcomme. I could be wrong

Guest furrabbit.nh

Since hero, desire and n1 all had adreno gpu's made by qualcomme seems reasonable to assume it's to do with gpu. I don't reckon they all share any other components made by qcomme. I could be wrong

they all run variations of the synaptics clearpad 2000 digitizers aswell its just whether they are the same variation, even if not shouldnt take too much modding, i was looking to see if desire or n1 had hadware acc but no, desire has its multitouch :/

EDIT: The file you mentioned above could also be the wifi as qualcomm own atheros trying to find another device with the same chip

EDIT 2: After some research x10 uses atheros 6000 series wifi driver they have it partially working and bluetooth working on ics...

Edited by furrabbit.nh

OK so now that we have a booting ICS with working touchscreen what's the next step? What's the problem with the actual phone function? Does it need more drivers to be hacked/ported?

Guest furrabbit.nh

OK so now that we have a booting ICS with working touchscreen what's the next step? What's the problem with the actual phone function? Does it need more drivers to be hacked/ported?

Hardware accel, wifi, bluetooth, mounting sd card, gsm/data the list goes on. :)

Hardware accel, wifi, bluetooth, mounting sd card, gsm/data the list goes on. :)

Hehe yes I realise there's lots to do yet but I was trying to get an idea of what needs to be done to get each of those things working . Are they all driver related issues? Perhaps we would be more productive as a community if we tried to tackle one thing at a time? Just a thought

Edited by fp30

Guest furrabbit.nh

Hehe yes I realise there's lots to do yet but I was trying to get an idea of what needs to be done to get each of those things done. Are they all driver related issues? Perhaps we would be more productive as a community if we tried to tackle one thing at a time? Just a thought

I'm not sure if there all driver issues, most will be but its going to be hard to get them going, as for the sound it's working on the zte racer ics which is just a port of the hero rom which also works on blade with minor modification, but no sound.. I can't do much ATM I'm away from home for a few days. Working on 1 thing at a time is the best way but where to start XD I was trying to get SD mounted for quite a while earlier it wasn't having none of it :P

Edited by furrabbit.nh