[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Would anyone know of a way to get around the limitation of system.img and fastboot flash'ing it? or even better a patch to remove the 128Mb limit for flashing with fastboot... google does not reveal anything on that or my choice of keywords does not do justice.. :)

Guest hecatae

Take them out of your computer and stretch them out on a flat surface. Use a pair of scissors to remove the rotten parts, splice the pieces back together with glue, put it back into your computer, and compile.

well that is simpler than what I was going to suggest

Guest hecatae

Would anyone know of a way to get around the limitation of system.img and fastboot flash'ing it? or even better a patch to remove the 128Mb limit for flashing with fastboot... google does not reveal anything on that or my choice of keywords does not do justice.. :)

tpt or ftm it?

Guest t0mm13b

Take them out of your computer and stretch them out on a flat surface. Use a pair of scissors to remove the rotten parts, splice the pieces back together with glue, put it back into your computer, and compile.

:lol:

Be sure to use the super-duper-strong superglue (available from all good hardware stores) and do not sniff it in the process... :D :lol:

Guest hedgepigdaniel

If you find where it is in the source I guess you could recompile fastboot

Guest Amphoras

Dunno how you can get round the fastboot limit, but you can flash it by TPT. If you've already got the correct partition sizes, then remove everything apart from partition.mbn and partition_zte.mbn, add the new system.img (and boot.img if its changed as well). Start up the TPT and it will only flash the system.img (and boot.img if you added it). All the other parts should be left untouched (recovery, data, partition sizes, radio partitions).

Guest hedgepigdaniel

tpt or ftm it?

that's what I've been doing, the only trouble is you have to back up and restore data (or include it in the tpt) aswell unless you want it wiped everytime.

Anyone know why that zip file I posted a while back doesn't work? It doesn't boot past the splash image when I flash it although the same files work when flashed with TPT. This is the script:

ui_print("ZTE Blade ICS AOSP Alpha2");

ui_print("");

# write the boot partition.

show_progress(0.2, 0);

ui_print("Writing boot partition...");

format("MTD", "boot");

assert(package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img"), write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot"), delete("/tmp/boot.img"));

show_progress(0.2, 10);

# write the system partition.

show_progress(0.2, 0);

ui_print("Writing system partition...");

format("MTD", "system");

assert(package_extract_file("system.img", "/tmp/system.img"), write_raw_image("/tmp/system.img", "system"), delete("/tmp/system.img"));

show_progress(1.0, 10);

ui_print("All done.");

Guest t0mm13b

If you find where it is in the source I guess you could recompile fastboot

Well the source is there, in system/core/fastboot, but... :)

I am inclined to think its the response coming from the fastboot protocol that is stopping or preventing fastboot from doing the actual flash...that is the protocol used when fastboot talks to the handset via usb that is :)

Edit: could be wrong though... :unsure:

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Dunno how you can get round the fastboot limit, but you can flash it by TPT. If you've already got the correct partition sizes, then remove everything apart from partition.mbn and partition_zte.mbn, add the new system.img (and boot.img if its changed as well). Start up the TPT and it will only flash the system.img (and boot.img if you added it). All the other parts should be left untouched (recovery, data, partition sizes, radio partitions).

Can you provide a script or something for that, and that can go out on github for everyone's benefit? :)

Guest hedgepigdaniel

@amphoras Thanks for the tip, ill give it a go if I can't get these zip files to work.

@t0mm13b youre probably right

how difficult would it be to port the CM7 system for building an update.zip? we can add the kernel blob to the github and then be able to fiddle with init.rc and whatever else is in boot.img?

Guest t0mm13b

that's what I've been doing, the only trouble is you have to back up and restore data (or include it in the tpt) aswell unless you want it wiped everytime.

Anyone know why that zip file I posted a while back doesn't work? It doesn't boot past the splash image when I flash it although the same files work when flashed with TPT. This is the script:

ui_print("ZTE Blade ICS AOSP Alpha2");

ui_print("");

show_progress(0.2, 0);

format("MTD", "boot");

assert(package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img"), write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot"), delete("/tmp/boot.img"));

show_progress(0.2, 10);

show_progress(0.2, 0);

format("MTD", "system");

assert(package_extract_file("system.img", "/tmp/system.img"), write_raw_image("/tmp/system.img", "system"), delete("/tmp/system.img"));

show_progress(1.0, 10);

ui_print("All done.");

Should be mounting the partitions first as in something like this?

mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");

unmount("/system");

and likewise same for boot?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Can you provide a script or something for that, and that can go out on github for everyone's benefit? :)

the script would have to read the current partition layout exactly and provide a partition_zte.mbn than matched it wouldn't it? Isn't it easier just to use update.zip files?

@amphoras Thanks for the tip, ill give it a go if I can't get these zip files to work.

@t0mm13b youre probably right

how difficult would it be to port the CM7 system for building an update.zip? we can add the kernel blob to the github and then be able to fiddle with init.rc and whatever else is in boot.img?

You can use dsixda kitchen to get an update.zip.

Put system.img and boot.img to ORIGINAL_UPDATE folder and then build update.zip.

When it asks to add updater-script, answer yes.

Guest t0mm13b

Put system.img and boot.img to ORIGINAL_UPDATE folder and then build update.zip.

PITA I'll say... need a quick way of doing it... xD

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Should be mounting the partitions first as in something like this?

mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");

unmount("/system");

and likewise same for boot?
That didn't seem to be necessary based on what I saw in sebastian404s stock ROMs - in those they only get mounted to do file operations as opposed to just writing an image:

show_progress(0.2, 0);

format("MTD", "boot");

show_progress(0.2, 10);

show_progress(0.4, 0);

format("MTD", "system");

mount("MTD", "system", "/system");

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

show_progress(0.4, 10);

I'll try it anyway...

Guest hedgepigdaniel

perhaps you can't flash system.img files in clockworkmod for some reason and that's why he has extracted all of them in the zip file - they would all originally have come as .img files form romdumps...

Guest t0mm13b

That didn't seem to be necessary based on what I saw in sebastian404s stock ROMs - in those they only get mounted to do file operations as opposed to just writing an image:

show_progress(0.2, 0);

format("MTD", "boot");

show_progress(0.2, 10);

show_progress(0.4, 0);

format("MTD", "system");

mount("MTD", "system", "/system");

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

show_progress(0.4, 10);

I'll try it anyway...

Am digging up my old sources... thing is you need a mount point for the /tmp to be able to write to ...

Edit: I'm wrong here, yes, no mount is necessary, disregard that :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Amphoras

the script would have to read the current partition layout exactly and provide a partition_zte.mbn than matched it wouldn't it? Isn't it easier just to use update.zip files?

No, it doesn't matter what partition_zte.mbn contains. If appsboot.mbn isn't there/doesn't match the layout in partition_zte.mbn, your partition sizes aren't changed.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

dsixda is a wonderful person, I take of my hat to him/her. This thing has solved all the problems in my life.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

No, it doesn't matter what partition_zte.mbn contains. If appsboot.mbn isn't there/doesn't match the layout in partition_zte.mbn, your partition sizes aren't changed.

sure, but if its going to flash your partitions, doesn't it need to know where they are?

Guest Amphoras

sure, but if its going to flash your partitions, doesn't it need to know where they are?

I'm sure I did it before and it worked, but not you're making me doubt. I'll check and post back whether it works or not.

Edit: Backed up with Clockwork and used the system.img and userdata.img from there. My current partition layout is the 160MB system one and I used the partition_zte.mbn from the 138MB system layout. The TPT worked without any errors, and everything looks ok once I boot up.

Edit2: Ok, maybe not so good to do this. Just heard now that a different partition_zte.mbn can cause problems. As long as you use the one from whatever TPT you used to get your current layouts it should be ok.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest hedgepigdaniel

thanks to dsixda's script, here is an update.zip that actually works: http://www.mediafire...ai4k1bm15p9ydz2, the same but with root: http://www.mediafire.com/?9u2t03f9m3qa66i, gapps: http://download.cloc...-20111125-2.zip

A stock sized system partition is still necessary. These do not contain KonstaT's SD card fix.

Edited by hedgepigdaniel

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I'm sure I did it before and it worked, but not you're making me doubt. I'll check and post back whether it works or not.

Edit: Backed up with Clockwork and used the system.img and userdata.img from there. My current partition layout is the 160MB system one and I used the partition_zte.mbn from the 138MB system layout. The TPT worked without any errors, and everything looks ok once I boot up.

cool. I guess it just looks at the phone's memory for where the partition are like everything else. Its 2:23am where I live...

Guest Amphoras

cool. I guess it just looks at the phone's memory for where the partition are like everything else. Its 2:23am where I live...

See the second edit, it may actually cause problems if they're different.

ok i got network issue fixed

copy libril.so,lib-qcril-hook.so to /system/lib from cm7(i got from that)

copy qc-ril-hook.jar to /system/framework also from cm7 and replace /system/bin/rild by a working one from any rom like cm7,etc

Is data connection working?