4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest BaltTigger

OK. I am fed up with this. I flashed my LTE GNex back to factory, rerooted and installed the CWM Recovery. Booted into recovery, made a backup, and installed the pre-baked image files. When I reboot, I can use wifi but have no phone or data.

I have tried: reinstalling the .img files for the LTE and CDMA radios - no luck. Did an advanced restore and restored the boot.img file - hangs on the screen that has the word Google with the lock on the screen and will go no further.

I am at my wits end and have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Guest buzzman

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone had the same problem:

I had the stock 4.0.1 and didn't get the OTA so I decided to give this a try. It's a great rom but I have one major complaint:

From time to time it cuts my reception (like I'm cut from the gsm-net). Seconds later it reconnects and works fine. A few minutes ago it happend while talking on the phone. It disconnected the call and when I looked at the phone there was no reception.

I never had any problems with my stock 4.0.1

Any suggestions?

Baseband: I9250XXKK1

Kernel: 3.0.9-mck-r7+paul@Paul-OBriens-iMac #1

Build-No: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus Ir8 (ICL53F)

Thanks!

OK. I am fed up with this. I flashed my LTE GNex back to factory, rerooted and installed the CWM Recovery. Booted into recovery, made a backup, and installed the pre-baked image files. When I reboot, I can use wifi but have no phone or data.

I have tried: reinstalling the .img files for the LTE and CDMA radios - no luck. Did an advanced restore and restored the boot.img file - hangs on the screen that has the word Google with the lock on the screen and will go no further.

Umm... this ROM is for GSM only...

i cant believe that after all of your problems it is only now we realise u have the LTE gnex! i feel sooo sorry for you! you must have had the worst last couple of days! did you make a backup from your recovery mode when you first unlocked and rooted?

Guest BushMasterSix

If I could wish something, my late x-mas present would be: Notification turns the display on and shows the notification in iOS 5 style. For the moment I do not see anything except for the notification LED.

2nd wish: Facebook notification

Guest Benlehot

I'm with Rogers and now using KK6. No issues. Battery tweak is unreal!

I flashed UGKK7 yesterday! Battery life is worst than the others radios but 3G reception is fantastic.

I'm also with Rogers.

Edited by Benlehot

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone had the same problem:

I had the stock 4.0.1 and didn't get the OTA so I decided to give this a try. It's a great rom but I have one major complaint:

From time to time it cuts my reception (like I'm cut from the gsm-net). Seconds later it reconnects and works fine. A few minutes ago it happend while talking on the phone. It disconnected the call and when I looked at the phone there was no reception.

I never had any problems with my stock 4.0.1

Any suggestions?

Baseband: I9250XXKK1

Kernel: 3.0.9-mck-r7+paul@Paul-OBriens-iMac #1

Build-No: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus Ir8 (ICL53F)

Thanks!

I was getting this problem with stock KK1 radio too. Wifi worked fine, but mobile data would be cut off from time to time, even if signal was 4-5 bars, and I know that I was in locations with good signal. Upgrading to KK6 solved my problem, give it a try.

Guest Tyrellcorp

Baked and installed the latest build last night and still having camera issues (as others have too by the look of it).

Just getting random freezes whilst taking photos so I have to close and restart the app.

Tried reinstalling from stock copy through Titanium app & data but didn't help.

Don't really want to do a wipe and start again unless this is the only way to fix it?

Thanks

What sort of notification? Handcent and GoSMS both include features to wake the screen and show a pop up window for SMS. For other things think of your battery!

If I could wish something, my late x-mas present would be: Notification turns the display on and shows the notification in iOS 5 style. For the moment I do not see anything except for the notification LED.

2nd wish: Facebook notification

Are there any plans to make this rom compatible with the CDMA Galaxy Nexus? I was always a huge fan of the modoco roms for my original Nexus One, and it would be a shame if I wasn't able to get this rom on my Verizon device.

If you read back in this thread it has been mentioned a few times already. I'm sure Paul is looking into it.

Are there any plans to make this rom compatible with the CDMA Galaxy Nexus? I was always a huge fan of the modoco roms for my original Nexus One, and it would be a shame if I wasn't able to get this rom on my Verizon device.

Guest BushMasterSix
1325014461' post=1873546']

What sort of notification? Handcent and GoSMS both include features to wake the screen and show a pop up window for SMS. For other things think of your battery!

Just iOS like

When I go to Settings/Security I can no longer change my screen lock options. The first three options None, Slide and Face unlock are greyed out. It this ROM causing that?

Having issues with a freezing camera as well on my freshly baked ROM. That's pretty much a dealbreaker for me right now, so I'm going back to stock.

Did you disable camera sounds?

P

When I go to Settings/Security I can no longer change my screen lock options. The first three options None, Slide and Face unlock are greyed out. It this ROM causing that?

No. You have VPN credentials saved or a security policy applied.

P