4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest alphaola
1333713665' post=1929588']

Mine also does not update to the new radio... is it really needed to update the bootloader? What are the risks and advantages of doing that???

Just manually flash the radio Cwm.Xxla2

Guest marcuso

can someone explain what exactly the "4.0.2 build fingerprint" does and if it makes sense to choose that in kitchen ?

I have an idea what it means (probably "faking" 4.0.2 based ROM ?), but what i donĀ“t get is what sense this makes and in which cases this might even be needed ?

Are there market apps that wonĀ“t install without that or something similar ?

As i am about to flash IR13 i still wonder about the 4.0.2 build fingerprint. What are the advantages/disadvantages. Now that 4.0.4 is out officially i would assume that most of the stuff should be compatiable - what am I missing here ? ;-)

And then I wonder about the radio/bootloader discussion. I saw someone proposed the new bootloader (to fix the radio not beeing flashed) ? What effect does a bootloader update have ? As far as i understood it is not something that can effect the actually running system (like radio-quality, battery-lifetime, ...) as it is only the component that is booting the kernel ...

So maybe someone can shed some light on these two topics for me ?

Thx

Marcus

Guest alphaola
1333900251' post=1931130']

As i am about to flash IR13 i still wonder about the 4.0.2 build fingerprint. What are the advantages/disadvantages. Now that 4.0.4 is out officially i would assume that most of the stuff should be compatiable - what am I missing here ? ;-)

And then I wonder about the radio/bootloader discussion. I saw someone proposed the new bootloader (to fix the radio not beeing flashed) ? What effect does a bootloader update have ? As far as i understood it is not something that can effect the actually running system (like radio-quality, battery-lifetime, ...) as it is only the component that is booting the kernel ...

So maybe someone can shed some light on these two topics for me ?

Thx

Marcus

Hi, just build your rom from the kitchen excluding the 4.0.2 finger print as its not needed. Theirs no need to flash another boot loader just flash the xxla2 radio above . Cheers

Guest congrey

Will this work with a Nexus from Canada with Virgin Mobile?

It works with Fido very well.

Paul, don't forget about Name Display, please. We are still waiting..........

Edited by congrey

Yes, drawer too, every angle except upside down in portrait, could probably enable that.

P

Is it at all possible to have an option button in settings that can disable landscape mode on the home screen??

Guest jmagee

Is it at all possible to have an option button in settings that can disable landscape mode on the home screen??

I think zdbox gives an option like that on one of its widgets. Possibly widgetsoid

Might do to although I haven't used it.

Guest cbert

It works with Fido very well.

OK so I have put Ir13 on my G-Nex and am running into the same issue that others have encountered ... namely the radio will not turn on ... wi-fi no prob and everything else appears to be operating the way it should. How do I go about getting my radio back on?

Guest cassio

Where are you seeing it max out the CPU?

just about anytime...wiped and seems to be ok now...battery life seems to be quite a bit worse though

Guest comicbookguy

just wondering if there's an option anywhere (or if not could it be put in the ROM...... ) for the stock browser to automatically load full web pages under certain circumstances (like when connected to wifi). i hate having to refresh every page every time i go to it. should the "full web pages " option be sticky when you go back to a page or not?

Guest jmagee

just wondering if there's an option anywhere (or if not could it be put in the ROM...... ) for the stock browser to automatically load full web pages under certain circumstances (like when connected to wifi). i hate having to refresh every page every time i go to it. should the "full web pages " option be sticky when you go back to a page or not?

Why are you using the stock browser? Google chrome links so well with your desktop!

Guest comicbookguy

Why are you using the stock browser? Google chrome links so well with your desktop!

only if you use chrome on your desktop...... ;)

Guest jmagee

only if you use chrome on your desktop...... ;)

Fair point but why wouldn't you do that? smile.gif Still I thought very few people used the stock browser with things like dolphin etc.

Guest cbert

*Repost*

I am with Virgin Mobile ...

*-OK so I have put Ir13 on my G-Nex and am running into the same issue that others have encountered ... namely the radio will not turn on ... wi-fi no prob and everything else appears to be operating the way it should. How do I go about getting my radio back on?-*

Sorry for the repost - saw activity yet no response ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest cassio

The number you're entering into the SMSC field is not a phone number, but rather one that is encoded.

The first link is a list of SMSC phone numbers for different providers.

The second link is a website that will allow you to encode the SMSC phone number into one that is usable by your phone. On the second site, there's a field at the bottom left of the screen that says "SMSC" then "Recipient".

Looking at the first link, let's take the following SMSC number - +447973074999. If we enter it into the SMSC field and leave the Recipient field blank and click convert we're given the following number.

AT+CMGW=8

0791449737709499110000910000AA00

We can ignore the first AT+... part. What we want to enter into the SMSC field is 0791449737709499 (up until the 11). Hit Update, then hit the back button until you get to the home screen. You can go back to the *#*#4643#*#* screen and hit refresh and you should see the exact same number. If not then re-enter it again, hit update and hit back until you're at the home screen.

I'm having the same problem of not being able to send/recieve sms again but this time the above trick doesn't work (which previously did work for me). the encoded smsc code does exist in the system when i hit refresh but i'm not about to send/recieve sms. i am on the 4/4 release.

Guest jmagee

Hate to sound like a broken record but any sign of these system.ui fixes? Did a complete wipe, installed stock 4.0.4 yesterday before IR 13, doing a full wipe there too and I'm still getting errors. Getting annoying now :-(

Guest wassss

hello,

can someone give an old modaco rom for galaxy nexus ?

4.0.3 if possible or 4.0.2 biggrin.gif

because I have bug sleep mode with 4.0.4 unsure.gif

thanks very much

Guest jmagee

Is there not another thread still with the old kitchen? Or was it merged?

Worth letting Paul know about your bug. I'll check on my computer if I have an old bake, although I doubt I do as I tend to delete it when I create a new one.

Just a thought, try xda threads for a pre bake or just use stock for a while?

Edited by jmagee

Guest wassss

Is there not another thread still with the old kitchen? Or was it merged?

Worth letting Paul know about your bug. I'll check on my computer if I have an old bake, although I doubt I do as I tend to delete it when I create a new one.

Just a thought, try xda threads for a pre bake or just use stock for a while?

I'm using stock but I prefer modaco rom

impossible to find an old modaco rom release in the web

Guest congrey

I'm using stock but I prefer modaco rom

impossible to find an old modaco rom release in the web

Give me your email, I guess I have IR12 and IR10. Which one do you want to have?

Edited by congrey

Guest wassss

Give me your email, I guess I have IR12 and IR10. Which one do you want to have?

done via pm. ir12 if not 4.0.4

thanks

Edited by wassss

Guest plisk3n

odd... i just swapped out my simcard to a different carrier, now my phone is stuck on the boot animation. what can I do?

i managed to do a complete wipe of the phone and reinstall a freshly cooked rom, trying to see if a restore will work. otherwise i lose 2 weeks of data :(

Edited by plisk3n