4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Colors are working here. Only thing not working for me is missed calls notifications, issue is reported in bugtracker we are waiting for a fix.

So.... Just change colors on trackball app right? I changed, my gmail and sms color... But all is white color...

Any ideas?

Guest Hap Hazard

When switching to a new ROM a wipe is necessary!

Paul mentioned that a wipe is not required on the first post of this thread. I recall installing an MCR over the stock ROM on one of my older Nexus phones, as well.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is not required. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!

Edited by Hap Hazard

Guest jay84uk

I had the same problem. Deleting the sms and e-mail fields then setting them up from scratch fixed this for me.

So.... Just change colors on trackball app right? I changed, my gmail and sms color... But all is white color...

Any ideas?

Guest Paulo Nobrega

20th of jan last update??? Starting to wonder why i paid to support his work but now he does none???

Clearly you failed to read the post and the conditions when you subscribed the ad free account. U didn't subscribed for regular updates for your rom in case you didn't noticed...

Just relax... Galaxy nexus is the top device atm. You will have plenty of updates and roms to play with over the next months

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Moving on...

Sometimes the google search bar reappears when i stop using some random app. Then i have to reboot the device to make it disappear again. Anyone with same problem?

Regarding battery issues... My device drains its battery in a few hours with regular use. A little browsing, some gmail, one or two calls and it starts complaining about low battery. I baked the rom with uv and oc but most of the times i see the clock speed is only 350mhz, so no reason to drain so fast. Also it recharges to 100% very fast. normal in this device ? Trying to use juice defender ultimate to make my battery lasts at least a work day

Guest cjacks5

How long is the initial boot expected to take? I am installing the first custom MCR this Galaxy Nexus has tasted and it's closing in on 20 minutes. It is stuck on the colourful boot animation.

Update: I popped the battery after 40 minutes, powered it back on and it's stuck in the animation again. Will try installing the baked ROM again before going back (hopefully) to my backup stock ROM.

Update2: The second install resulted in the same issue. I am attempting a restoration via Clockwork Recovery.

Update3: The restoration was a complete success. Back to stock.

Is there a common cause for my issue? Is there set of options from the kitchen that don't play well together? Should I just re-bake and try again?

I'm having this same issue on first install. Just like Hap Hazard, I hoped to get away with not wiping based on it saying a wipe wasn't required in the OP. Any Ideas?

BTW, I'm also coming from the stock ROM

I'm having this same issue on first install. Just like Hap Hazard, I hoped to get away with not wiping based on it saying a wipe wasn't required in the OP. Any Ideas?

BTW, I'm also coming from the stock ROM

You'll need to wipe.

No wipe if coming from a previous MCR.

Guest cjacks5

You'll need to wipe.

No wipe if coming from a previous MCR.

tried wiping and re-installing kitchen rom. no luck... same issue. how long does it stay on the samsung boot screen usually. mine ran for about 30 mins with no cigar

Guest cjacks5

Less than 10 mins, well under.

You have a GSM Nexus right?

yeah. gsm galaxy nexus. tried a couple other custom roms from xda to see how that would go and they flash and work just fine. now ive restored back to stock and wiped again to give this another go.

been on samsung boot screen for like 7-8 mins now

Guest cjacks5

wiped data, cache, and dalvik 3 times before flashing modaco just to be sure... still stuck at the samsung boot screen.

going to try another bake and see what happens. I'm curious if something I'm leaving out or adding to the bake is causing the issue. no custom additions on my part. just checking the appropriate boxes for the feature I'd like to include/exclude

Guest Rob Huebner

Maybe try a pre-bake first if you have the patience?

Try not using the oc/uv kernel...my device also has issues with OC'ing evidently and it becomes unusably slow if I use the OC kernel.

Guest cjacks5

Try not using the oc/uv kernel...my device also has issues with OC'ing evidently and it becomes unusably slow if I use the OC kernel.

I guess there's a chance it could be the oc/uv kernel. I've tried to re-bake, wipe and re-install about 4 times now with different options selected each time to try to eliminate a potential culprit to no avail.

The only constant has been the oc/uv kernel. I'll try one more time without it and see what happens. I give up if that doesn't do it... sad.gif

Guest cjacks5

do you have trouble running the UV only kernel too?

I have problem with OC'ing to 1.4GHz too. It doesn't hang or reboot but the phone would become unresponsive for a few seconds or slow once in a while. Using SetCPU restrict the clock speed back to 1.2GHz solved the problem. You can use the UV-only kernel to avoid the problem, but since the OC/UV kernel also OC the GPU and that part seems fine, you may want to stick with it.

Guest Hap Hazard

I have problem with OC'ing to 1.4GHz too. It doesn't hang or reboot but the phone would become unresponsive for a few seconds or slow once in a while. Using SetCPU restrict the clock speed back to 1.2GHz solved the problem. You can use the UV-only kernel to avoid the problem, but since the OC/UV kernel also OC the GPU and that part seems fine, you may want to stick with it.

What app do you use for overclocking?

Guest Hap Hazard

re-baked with the UV only kernel and seems to have worked like a charm! biggrin.gif

For the record, I had to wipe before the the MCR I baked worked. And it took less than 10 minutes to boot when it worked.

I'm glad to hear your problems are cleared up, too.