GPS problem

Guest hersos

1. I think it's better.

2. External GPS is always needed. Enhanced GPS will only help to connect faster.

If nothing helps, then I can't give any more advice.

In External GPS i use com 3 and baud rate 4800.

I dont use Enhanced GPS yet because im afraid the charges... sad.gif

As i mentioned before my gps worked only once and this fact makes me to wonder if i have a hardware problem... unsure.gif

Edited by hersos

Guest blade87

Does it show the satellites, but doesn't connect to them, because today I wanted to test my GPS with Garmin, but it didn't connect at all. It said "Acquiring Satellites" for a few minutes and I stopped it, because the battery was low. I know how I can fix it and that is by downloading the data from Enhanced GPS. The file that it downloads is small - 37 kB in size. Maybe this will fix your problem too. I've said it before, but I'll say it again - Enhanced GPS can use a Wi-Fi or ActiveSync internet connection too (both free).

Does it show the satellites, but doesn't connect to them, because today I wanted to test my GPS with Garmin, but it didn't connect at all. It said "Acquiring Satellites" for a few minutes and I stopped it, because the battery was low. I know how I can fix it and that is by downloading the data from Enhanced GPS. The file that it downloads is small - 37 kB in size. Maybe this will fix your problem too. I've said it before, but I'll say it again - Enhanced GPS can use a Wi-Fi or ActiveSync internet connection too (both free).

Yes i have exactly the same problem that you mention now!

But i tried many times to download these data without result...

So i wanted from you to explain me all the procedure how i download the Enhanced GPS.

I heard you and put PUJA1 radio without result. sad.gif

Guest blade87

When I'm at home I download it with ActiveSync through my computer and when I'm somewhere outside around a free wireless connection, I connect to it and download from there.

The procedure is - connect to an internet source then go to Start Menu -> Settings -> System -> Enhanced GPS -> press the "XTRA Data Download" button, wait until the waiting cursor disappears and if you are using a ROM that has the original Enhanced GPS, at the bottom under the button you just pressed the "Valid time" should now say "6 days and 23 hours". And that's it. After one week you will have to download it again.

When I'm at home I download it with ActiveSync through my computer and when I'm somewhere outside around a free wireless connection, I connect to it and download from there.

The procedure is - connect to an internet source then go to Start Menu -> Settings -> System -> Enhanced GPS -> press the "XTRA Data Download" button, wait until the waiting cursor disappears and if you are using a ROM that has the original Enhanced GPS, at the bottom under the button you just pressed the "Valid time" should now say "6 days and 23 hours". And that's it. After one week you will have to download it again.

I did this procedure my friend but i cant see the "Valid time" you said...

I go to Start Menu > Settings > System > Enhanced GPS and i see 3 bars. I do not know to do after...

Could you help me??? wacko.gifwacko.gif

Guest blade87

I said IF it has the original Enhanced GPS then you will see the Valid time. Maybe the ROM has the Omnia Lite GPS Settings. In that case press on XTRA (the last bar), scroll to the end of the new screen and press the Download XTRA Data button. It will then download the data after a few seconds and it's done.

I said IF it has the original Enhanced GPS then you will see the Valid time. Maybe the ROM has the Omnia Lite GPS Settings. In that case press on XTRA (the last bar), scroll to the end of the new screen and press the Download XTRA Data button. It will then download the data after a few seconds and it's done.

You dont understand me maybe my friend...

I have the original Enhanced GPS but i cannot see the valid time.

I tried this procedure many times without result...

I dont think so that my rom has Omnia lite GPS settings.

More specificly i pressed on XTRA button, after i scrolled to the end of the screen and i pressed the Download XTRA Data button, but i cant see this bar that you told me. sad.gifsad.gif

Any help???

Edited by hersos

Guest blade87

Forget about what I said about a bar. You just need to press the button, wait a few seconds to finish and it's ready. Nothing more is needed. After that just try the GPS and it has to work.

Forget about what I said about a bar. You just need to press the button, wait a few seconds to finish and it's ready. Nothing more is needed. After that just try the GPS and it has to work.

I must have the GPRS setting enabled?

I tried many times with this manner but i cant see this bar with the valid timemad.gifmad.gif

You dont answer me if i should activate the GPRS settings. I use Modaco Nodata...

Could you explain me all this procedure step by step?

Edited by hersos

Guest blade87

What bar? I never said about a valid time bar. I said it's under the XTRA Data Download. In the photo is the original Enhanced GPS and under the button there is the Valid time, which after a successful update should show 6 days and 23 hours.

I have never used GPRS to download the data files, so cellular connection isn't required.

I have explained the process in detail already, so I won't quote myself again.

s1.jpg

What bar? I never said about a valid time bar. I said it's under the XTRA Data Download. In the photo is the original Enhanced GPS and under the button there is the Valid time, which after a successful update should show 6 days and 23 hours.

I have never used GPRS to download the data files, so cellular connection isn't required.

I have explained the process in detail already, so I won't quote myself again.

s1.jpg

OK i did this procedure via Activesync but everytime i try, i see this message Unable to access network. Please try again

Any help?

Guest nikkodonatte

OK i did this procedure via Activesync but everytime i try, i see this message Unable to access network. Please try again

Any help?

Hi, maybe your PC isn´t connected to the internet, or maybe your must set your active sync to enable internet connection between your PC and your phone.

To download Xtra you allways need an internet connection (via GPRS, wifi, or active sync). To navigate with the GPS you don´t need an internet connection but to download Xtra files you need the connection. Try it on a wifi zone, or enable your GPRS connection and then download Xtra files.

Hope the info was usefull for you, and sorry my bad English, Spanish is my native tongue.

Edited by nikkodonatte

I can't help you with that. Use Google.

Wi-Fi is the last option. Find a free wireless zone and download through it.

I downloaded this data via Activesync my friend!

But i would like to ask you some questions:

1) It is necessary to refresh every week this data from Enhanced GPS to have better GPS signal?

2) How can i use the Intermediate Driver?

3) In your device how much time it takes to you to get satellites in a clear and a closed space seperalately?

Hi, maybe your PC isn´t connected to the internet, or maybe your must set your active sync to enable internet connection between your PC and your phone.

To download Xtra you allways need an internet connection (via GPRS, wifi, or active sync). To navigate with the GPS you don´t need an internet connection but to download Xtra files you need the connection. Try it on a wifi zone, or enable your GPRS connection and then download Xtra files.

Hope the info was usefull for you, and sorry my bad English, Spanish is my native tongue.

No problem amigo! I downloaded finally this data and i want to ask you how much time it takes your GPS to lock satellites?

And are you refreshing this data every week?

Edited by hersos

Guest blade87

1. For a better signal - I think it's good to do it every week (I don't use the GPS daily so I don't download it every single week)

2. That driver is not needed if the connection to the serial COM port is successful.

3. In outdoors it really depends on the current meteorological condition. In closed spaces like a house or flat, I don't think it will ever connect.

1. For a better signal - I think it's good to do it every week (I don't use the GPS daily so I don't download it every single week)

2. That driver is not needed if the connection to the serial COM port is successful.

3. In outdoors it really depends on the current meteorological condition. In closed spaces like a house or flat, I don't think it will ever connect.

Thank you man. But i downloaded this data and its too difficult to find GPS signal...

And about my previous question, i meant how time exact it takes you to catch GPS signal?

Edited by hersos

Guest blade87

Today it cloudy and started to rain, but the GPS connected under a minute. However, I've had days when it was sunny and it took over 5 minutes so I think it depends on many things.

If it can't connect after the downloaded data, then I don't know any other way to help.

Today it cloudy and started to rain, but the GPS connected under a minute. However, I've had days when it was sunny and it took over 5 minutes so I think it depends on many things.

If it can't connect after the downloaded data, then I don't know any other way to help.

I connect but i dont find GPS always. It continues difficult to find GPS signal. mad.gifmad.gif

I expected more from Enhanced GPS...

Edited by hersos

Maybe you need to wait longer. In another forum someone said that he has seen phones that need 15 minutes to connect for the first time.

You dont understand me maybe my friend.

When i tried for first time to find GPS signal, i found satellites immediately!!! biggrin.gif

But the next few days i need a wonder to find GPS signal! mad.gif

Any help?

Guest SmaRkieS

I didn't touch my settings, I only use VisualGPS VisualGPSce, because it is easy for me to check the sattelite signals, about 3 mins i get satellite lock... make sure you are out door or open field.

I didn't touch my settings, I only use VisualGPS VisualGPSce, because it is easy for me to check the sattelite signals, about 3 mins i get satellite lock... make sure you are out door or open field.

And this program helps you to find GPS signal faster?