FIFA 12 launch on Xperia PLAY

Guest Reesters

Guest Reesters

EA Sports, the leaders in sports video games, have taken the hugely successful franchise of FIFA and made every fans dream come true.

Today sees FIFA 12 launch exclusively on Sony Ericsson's amazing gaming smartphone, the Xperia PLAY and what a launch it is! Available now and incredibly, for free (until January 2012), FIFA 12 truely enables the XPLAY's gaming capabilities to shine bright.

"This year, we've partnered with EA to bring some of it's best titles to Xperia PLAY for an unmatched mobile gaming experience," said Tim Harrison, Head of Content and Strategy at Sony Ericsson. "FIFA is a huge franchise that appeals to football fans around the world and a real highlight in a successful Autumn and Holiday season of bringing great content to Xperia PLAY"

The download is easy to find, just open your game launcher on your phone and follow the EA Sports icon.

Posted Image

To celebrate the launch and to give it a seal of approval, the guys from Kasabian, Darren Bent from Aston Villa and Umbro joined forces with Sony Ericsson to play the geekiest but incredibly brilliant game of football I have ever seen.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Further images and a review to follow.

Have any of you downloaded and had a play already? Let us know!

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest BrumBrum74

Controls don't work for me.

Restarted phone and reinstalled. Not working.

Only pass, shoot etc. buttons works. Can't find any settings that can be turned on either.

Guest Reesters

FIFA 10 works fine btw.

Have you checked to see if your XPLAY is due an update? I haven't heard of any real problems with FIFA 12 running on the Xperia PLAY but there was an OTA 2.3.4 update to build 4.0.1.A.0.42.

Guest Reesters

FIFA 12 is version 1.2.5.

Has that made a difference? The version of FIFA you are running is the latest one. TBH you shouldn't be having any problems now. Let me know...

Guest BrumBrum74

Still problem.

Tried factory reset of the phone as well.

All other games work fine with the controlbuttons. But FIFA 12 not working still with controlbuttons.

Guest Reesters

Still problem.

Tried factory reset of the phone as well.

All other games work fine with the controlbuttons. But FIFA 12 not working still with controlbuttons.

What buttons are you actually trying to use? To move player you use the 'analog sticks' and the R1 and L1, with X, Y etc to shoot and tackle...

Guest BrumBrum74

Tying to move the players with the directional buttons on the left that I used on FIFA 10 and worked fine.

The pass, shoot and tackle butttons etc. works fine.

Guest Reesters

What analog sticks? :)

Have tried to press the buttons every possible way. Should work the same way it works on FIFA 10, Bruce Lee games etc.?

The two circular, flat looking shapes in the middle of your game pad. If you run your thumbs over them your player will move.

post-913934-0-72382900-1323014610_thumb.

Guest BrumBrum74

Ok. The circular pad works. :) Thanks for the tip.

But no way to get buttons to work? Feel I'm more in control when using the buttons on FIFA 10. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.