Installed clockwork but keys wont work?

Guest admanirv

Guest Sebastian404

Get the most recent build, the power button cheat menu will work on that.

The problem is there's more hardware combinations out there than ZTE source code actually support.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Get the most recent build, the power button cheat menu will work on that.

The problem is there's more hardware combinations out there than ZTE source code actually support.

I've tried reflashing clockwork mod but with no luck. Is the codebase for this build the same as your Github? I was thinking of trying to build my own image of clockworkmod based on your code but with one of the volume keys as a select button instead. Do I just have to merge your code with koush's and then do a normal build or is it much more involved than that?

EDIT - I got this working in the end.

Edited by BrideOfTheAtom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HugoQueiriga

I've tried reflashing clockwork mod but with no luck. Is the codebase for this build the same as your Github? I was thinking of trying to build my own image of clockworkmod based on your code but with one of the volume keys as a select button instead. Do I just have to merge your code with koush's and then do a normal build or is it much more involved than that?

EDIT - I got this working in the end.

I'm having this issue, could you tell me how you got it working in the end.

My phone won't boot into OS only to CWM after doing the unlocking procedure.

:(

**edit

If I hold vol+ and press power it will go into CWM recovery where the capacitive buttons don't work.

If I use Vol- and press power it takes me into FTM.

If I don't press anything and remove battery and switch it on it goes into CWM recovery where the capacitive buttons don't work.

Is there anyway to flash back into stock?

Edited by HugoQueiriga

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

I'm having this issue, could you tell me how you got it working in the end.

My phone won't boot into OS only to CWM after doing the unlocking procedure.

:(

I had to install the latest version of clockworkmod using fastboot to get it working. Slightly confusing is that the fastboot method installs clockworkmod to a different location than the unlock did so you have to hold volume up (or down I forget which) when you power on the phone. You can tell if you are in the newer version of clockworkmod as the capacitive buttons on the vivacity will be lit up and the screen will be much brighter. From there you just install the relevant rom (I used flibblesans) and kernel for your phone.

Guest HugoQueiriga

I had to install the latest version of clockworkmod using fastboot to get it working. Slightly confusing is that the fastboot method installs clockworkmod to a different location than the unlock did so you have to hold volume up (or down I forget which) when you power on the phone. You can tell if you are in the newer version of clockworkmod as the capacitive buttons on the vivacity will be lit up and the screen will be much brighter. From there you just install the relevant rom (I used flibblesans) and kernel for your phone.

How do I get it to fastboot as once I did the unlock it just restated into CWM recovery, and it won't boot into android at the moment.

Mine lights do not switch on the buttons, I also tried cheat menu but cannot select anything. :(

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

How do I get it to fastboot as once I did the unlock it just restated into CWM recovery, and it won't boot into android at the moment.

Mine lights do not switch on the buttons, I also tried cheat menu but cannot select anything. :(

When in clockworkmod you can use adb to reboot the phone into the bootloader as in section "Installing Clockwork Mod Recovery via ADB" in this thread:

Once you have done that then you will have to hold the volume key when you power on to get into the right version of CWM recovery that you have installed. This had me stressed out but it will work once you've done this. Also given that you are having problems it probably means you have a synaptics touchscreen controller which is better than the atmel one so look on the bright side :)

Guest HugoQueiriga

I was able to fix it, could not get it install via fastboot. In the end i changed the boot image from unlock tool, it installed new cwm enabled cheat mode and use power to select. Was able to install a custom ROM.

Thanks for support!