[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Arz Bhatia

Oh crap! I didn't know gmail also returned BOXES! :o

what other problems are you having now with the old kernel?

None, just the browser and gmail boxes.

your own way are in summary the same...

yours is after flashing

mine is before flashing

Haha, yeah!

To fix the Perma-Sleep Issue for now -

Download the old .77 kernel (Boot.img) with Modules - http://www.mediafire...75ntiytn4vcyju5

Replace the files with the current ones.

1. Fastboot flash the boot.img by getting into fastboot - Power Button + Vol.Down > Fastboot
  2. Use the command - Fastboot flash boot boot.img
  3. Replace the file in the system/lib/modules into the current system/lib/modules through a root file manager or adb push it by rebooting in to recovery and mounting the system, command for adb - adb push systemlibmodulesbcm4329.ko system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko

Merry Christmas! :lol:

You forgot to copy the modules, the phone won't perform properly until you copy the content from /system/lib/modules from the .77 alpha ROM to the current one.

Are you able to do a backup in recovery and share the backup? That way we can just do a restore in recovery with your folder?

Guest JassyCliq

You can get the old zImage and pack it with koush's anykernel zip. Instead of using fastboot, but it'll require someone else to do it, I would but I'm mobile

Guest Arz Bhatia

You can get the old zImage and pack it with koush's anykernel zip. Instead of using fastboot, but it'll require someone else to do it, I would but I'm mobile

I never really managed to extract the boot.img :\

Guest down4life

Hmm. need help here... I have managed to flash boot.img, and push lib modules, but wifi is still off.. did I get something wrong?

Edited by down4life

Guest Joel lock

Hmm. need help here... I have managed to flash boot.img, and push lib modules, but wifi is still off.. did I get something wrong?

reflash it again using the same one but with the old files from 7.7 that i provided 2 posts above yours

Guest down4life

reflash it again using the same one but with the old files from 7.7 that i provided 2 posts above yours

Thanx, downloading, will try :D

From what I have now, Trip did a GREAT job, this is faast:D TNX Trip.

offtopic: Now we look like community, helping each other, working together. F

Guest ajonesma

I cant seem to download it D:? And you sure its safe? Dont want to brick my device like some unfortunate people yesterday did on xda D:

I've already downloaded it and installed it, and resetup all my settings, apps, etc. and it seems the perma sleep issue is gone! So no it will not brick your device :)

Guest eggyenergy666

I've already downloaded it and installed it, and resetup all my settings, apps, etc. and it seems the perma sleep issue is gone! So no it will not brick your device :)

thanks my dude this really helps me out:D

Guest ajonesma

I'm reuploading it give me 8m

Any changes? Because i was getting random reboots after trying to login to wordfeud, i finally was able to login though. It didnt happen with the beta downloaded from the first post.

Guest volscian

Did anyone run Antutu Benchmark on 7.7 and 8? I've noticed quite a change in the two, the ram scores went up a bit, and the 2d scores took a huge drop while the 3d scores also went down a little. I find that a little backwards given that HWA is supposed to be fully working now. Was I just getting those scores because of Trip's FPS hack from 7.7?

Since we have Sense ICS I'd think it shouldn't be too difficult to get bt and camera into AOSP. And there is an AOSP camera already, I have a copy of .zip

But blue tooth remains unavailable for AOSP as of yet.

Waiting for complete AOSP, hate sense!

Edited by Bronyr