[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Vexation

Sorry to hear that Iris is currently influencing your mood Trip. As I've said before, keep your head up! And I'm pretty sure you don't feel the way you said about her. The rom itself simply shows you still care about her! Now go get some rest and worry about the kernel fix later.

The perma-sleep thing also happens to me, so back to 7.7 for now. I look forward to a fix whenever its ready!

Thanks for this amazing beta this is the best rom I have used on my sensation to date. Trip you are an amazing person. Even though you said that you don't celebrate christmas anymore I wish you a merry christmas anyways. You are doing an awesome job, you have a beta out now so take some much earned rest please! Thanks Trip!

Guest berlintzen

Can't believe an One Man Team can do so much on making Android 4.0 possible on HTC Sensation!!!

Thank you Trip for the hard work

And Merry Xmas to you Triplaugh.gif

Guest bradyarmobile

I've been glued to Trip's Twitter for the last 2 days. The dude works hard and deserves respect. This ROM aint Beta material, it's super buggy. From the blurry text in the notification bar to the reboots from locking the screen.. I thought this was gonna be a great Christmas present. I'm sure Trip is stressed out with all the work he's been doing and some of these crazy demanding people. I am gonna flash another ICS-like ROM and go cry in my room in the fetal position until this ROM isn't buggy.

Guest K1UTCh809

guys i dont know if i am having or others the same issue but the phones has been turning off by its self or dont know if its when it locks shuts down anything wrong i am doin here?

Guest Coldfusown

First and foremost, thanks for dedicating your time to this project. I have reverted back to alpha 77 for the time being as i too am suffering the deep sleep issue, torn status bar and also the browser being all weird. I use 77 as a daily driver and am satisfied for the time being. Please take your time as you're ahead of the curve. Later!

Guest FrankOne

I have been reading this thread for the last couple of days, just for the purely amazing posts.

Most of you all treat trip as if he was a god lol. Yesterday he was really pissed of at everyone, then

he posts this rom on here that you need to pull the battery on when it falls asleep, not to mention all the

other bugs, and you still treat him like a god lol sucking up to him. Damn embarrasing if yo ask me.

Dont know why you would bother downloading a rom from someone with a temperament like his anyway.

How long will this rom last ? Not long at all, is my bet.

Whats the deal with the camera and bluetooth not working anyway? Ive tried three Sensation ICS roms

and they all have these features, and the devs are professional you dont need to suck up to them. Two of the

sense less.

How can you trust this guy?

Guest An Binh

thanks Trip!

In this case, I think he only afraid of downloading error. ( IDM...) ofcourse he trust in U, :))

Lol dont have one, secondly because you think i'm blind and stupid for not reading youre post, you aint get one either. Done with you demanding people. Flash sense if you dont trust me.

Guest Conaway

1. stop telling him what he needs to do !!!!

2. let him fix the things he wants to fix

3. if you have a problem with the rom be nice about it (he's doing this for free)

4. no other rom out is aosp like this one ..... he is far ahead of the game

5. good work bra love this rom i support you 100% (south carolina)

Guest Reaper Man

guys i dont know if i am having or others the same issue but the phones has been turning off by its self or dont know if its when it locks shuts down anything wrong i am doin here?

I'm having the same issue.

Guest Pyromatic18

I have been reading this thread for the last couple of days, just for the purely amazing posts.

Most of you all treat trip as if he was a god lol. Yesterday he was really pissed of at everyone, then

he posts this rom on here that you need to pull the battery on when it falls asleep, not to mention all the

other bugs, and you still treat him like a god lol sucking up to him. Damn embarrasing if yo ask me.

Dont know why you would bother downloading a rom from someone with a temperament like his anyway.

How long will this rom last ? Not long at all, is my bet.

Whats the deal with the camera and bluetooth not working anyway? Ive tried three Sensation ICS roms

and they all have these features, and the devs are professional you dont need to suck up to them. Two of the

sense less.

How can you trust this guy?

Man, everyone will almost always treat every dev with a lot of respect as most know that there are few people willing do this kind of work for free.

The difference between those roms and this is that they are based off of a leaked HTC base whereas this one is AOSP built from the ground up.

Guest FrankOne

Man, everyone will almost always treat every dev with a lot of respect as most know that there are few people willing do this kind of work for free.

The difference between those roms and this is that they are based off of a leaked HTC base whereas this one is AOSP built from the ground up.

People earn respect, and its not by acting like a spoilt 3 yr old kid lol.

I am aware of the difference in the origin of the rom's. But more concerned with the end product, and the future of it.

Dont want to spend $600 or $700 on a phone that crashes when it goes on sleep mode, and damn sure I want the

camera bluetooth and everything working.

good luck to you!

Guest volscian

Wow...can you say troll? Totally bad advertising, I just lost respect for all of the Virtuous works. (Not too mention having tried that rom, and how slow it feels in comparison. Just utter junk copied off yet another dev, made to seem great but really far from it.) People like you have no place here, go back to XDA and other such sites that don't care. We need to focus on Trip's rom here, and Trip's work. You want someone else's rom, go elsewhere. To hell with every other dev in the posts here. I have plenty respect for quite a few developers, and have used and continue to use a good number of other people's work, but I talk about that stuff there where it belongs. This stuff makes me sick, when someone takes so much time and effort to work on something, to make it unique, and to make it function the way it should, rather than just taking a pre baked rom and chopping it to bits then calling it his own. Do you do this in person? Do you walk into Wal-Mart, spit in the cashier's face, and tell them Target makes better stuff? Do you compare milk to orange juice and say "yeah, either one will work on my cereal, they're both the same"? Don't tell us a stripped down version of someone's ripped off version of a Sense rom is the same as a pure AOSP rom rewritten and recompiled by hand. If you want to talk serious about Trip's work, then stay here. You want to talk about someone else's work, fine, just don't do it here. It's nothing more than offensive and sickening to see the way you people want to walk all over someone who tries so hard. And on that point, for those of you that keep asking for the same fixes, he knows what needs to be done. If I were him, I'd be putting it off just to piss you off for asking a dozen times. Stop treating him like he's an idiot. Search the thread. Read the OP. Check to see if it's fixed. Check to see if someone has asked. If someone has asked, such as camera and BT, he's responded that it's a kernel issue and he's working on it, stop leaving 10 pages of "camera doesn't work, whaa" or "BT doesn't work, I need this now". Use another rom that has that stable, and wait patiently till it's done. Or build your own damn rom. So many people here want to keep complaining and demanding, yet they don't want to do anything to make it work themselves, they just expect that Trip will deliver them everything they want. Grow up, you're not 5 anymore, you can pick up a book and figure it out, or wait till someone else does. Not that this rant is even going to do any good, 95% of you will skip over it or read it and forget 5 minutes later. I just find it hard to believe that so many of you would act so demanding and self centered in person that you can do it here. Be thankful for what you have, and if you're not satisfied, be patient or leave. Simple as that.

Edited by Lancez

Guest ajonesma

This is very disrespectful to Trip! If you want to suggest other roms open up another thread, this one is for development of Trips rom now advertising others.

Edited by Lancez

This is very disrespectful to Trip! If you want to suggest other roms open up another thread, this one is for development of Trips rom now advertising others.

the post you've quoted has been deleted, if he starts posting things like this again, please report him so we can take care of it. a new account with only 2 posts dose seem suspicious

Guest ericbond

First off all Trip thank you for the time you have put into this ROM. The interface seems a lot snappier and much smoother in this new release. Only issues so far are the tearing on notifications and the deep sleep issue. In regards to the sleep issue it appears from my testing that it does not happen when hooked up to any external power source (USB, wall charger)

Guest bradyarmobile

I said earlier that Trip deserves respect and the dude is a hard worker. There's no question that anyone in this forum is closely following his great success in building this AOSP ICS ROM .. I simply meant that for the people that are disappointed that his latest release is still very buggy (and they continue to request BT, WIFI tethering, etc) that I would recommend Virtuous because it seems like a great daily driver until Trip can figure everything out. I mean it's Christmas and the dude's dog passed away, I definitely meant no disrespect .. but I applaud how a bunch of geeks lined up to defend him. That's pretty tight and stuff.

Guest Arz Bhatia

Guys, please look around for what ever your question may be, then post it. Maybe a user has already submitted a bug report or a fix or something, please don't double post.

And also, give Trip some time to fix the perma-sleep issue.

Thank you! Feliz Navidad! :)

Guest Joel lock

Anyone having issues with the gradient banding at the bottom of the screen? for example if you go to settings, the top of the screen is black and on the bottom appears some heavy banding on gradients

I am getting a weird tearing of the text at the top notification bar when new notifications change. Also, I am getting a "low storage" error also. Someone mentioned this may be because of the HWA which was apparently fixed.

Either way, that you for releasing this beta :)

Same here..other than that everything seems good