[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

do an adb logcat and post errors, or do a DMESG to help rolleyes.gif

Don't know whether this will help, but it is an excerpt from a logcat which I ctrl-C'd when Market refused to open (as it always does)

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): do_aic3254_control device: 1 mode: 0 record: 0

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): aic3254_ioctl: new_aic_rxmode 13 cur_aic_rx 29

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): aic3254_ioctl()

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): aic3254_ioctl: try ioctl 0x40047313 with arg 13

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): aic3254_ioctl: new_aic_txmode 29 cur_aic_tx 29

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): value of device and enable is 6 1

D/ConnectivityService( 1311): ConnectivityService FeatureUser binderDied(0, enableHIPRI, android.os.BinderProxy@4252c268), created 4636 mSec ago

D/ConnectivityService( 1311): stopUsingNetworkFeature: teardown net 0: enableHIPRI

W/ActivityManager( 1311): Failed to clear dns cache for: com.android.vending

I/ActivityManager( 1311): Process com.android.vending (pid 4534) has died.

W/ActivityManager( 1311): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.android.vending/.util.WorkService in 5000ms

D/ConnectivityService( 1311): ConnectivityChange for mobile_hipri: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED

D/NetworkPolicy( 1311): applying policy NetworkPolicy[NetworkTemplate: matchRule=MOBILE_ALL, subscriberId=valid]: cycleDay=5, warningBytes=2147483648, limitBytes=-1, lastSnooze=-1 to ifaces [rmnet0]

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): updateACDB: (11, 6, 0, 607)

I/HTC Acoustic( 1277): update ACDB id: (tx, rx, tx_acdb, rx_acdb) = (11, 6, 0, 607)

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): msm_route_stream(PCM_PLAY, 1, 2, 1)

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): addToTable (dec_id 1, dev_rx 6, dev_tx 65535, type 1, active 1)

D/NetworkPolicy( 1311): applying policy NetworkPolicy[NetworkTemplate: matchRule=MOBILE_ALL, subscriberId=valid]: cycleDay=5, warningBytes=2147483648, limitBytes=-1, lastSnooze=-1 to ifaces [rmnet0]

D/MP-Decision( 645): DOWN Ns:2.100000 Ts:270 rq:1.287770 seq:278 (Up time:1934)

D/ThermalDaemon( 644): CPU[1] offline

D/Tethering( 1311): Tethering got CONNECTIVITY_ACTION

D/Tethering( 1311): MasterInitialState.processMessage what=3

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::standby()

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): Deroute pcm out stream

D/Tethering( 1311): Tethering got CONNECTIVITY_ACTION

D/Tethering( 1311): MasterInitialState.processMessage what=3

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): deleteFromTable, type 1

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): updateDeviceInfo: E rx_device 6 and tx_device 11

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): No active voicecall/playback, disabling cur_rx 6

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): value of device and enable is 6 0

D/StatsUploadService( 1485): Upload disabled

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): No active voicecall/recording, disabling cur_tx 11

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): value of device and enable is 11 0

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): updateDeviceInfo: X cur_rx 6 cur_tx 11

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): do_aic3254_control device: 1 mode: 0 record: 0

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): aic3254_ioctl: new_aic_rxmode 29 cur_aic_rx 13

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): aic3254_ioctl: try ioctl 0x40047313 with arg 29

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): aic3254_ioctl: new_aic_txmode 29 cur_aic_tx 29

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): aic3254_powerdown

D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1277): aic3254_ioctl: try ioctl 0x40047325 with arg 0

D/StatsUploadService( 1485): Upload disabled

E/TelephonyManager( 1485): Hidden constructor called more than once per process!

E/TelephonyManager( 1485): Original: com.google.android.location, new: com.google.android.gsf

D/MP-Decision( 645): UP Nw:2.700000 Tw:180 rq:3.500000 seq:210

dkeppy

Guest remiGOD

Hello people.

This is my FIRST post on this forum and i want it to be THANK YOU Trip for the oportunity to test ICS and the incredible job you have done so far.

I hope you will make the camera work (so i can use camscanner). Other then that, Alpha 3 worked almost perfectly for me (other then some FC's and reboots -wich i can live with)

My point wasn't that people are using it as a daily driver, Just saying things like "Next release if this is fixed ill use it as my daily".

Suggesting they should be able to use it as a daily use ROM

@Dkeppy have you tried clearing market cache via manage applications> Clear data?

Guest Denver Pedro

Can you tell me a bit about those. i'm really quite interested in those enhancements.

Sure, Google has included the ability to load client certificates into the OS and have apps use them. My corporate Exchange server requires client certificate authentication so it's always been necessary to use a 3rd party e-mail app for our corporate e-mail on Android (the three apps I'm aware of are TouchDown, Secure EAS and Enhanced Email; all have their strengths and weaknesses the common weakness being that you have to install a 3rd party app to get e-mail).

With 4.0/ICS Google included that client certificate functionality so now in the e-mail app you can load a client cert and use it to authenticate your device to the server. My understanding is that you'll be able to use it to authenticate to other sources as well like WiFi which I believe you could do in the past but now all apps can use it (I'll caveat that last statement with "I think"). Regardless; I was able to test successfully using Trip's Alpha 4 ROM and sync e-mail with my corporate exchange server.

This is a bit off-topic so if you want more info PM me and I'll get you more detail.

Guest dragonraelms

Does anybody else's device not boot at all with Alpha 4 (even with multiple reinstalls)?

Nope, you might have a corrupt file, try re-downloading or use another mirror

Meeeh

I know its alpha work, and I want to thank you for your hard work.

«works from S004 altough it is causing lockups/soft reboot once a while»

Once a while? I couldn't use if for more than 1minute because it freezes all the time.

Market instant crashes because of a permission error....

Probably a ICS bug but Wifi does not want to work for me.

I have a unencrypted hidden Wifi, it connects and says «avoided because poor internet connection» (internet works perfectly) and after that goes «Not in range»

Edited by mopodo

Guest staymunch

Meeeh

I know its alpha work, and I want to thank you for your hard work.

Once a while? I couldn't use if for more than 1minute because it freezes all the time.

Market instant crashes because of a permission error....

Probably a ICS bug but Wifi does not want to work for me.

I have a unencrypted hidden Wifi, it connects and says «avoided because poor internet connection» (internet works perfectly) and after that goes «Not in range»

U NEED TO USE A STATIC IPohmy.gif

Guest rajackar

Sure, Google has included the ability to load client certificates into the OS and have apps use them. My corporate Exchange server requires client certificate authentication so it's always been necessary to use a 3rd party e-mail app for our corporate e-mail on Android (the three apps I'm aware of are TouchDown, Secure EAS and Enhanced Email; all have their strengths and weaknesses the common weakness being that you have to install a 3rd party app to get e-mail).

With 4.0/ICS Google included that client certificate functionality so now in the e-mail app you can load a client cert and use it to authenticate your device to the server. My understanding is that you'll be able to use it to authenticate to other sources as well like WiFi which I believe you could do in the past but now all apps can use it (I'll caveat that last statement with "I think"). Regardless; I was able to test successfully using Trip's Alpha 4 ROM and sync e-mail with my corporate exchange server.

This is a bit off-topic so if you want more info PM me and I'll get you more detail.

Thanks for the response. That's some very useful info and I'll keep it in mind when dealing with exchange deployments (and other apps). Good to hear you were able to test it successfully.

Guest Nadavon

some people at xda r saying that Trip's ICS rom development is no more. they r saying that Trip ended it.

please tell me it isnt so!

Trip, r u still with us?

please do me a favor and release a hell of a 5th alpha version that will shut some mouths.

some people just forget how they started, or just playin stupid cause of jealousy.

TRIP, I'M WITH YOU (AND NOT AGAINST ANYBODY ELSE)!

ANYBODY ELSE WITH ME ON THIS? let's give our support!

Guest twomix9900

some people at xda r saying that Trip's ICS rom development is no more. they r saying that Trip ended it.

Trip, r u still with us?

please do me a favor and release a hell of a 5th alpha version that will shut some mouths.

some people just forget how they started, or just playin stupid cause of jealousy.

Demanding a dev to release something isn't exactly a way to show your support for him, FYI

Guest Nadavon

Demanding a dev to release something isn't exactly a way to show your support for him, FYI

it's not demanding - ..."favor"... + compliment ..."hell of a 5th alpha version"

sorry if someone got me wrong but i thought that u all get that it's more of an encouragement.

Guest davidevan84

Hey man no worries I didnt find it demanding at all...Sometimes I think its just hard to tell expression meant in text is all. No harm done and I agree I hope Trip didnt quit on this for the 2nd time lol.

it's not demanding - ..."favor"... + compliment ..."hell of a 5th alpha version"

sorry if someone got me wrong but i thought that u all get that it's more of an encouragement.

Guest staymunch

Trip, r u still with us?

didn't seem demanding to me more of just words of encouragement wink.gif

Guest TripNRaVeR

I'm hoping to enjoy some of those four days of holiday/non-work he had coming to him!

I'm allready at work again.

Got a call yesterday that one of my 3 contracts is ending in the next months so i can choose a new phone :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of the Amaze but i heard something about a quad core htc, that is even more nice, if its available soon then i will choose it offcourse

I'm allready at work again.Got a call yesterday that one of my 3 contracts is ending in the next months so i can choose a new phone :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of the Amaze but i heard something about a quad core htc, that is even more nice, if its available soon then i will choose it offcourse

I think if you wait until CES (Jan. 10-13, 2012) you'll see the handset manufacturers new products.. there are certainly a bunch of quad core phones on their way.. HTC Edge.. Samsung Galaxy S3.. All certain to be amazing. I've bought the Galaxy Nexus and will buy something else in the summer.

Guest berlintzen

I'm allready at work again.

Got a call yesterday that one of my 3 contracts is ending in the next months so i can choose a new phone :rolleyes:

Not considering Google Nexus Prime?