[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest atticus182

Yes! :blink: Seems that i need to stick with the Sensation still some time, nothing better available here.

+1 totally agree with that, I'm waiting for the new HTC flagship too, hopefully one with quadcore (but also tegra?!) and a 720p screen, awesomeness!

Guest TripNRaVeR

Just a quick question Trip. Are you working on DHCP for WiFi? If not I was considering having a look at that using your alpha 4.

I'm currently working on a stability upgrade with no hw acceleration and/or any links to it. I'm porting my 2.3.7 ICS EGL to this rom. That should make it stable for daily use. DHCP is no prio at this point, the problem is probably inside libnetutils and/or the kernel.

Guest Arz Bhatia

I'm currently working on a stability upgrade with no hw acceleration and/or any links to it. I'm porting my 2.3.7 ICS EGL to this rom. That should make it stable for daily use. DHCP is no prio at this point, the problem is probably inside libnetutils and/or the kernel.

Take your time this time Trip :)

Guest khanleyk

we will see soon a release from Kmobs according to his post last night..

plus.google.com/113702637309752822154/posts

What about that makes you think he'll release soon?

Guest BummAround

we will see soon a release from Kmobs according to his post last night..

plus.google.com/113702637309752822154/posts

The army of trolls with new nick/username and only 1-2 posts....wow!

"Soon" as in between the World War 3 and the eternity, mate !? :rolleyes:

Guest Joel lock

What about that makes you think he'll release soon?

he doesn't have no more coding to code therefore a release is on its way..

The army of trolls with new nick/username and only 1-2 posts....wow!

"Soon" as in between the World War 3 and the eternity, mate !? :rolleyes:

watch out everyone..his insignificant brain might implode on him

Guest TripNRaVeR

he doesn't have no more coding to code therefore a release is on its way..

watch out everyone..his insignificant brain might implode on him

Excuse me but, how long do we hear "soon it will be released" actually? just saying :)

And then people dare to complain about me saying i'm going to release.. LOL

ps. i can remember something about "1st rule" and "never ask" and "eta"

I must be mistaken, i tought that CM had a slogan like that? Or was it Google? :huh:

Excuse me but, how long do we hear "soon it will be released" actually? just saying

And then people dare to complain about me saying i'm going to release.. LOL

ps. i can remember something about "1st rule" and "never ask" and "eta"

I must be mistaken, i tought that CM had a slogan like that? Or was it Google?

Don't worry about them.... Just do you. You doing well on your own... Looking forward to running this fulltime

Guest slightlyjack

um. Where's the download link? The ones in the Original Post aren't complete.

Found it :) Sorry about this post.

Edited by slightlyjack

Guest Zeemclaren

I know i have done everything right, download the the 4th Alpha release

I have used it for 5 mins and got 5 reboots

I will wait for a better more stable release.

There goes the sixth reboot.

Edit: 7th...

Still, good luck with finishing it

Edited by Zeemclaren

Guest Louis Santos

I know i have done everything right, download the the 4th Alpha release

I have used it for 5 mins and got 5 reboots

I will wait for a better more stable release.

There goes the sixth reboot.

Edit: 7th...

Still, good luck with finishing it

Hey buddy just so you know, this is alpha version and is not meant to be anywhere near a daily driver. This is also the ONLY bootable ICS rom for sensation so it's more a taste and example of great dev if anything else.

Guest rajackar

I actually used it for the better part of the day today. Only got a few reboots. It seems that it is a lot less prone to reboots when you're not constantly jumping through menus. I tried tingling with some memory settings. At first that seemed to stabilize it a bit but at the next reboot the phone was hanging completely. Better leave the deving to the devs so to speak ;) After getting a glimpse of what the devs are dealing with getting this to work it made me respect their even more. Maybe we should stop demanding eta's and better builds and show some appreciation. You can always buy trip a beer using the link in his Sig ;)

Edit:

Might as well make good on that last suggestion ;)

88P12339D8264280F

Edited by rajackar

Guest manelriells

People on xda are waiting for miuius 1.12.2 all day and night.... when some guy told he was running it and was Trip's rom, people went crazy shouting that posting,talking,even knowing Trip was cause of permanent ban on xda....It's so funny,every goal of trip turn xda more pathetical,you should respect everyone and everything,losers...salute

Guest Denver Pedro

I actually used it for the better part of the day today. Only got a few reboots. It seems that it is a lot less prone to reboots when you're not constantly jumping through menus. I tried tingling with some memory settings. At first that seemed to stabilize it a bit but at the next reboot the phone was hanging completely. Better leave the deving to the devs so to speak ;) After getting a glimpse of what the devs are dealing with getting this to work it made me respect their even more. Maybe we should stop demanding eta's and better builds and show some appreciation. You can always buy trip a beer using the link in his Sig ;)

Edit:

Might as well make good on that last suggestion ;)

88P12339D8264280F

Agreed, I found that it froze up and rebooted while I was setting things up (I didn't spend too much time; just a few apps) and then it settled down quite a bit. Not a daily driver as was previously discussed but it's fantastic to be able to poke around; I'm psyched for a release stable enough to be a daily driver.

Guest rajackar

People on xda are waiting for miuius 1.12.2 all day and night.... when some guy told he was running it and was Trip's rom, people went crazy shouting that posting,talking,even knowing Trip was cause of permanent ban on xda....It's so funny,every goal of trip turn xda more pathetical,you should respect everyone and everything,losers...salute

Might I point out that posting this about xda here is quite a bit like them posting about trip?

Imho this is getting a bit out of hand.

I really hope this hole thing blows over and we can go back to having devs do great work and other people showing respect both here and on xda, which is a great community with some awesome devs. Sadly the ones who are shouting the loudest are often only a small group and ruining a lot for everyone else.