[ROM] TXG (CM6.1 mod), updated 2012 02 02

Guest twrock

GPS: I tried already but no success so far...

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!" ;)

Really, the GPS icon bug is just cosmetic; no functionality is affected (I think). Personally I think it would be even better if the camera bug was fixed so all camera apps would work (not just the built-in camera app that anegin patched). But at least there is a way to get everything to "work" in this rom.

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!" ;)

Really, the GPS icon bug is just cosmetic; no functionality is affected (I think). Personally I think it would be even better if the camera bug was fixed so all camera apps would work (not just the built-in camera app that anegin patched). But at least there is a way to get everything to "work" in this rom.

Could you give me a (market) link to a 3rd party camera app that reproducably crashes?

I believe I do not have the camera bug in my own build of cm6... I would like to have an app that crashes on TXG06 / TXG07 for testing...

Could you give me a (market) link to a 3rd party camera app that reproducably crashes?

I believe I do not have the camera bug in my own build of cm6... I would like to have an app that crashes on TXG06 / TXG07 for testing...

Here's one I tried today: Retro Camera by Urbian

Make sure you set it on the highest resolution. It crashed once the third picture, and once on the second picture (after a reboot).

Here's one I tried today: Retro Camera by Urbian

Make sure you set it on the highest resolution. It crashed once the third picture, and once on the second picture (after a reboot).

I have tried Camera360 which can work in case of resolution 1600x1200 but crashed when working in highest resolution. Once crashed, the apps can't be restarted again until reboot.

Furthermore, GPS would not appear on the status bar.

My phone is U8220+, from PCCW and I just upgraded from TW5a to TW7.

Thanks for the working.

To provide some reference on U8220+ about the partition size, please find the following dump:

# df -k

df -k

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs 109524 12 109512 0% /dev

tmpfs 109524 0 109524 0% /mnt/asec

/dev/block/mtdblock4 174080 104876 69204 60% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock6 207232 69192 138040 33% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock5 71680 1584 70096 2% /cache

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 253871 41258 199506 17% /sd-ext

/dev/block/vold/179:1

7677024 6365536 1311488 83% /mnt/sdcard

/dev/block/vold/179:1

7677024 6365536 1311488 83% /mnt/secure/asec

#

Edited by smhui

Other than the MAC issue for WiFi, please also check if same issue for 3G network:

# arp

arp

? (10.148.235.45) at 02:50:f3:00:00:00 [ether] on rmnet0

# netcfg

netcfg

lo UP 127.0.0.1 255.0.0.0 0x00000049

dummy0 DOWN 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0x00000082

rmnet0 UP 10.148.235.46 255.255.255.252 0x00001043

rmnet1 DOWN 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0x00001002

rmnet2 DOWN 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0x00001002

tunl0 DOWN 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0x00000080

sit0 DOWN 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0x00000080

eth0 DOWN 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0x00001002

#

Guest Jorgemongan

I tried again with a clean 2.1 ROM and the clockwork 2.5.0.7 and i think that it's working well

When I used a little more time I report bugs.

Thank

I have gone back and verified that there is no reference in this rom's update script to "backuptool.sh". That is something that is referenced in most CM based roms update script, but I have removed all references to it in this rom from the first time I uploaded it (version 05).

Are you absolutely sure you have downloaded this rom (TXG07) and are installing it without any modifications on your part?

I have no explanation of how it is possible for you to see that error if you are installing the TXG rom that I uploaded. If it happens for you, it should be happening for everyone who tries to install it.

Ok, it's official. TXG07 and TXG-TW07 links have been added to the first post.

Note: TXG-TW07 requires that you have a /system partition greater than 100mb. So you must have updated to either the TRE or CHT8000 official roms prior to installing TXG-TW07. There are links in the first post for those two official roms.

Changelog in the second post.

Edited by twrock

Guest mustafa_ale

Ok, it's official. TXG07 and TXG-TW07 links have been added to the first post.

Note: TXG-TW07 requires that you have a /system partition greater than 100mb. So you must have updated to either the TRE or CHT8000 official roms prior to installing TXG-TW07. There are links in the first post for those two official roms.

what the new improvement? wifi reconnect?

Twrock, have u try data2ext running on TXG07?

i've tried today but not succesfull, i already delete dt a2sd file before, may be i'm missing file to delete.

cant u remove dta2sd from this ROM?

thanks

Edited by mustafa_ale

what the new improvement? wifi reconnect?

Twrock, have u try data2ext running on TXG07?

i've tried today but not succesfull, i already delete dt a2sd file before, may be i'm missing file to delete.

cant u remove dta2sd from this ROM?

thanks

No, I haven't tried it on this rom. And, sorry, I'm not convinced that data2ext is better, so I'm not interested in doing all that work. But if you are interested, certainly, it is possible to removed DT A2SD from this rom. The basic idea would be to unzip the rom, look at the update script for all references to files related to DT A2SD and then remove all of those files out of the rom and delete all of those lines in the update script. Re-zip and install.

But, much easier than that would be for you to go back to the "Basic CM6.1" install thread: http://android.modac...-modifications/

There you have Tom's rom, with most of the bug fixes already done, but with no DT A2SD or gapps. Then you can start from there to build your own rom and do whatever you want with it.

Happy modding! :D

(Personally, I'm hoping dr.flo is going to get any even better CM6 rom working for us shortly.)

Edit: I just thought of another rom for you to start with. Have a look at Antonio's CM Plus rom. IIRC, he also didn't integrate DT A2SD in the rom.

Edited by twrock

Hi twrock, first I would like to say that all of your roms work perfectly and I am very grateful to you for making my pulse usable. Secondly, I would like to ask you why I don't have an option for adding live wallpapers? I am using txg06 version and when I choose Add - Wallpapers I don't have the option for live wallpapers and I would really like to have it. Could you tell me how can I make this happen? Thank you in advance.

Hi twrock, first I would like to say that all of your roms work perfectly and I am very grateful to you for making my pulse usable. Secondly, I would like to ask you why I don't have an option for adding live wallpapers? I am using txg06 version and when I choose Add - Wallpapers I don't have the option for live wallpapers and I would really like to have it. Could you tell me how can I make this happen? Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, I remove live wallpapers from my roms. I do that because live wallpapers require more power and slow the system down. But if you still want to use them anyway, here is the app. Download the file below, rename it to LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, and install it. But I have not ever done this myself, so if there is a problem, let me know.

LiveWallpapersPicker.apk.zip

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, I remove live wallpapers from my roms. I do that because live wallpapers require more power and slow the system down. But if you still want to use them anyway, here is the app. Download the file below, rename it to LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, and install it. But I have not ever done this myself, so if there is a problem, let me know.

LiveWallpapersPicker.apk.zip

Thanks twrock works like a charm.

• 3 weeks later...

twrock could you post the TRE rom again since when using the link that you have posted earlier says bad package. Thank you ina advance again.

Which link are you using? The one I uploaded to Mediafire is working fine. Try downloading it again from the link in the first post.

Incidentally, if you wait for about 20 minutes, I'll give you a link to a beta of a new CM6 rom that should replace TXG very nicely. I don't promise that I will do anything to support this beta rom, but it is the rom I am using right now, and it is based on dr.flo's work of porting CM6 for our U8220/U8230.

Edit:

As promised, here it is: http://www.mediafire...g8202s7q7813oqt

It is the base rom with modification (deletions, replacements, additions) and with a minimal set of Google apps included. All apps are updated to latest versions, except QuickPic (the author is currently updating to a new version and QuickPic is changing daily). DT Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 should be flashed separately, if desired. This has been my successful installation sequence:

1. Boot into CW Recovery 2.5.0.7 and make a backup of your current rom

2. Full wipe of all data

3. Install Styx rom

4. Reboot into the new rom and complete initial setup.

5. Reboot into CW Recovery and flash DT Apps2SD

6. Reboot and set up your phone according to previous suggestions for setting up TXG (second post in this thread).

Note: There are no extra apps added to /data. You are on your own at this point to install all other third-party apps yourself. So, for example, you will want to install SetMACaddress yourself. (I did not put it into /system since it is only needed once and then you can delete it.) I also recommend you install Ghostly SMS and then turn off "Lock SMS in memory" from withing CM Settings. Finally, you need to start GScriptLite and add the camswith script to the list as per dr.flo's instructions if you want to be able to switch between the front and back cameras (the GScriptLite app and camswitch script file are already present in this rom).

Good luck.

Edited by twrock

Which link are you using? The one I uploaded to Mediafire is working fine. Try downloading it again from the link in the first post.

Incidentally, if you wait for about 20 minutes, I'll give you a link to a beta of a new CM6 rom that should replace TXG very nicely. I don't promise that I will do anything to support this beta rom, but it is the rom I am using right now, and it is based on dr.flo's work of porting CM6 for our U8220/U8230.

Edit:

As promised, here it is: http://www.mediafire...g8202s7q7813oqt

It is the base rom with modification (deletions, replacements, additions) and with a minimal set of Google apps included. All apps are updated to latest versions, except QuickPic (the author is currently updating to a new version and QuickPic is changing daily). DT Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 should be flashed separately, if desired. This has been my successful installation sequence:

1. Boot into CW Recovery 2.5.0.7 and make a backup of your current rom

2. Full wipe of all data

3. Install Styx rom

4. Reboot into the new rom and complete initial setup.

5. Reboot into CW Recovery and flash DT Apps2SD

6. Reboot and set up your phone according to previous suggestions for setting up TXG (second post in this thread).

Note: There are no extra apps added to /data. You are on your own at this point to install all other third-party apps yourself. So, for example, you will want to install SetMACaddress yourself. (I did not put it into /system since it is only needed once and then you can delete it.) I also recommend you install Ghostly SMS and then turn off "Lock SMS in memory" from withing CM Settings. Finally, you need to start GScriptLite and add the camswith script to the list as per dr.flo's instructions if you want to be able to switch between the front and back cameras (the GScriptLite app and camswitch script file are already present in this rom).

Good luck.

Another quality rom Twrock , I will run it for a while to check battery life . Many Thanks

In my recent experience, one way to "stabilize" the CPU and increase battery life is to turn off screen rotation in Settings>Display.

I am testing the next beta version of the Styx rom. The biggest change is intended to be the replacement of the boot.img with the .32 kernel created by Pier. If you want to test it yourself, just download the .32 boot.img dr.flo uploaded in the CM6-clean rom thread and flash it with CW Recovery. The other changes I've made for the next beta version are very minimal anyway.

Edit: In my testing of the .32 kernel version of Styx, I encountered serious wifi problem over time. This was confirmed by dr.flo. So use the .32 kernel at your own risk. I have reverted to the first beta of Styx-20120226a. So at the moment I have no plans to release the next version with the .32 kernel.

Edited by twrock

I'm happy to see that my work on cm6 is making its way into custom ROMs, because there will always be something that can be tweaked a little more!

I have one question that came to my mind some time ago, but I have no answer yet. Maybe you know better. Why is ADW.Launcher the default launcher in CM? What's the benefit of it? I've read things like this reporting better memory usage of stock Launcher2. If there's no specific pro argument for ADW, we might be better off using the default launcher - availiable e.g. from um840 rom.

What's your opinion on this?

Edited by dr.flo

I'd guess that launcher is open source and a part of CM project.

While Launcher2 is a piece of proprietary software (?)

The whole point of have projects open is to allow it's customizations, improvements, adoption to new hardware. That what makes CM (and Android in general) so popular, compared to closed source Windows Mobile for example, or iPhone.

If not open source licensing, no one would have .32 kernel for example in the moment for our device...

But all that should not prevent any customizations of CM of course

While Launcher2 is a piece of proprietary software (?)

I agree on your opinion regarding open source - but no, it's stock android launcher. The source is open. It is even present in CM source tree, just not used.

I think ADW was picked because it would allow more "fancy" stuff - of course at the price of something like memory usage. CM is not specially optimized for low end devices, although cm6 performs quite well on our phone.

Edited by dr.flo

Hi Twrock , followed your instructions for installing this rom except for the A2SD , I flashed this to the phone before rebooting the rom for the first time . After first boot I send Dalvick cache to SD and now after installing all my usual junk I still have 80.59 mb free space on my phones internal memory - amazing ! Dr Flo's camera fix works a treat too . Have switched off rotation as suggested so will run this rom for a while but first impressions are excellent . Great work from Dr Flo and yourself

I think ADW was picked because it would allow more "fancy" stuff - of course at the price of something like memory usage. CM is not specially optimized for low end devices, although cm6 performs quite well on our phone.

I agree, but not just "fancy" stuff, very useful functionality as well. I particularly like the very useful hidden dock bar. YMMV, but I prefer ADW for multiple reasons.

According to the author of that linked post, in his testing ADW was significantly higher in ram usage. Maybe because the processes were multiple I had not seen how large it was in total.

In my Styx mod, I updated the version of ADWLauncher that was used in your CM6-clean rom.

Edited by twrock

Hi Twrock , followed your instructions for installing this rom except for the A2SD , I flashed this to the phone before rebooting the rom for the first time . After first boot I send Dalvick cache to SD and now after installing all my usual junk I still have 80.59 mb free space on my phones internal memory - amazing ! Dr Flo's camera fix works a treat too . Have switched off rotation as suggested so will run this rom for a while but first impressions are excellent . Great work from Dr Flo and yourself

That's good news to hear. Thanks for confirming you can flash A2SD immediately after flashing the rom. I added that extra boot/reboot because in some early trials, something was going wrong and that was the only way I was getting things to work. But I've made a lot of changes since then, and it looks like it fixed itself.

I just booted my next release candidate and will test it for a while before uploading it. But it will not add anything significant to the first version + the .32 kernel. I will start a new thread for the first "official" release. For the sake of those who dislike DT Apps2SD, I'll keep that as a separate install step (at least for now).

Guest baazellbub

Hi anything about working adobe flash(one that doesn't crush our browsers. I am saying this because on lg gt540 armv6 flash works perfect), and multitouch(dual touch or pinch to zoom).