[ROM] TXG (CM6.1 mod), updated 2012 02 02

Guest twrock

Hi anything about working adobe flash(one that doesn't crush our browsers. I am saying this because on lg gt540 armv6 flash works perfect), and multitouch(dual touch or pinch to zoom).

Officially the flash doesn't supported on that phone too. It has Adreno 200 GPU. But it's far better then the Adreno 130 in the Pulse.

Flash is supported on Adreno 205 or above.

http://en.wikipedia....aming_to_Adreno

Edited by rhen

Which link are you using? The one I uploaded to Mediafire is working fine. Try downloading it again from the link in the first post.

I place the dload folder on the root of my SD card. Then I press and hold POWER + RED (End Call) + VOLUME UP. It says preparing update and immediately after that it says Update failed. Is this happening because I don't have AmonRa Recovery installed or it has nothing to do with it? The last official update that I installed was the UK update and everything was working fine. Now I can't install the TRE update and it is so frustrating. Could you help me twrock. Thank you very much.

I just booted my next release candidate and will test it for a while before uploading it. But it will not add anything significant to the first version + the .32 kernel. I will start a new thread for the first "official" release. For the sake of those who dislike DT Apps2SD, I'll keep that as a separate install step (at least for now).

In my testing of the .32 kernel version of Styx, I encountered serious wifi problems over time. This was confirmed by dr.flo. So use the .32 kernel at your own risk. I have reverted to the first beta of Styx-20120226a, which has the .29 kernel. So at the moment I have no plans to release the next version with the .32 kernel.

As always, my roms are perpetually in beta. ;)

I place the dload folder on the root of my SD card. Then I press and hold POWER + RED (End Call) + VOLUME UP. It says preparing update and immediately after that it says Update failed. Is this happening because I don't have AmonRa Recovery installed or it has nothing to do with it? The last official update that I installed was the UK update and everything was working fine. Now I can't install the TRE update and it is so frustrating. Could you help me twrock. Thank you very much.

What Recovery you have installed has nothing to do with flashing an official dload/updata.app. That Recovery will be replaced by flashing the official rom anyway.

But while we discussing Recovery versions, make sure you end up using Clockwork Recovery v.2.5.0.7 (link in the first post), not AmonRA to install the modified roms I have uploaded.

Back to your other question. First, I have gone between Tre and UK and back again a number of times. So, worry not, it is possible. ;)

Here are some other thoughts:

• Have you referenced the Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide (link in my signature)?
  • Are you putting the UPDATA.APP file into the /dload folder on your SD card and nothing else?
  • Download Tre again. Maybe you got an incomplete download file the first time.
  • If none of that works, look at the Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide under the sections where it explains how to revert to 1.5 using the "time machine". BUT, you do not need to flash a 1.5 rom after using the time machine. You only need to immediately replace the time machine's /dload/updata.app with the /dload/updata.app from the 2.1 official update you are trying to flash, and then flash that. Note: The "time machine" is not a full rom. Do not try to boot into it after flashing it. You will be wasting your time.

Good luck

Guest tchelobh

Hi!

I've partitioned my sd with clockworkMod Recovery, as 1gb EXT/ 0 swap, but i cant install apps in my SD! There's any workaround i have to do to make my apps2sd works? I was using CM7.2 with data2ext, i'm new to Dt Apps2sd.

Guest twrock

Hi!

I've partitioned my sd with clockworkMod Recovery, as 1gb EXT/ 0 swap, but i cant install apps in my SD! There's any workaround i have to do to make my apps2sd works? I was using CM7.2 with data2ext, i'm new to Dt Apps2sd.

I've had trouble getting the card formatting to work correctly when using CW Recovery. I know others have had no problem that way, but it gave me trouble. There is a link in the first post to how to format the card using Windows or Linux.

Check to make sure you formatted it to EXT2, not EXT3 or EXT4. Only EXT2 will work.

If you have it formatted correctly, DT Apps2SD will just work.

Without more information, I can't think of why else it isn't working.

Guest Moskito204

Hi guys,

Today, i've installed this rom on my U8230 (TMN A1), it look cool, and fast, but, i've a problem when trying to install applications from the market or from sd.

As soon as the installation process starts the rom blocks and restarts.

i've an ext of 256mb and a swap of 64mb

some tips?

Guest twrock

Hi guys,

Today, i've installed this rom on my U8230 (TMN A1), it look cool, and fast, but, i've a problem when trying to install applications from the market or from sd.

As soon as the installation process starts the rom blocks and restarts.

i've an ext of 256mb and a swap of 64mb

some tips?

What official update did you use before installing this rom? (If you have the U8230, you should flash an official U8230 rom as your base before installing TXG.)

Click on the link in my signature for "installation problems" and read that post.

Search this thread for information about the Market not working. Others have suggested solutions that worked for them. (Since I never had this problem, I don't remember what other people did, but there is information here.)

You can try to delete the cache and data for the Market app and see if that solves it.

Also, there are lots of tips in the second post of this thread.

Edited by twrock

Guest Moskito204

What official update did you use before installing this rom? (If you have the U8230, you should flash an official U8230 rom as your base before installing TXG.)

Click on the link in my signature for "installation problems" and read that post.

Search this thread for information about the Market not working. Others have suggested solutions that worked for them. (Since I never had this problem, I don't remember what other people did, but there is information here.)

You can try to delete the cache and data for the Market app and see if that solves it.

Also, there are lots of tips in the second post of this thread.

Hi,

Just before installing this version, i really dont now what rom i was installed ( i think that i've a cyanogen 6 / 6.1 or a 7.2 ), but before those i had an official android 2.1 from TMN (portugal network).

But, i've some problems with the installations of many roms, and my sd card just broke down, and now i've again, and almost clean the TMN version of Eclair.

Is there any problem with that, or should i go to other version to install this one later?

About the market, it's not the question of market dont work, because it works. The rom just stops every time i tried to install an application ( from sd card or market) and about that i didn't find anything on the previous posts.

Thank you and sorry about my poor english.

Moskito204

Guest twrock

Hi,

Just before installing this version, i really dont now what rom i was installed ( i think that i've a cyanogen 6 / 6.1 or a 7.2 ), but before those i had an official android 2.1 from TMN (portugal network).

But, i've some problems with the installations of many roms, and my sd card just broke down, and now i've again, and almost clean the TMN version of Eclair.

Is there any problem with that, or should i go to other version to install this one later?

About the market, it's not the question of market dont work, because it works. The rom just stops every time i tried to install an application ( from sd card or market) and about that i didn't find anything on the previous posts.

Thank you and sorry about my poor english.

Moskito204

There might be special issues with the TMN phone/base 2.1 rom that I do not understand. I hope someone else who has been successful with that phone can help you.

All I can suggest is that you reinstall your official TMN 2.1 rom update, and start over. But that might not really take care of all your problems. Are you sure you have followed the instructions in the first post exactly as they are written?

I suggest you wait to see if someone else with the TMN phone can help you.

There might be special issues with the TMN phone/base 2.1 rom that I do not understand. I hope someone else who has been successful with that phone can help you.

All I can suggest is that you reinstall your official TMN 2.1 rom update, and start over. But that might not really take care of all your problems. Are you sure you have followed the instructions in the first post exactly as they are written?

I suggest you wait to see if someone else with the TMN phone can help you.

I also have a TMN a1, is a u8230, and it was with a official TMN 2.1 rom, since a long time ago i have been changing rom's without problems, i never need to start up form a special rom to install a rom that i wont.

Don't get angry, but i would bet in this sentence from twrock "Are you sure you have followed the instructions in the first post exactly as they are written?"

i know it's a lot of words to read in the instructions, and it takes a lot of time, but that takes much more time and work for those that make the instructions and build these wonderful rom's.

Just some tips: make sure that your sd card is ok, that you make correctly your partitions if you are using dark termor apps2sd. Some time ago i had a problem when i put my micro sd card in adapter an connected to my windows, it changed something (it was not a virus) and my applications didn't work, i remember that i had to formatted again.

Good luck!

Guest Moskito204

I also have a TMN a1, is a u8230, and it was with a official TMN 2.1 rom, since a long time ago i have been changing rom's without problems, i never need to start up form a special rom to install a rom that i wont.

Don't get angry, but i would bet in this sentence from twrock "Are you sure you have followed the instructions in the first post exactly as they are written?"

i know it's a lot of words to read in the instructions, and it takes a lot of time, but that takes much more time and work for those that make the instructions and build these wonderful rom's.

Just some tips: make sure that your sd card is ok, that you make correctly your partitions if you are using dark termor apps2sd. Some time ago i had a problem when i put my micro sd card in adapter an connected to my windows, it changed something (it was not a virus) and my applications didn't work, i remember that i

had to formatted again.

Good luck!

i really think i made everything by the book. but i dont promise anything. xD

ok i'll try to do it again with all atention as possible. is it possible that the micro sd not well formatted create this problem?

is there any win application to format the sd in the partitions we should have?

i'll apreciate any tips you could give me.

thanks

Moskito204

i really think i made everything by the book. but i dont promise anything. xD

ok i'll try to do it again with all atention as possible. is it possible that the micro sd not well formatted create this problem?

is there any win application to format the sd in the partitions we should have?

i'll apreciate any tips you could give me.

thanks

Moskito204

i don´t know any win application to do that, but you can use ubuntu live cd without install it, there you have gparted to make the partitions.

In the pass i had already make my sd partitions with Rom manager and with ubuntu without any problem.

Guest Moskito204

i don´t know any win application to do that, but you can use ubuntu live cd without install it, there you have gparted to make the partitions.

In the pass i had already make my sd partitions with Rom manager and with ubuntu without any problem.

i'm asking it because a i think last time a tried to format my sd with rom manager it upgrade automatically to version 3 and i think that could be a problem ( from reading in the forum about incompatibilities).

but if you can guide me throw that i'll be glad. xD

Thanks

Guest avenn

I installed this ROM following the instructions but over a period from two days the phone went two times stuck when I was making a call. You can still keep talking but the screen and/or buttons don't react anymore. The only solution is pulling the battery. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks

Guest twrock

i'm asking it because a i think last time a tried to format my sd with rom manager it upgrade automatically to version 3 and i think that could be a problem ( from reading in the forum about incompatibilities).

but if you can guide me throw that i'll be glad. xD

Thanks

I have not had good experiences formatting my card with RomManager or Recovery. YMMV.

Gparted, as mentioned, has been the best for me.

There is a link in the first post with instructions on how to format the SD card with Windows or Gparted.

Edited by twrock

Guest twrock

I installed this ROM following the instructions but over a period from two days the phone went two times stuck when I was making a call. You can still keep talking but the screen and/or buttons don't react anymore. The only solution is pulling the battery. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks

If you are referring to TXG, then your problem does not appear to be common (i.e. we aren't seeing others reporting this problem). If that is true, then it is most likely something specific to your particular situation.

I can only suggest that you attempt installing it again. But make sure you are doing a full factory reset/data wipe in Recovery before you begin and verify again that you are doing every step as per the instructions.

Guest Moskito204

thanks

i've installed the rom, and it look ok. no problems found this time...

i think that happened because the sd card was not well formated.

Thanks

Moskito204

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pieteklaas

thanks

i've installed the rom, and it look ok. no problems found this time...

i think that happened because the sd card was not well formated.

Thanks

Moskito204

I had the same problem as Moskito204. I restarted, the same problem. Pulled the battery off for a longer time: problem solved. This is my first full working froyo rom, im very heppy with it. For now there is one question. Moving App to SD does not move the hwole app to sd, mostly half of the mb's are on internal mamory, why and how is this?

Thanks for good work

Guest twrock

I had the same problem as Moskito204. I restarted, the same problem. Pulled the battery off for a longer time: problem solved. This is my first full working froyo rom, im very heppy with it. For now there is one question. Moving App to SD does not move the hwole app to sd, mostly half of the mb's are on internal mamory, why and how is this?

Thanks for good work

Have a look at the second post under "Post-installation settings". Particularly consider "cachesd".

My guess is that the whole app is being moved to sd, but the cache is not.

Guest mamuch

Does anyone know why I cant get to the lock screen? The lock pattern works perfectly, but the basic unlock screen is missing.

Any ideas?

Guest twrock

Does anyone know why I cant get to the lock screen? The lock pattern works perfectly, but the basic unlock screen is missing.

Any ideas?

I'm sorry, but I don't have a solution for you.

However, you might want to consider upgrading to the newer Styx rom. I personally use Styx, and I believe it is significantly better than this rom. Please read the whole first post before you decide to make the upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest santiag

Hi, Thank everybody for the great job you are doing with the u8220, . I am using twrock TXG rom. I´m very happy how it works

however, the sound while I am in a talk is very low. Is very dificult to hear the other person if there is a little of noise.

Could somebody help me to solve this?. I find it difficult to use the phone in these conditions

Sorry for my terrible english.