Strange problem after OTA update

Guest inf

The problem is here...

E/AndroidRuntime(  412): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 412): java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to com.android.internal.telephony.cat.CommandParams
E/AndroidRuntime( 412): at com.android.internal.telephony.cat.CatService.handleRilMsg(CatService.java:215)[/code]

...in the handleRilMsg function.

It should be possible to see what changed in that function between 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 by looking at the code in AOSP, seeing what commits were made etc.

I'm on my laptop atm, on the sofa, with a glass of wine and I don't have the Android source on this machine... but when I'm in the office tomorrow if I get a chance i'll try and take a look for you.

P

It could well be radio related also (or even in a RIL library)... when you switch between the two I assume you're changing radios? I wonder if flashing back to the previous baseband would work?

P

inf, i'll ping you something to test tomorrow. I'll forward-port the handleRilMessage function from ITL41F into the current build and if that fixes the issue, we at least know where to look for the specific problem.

P

It could well be radio related also (or even in a RIL library)... when you switch between the two I assume you're changing radios? I wonder if flashing back to the previous baseband would work?

P

I flashed the files according the instructions in the flash-all.sh script:

fastboot flash boot <bootloader file>

fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash radio <radio file>

fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot -w update <factory image zip

Shouldn't make a difference should it? I reckon a new SIM card is in order

It seems that the problem is indeed in my sim card. I tested with a another SIM, and no errors...have to order a new sim card from my company.

Seems that even the new SIM card didn't resolve the problem.

What the hell is this....i tested with another sim card (another virtual operator, using the same network) and with that sim, no errors.

Seems that even the new SIM card didn't resolve the problem.

What the hell is this....i tested with another sim card (another virtual operator, using the same network) and with that sim, no errors.

Have you tried to flash the img and then the radio ?

Have you tried to flash the img and then the radio ?

You mean that first fastboot the rom zip and after that the radio and bootloader?

I think I read somewhere that the factory image checks the bootloader and the radio version, and if they don't match to what is needed it won't flash....

EDIT: Tested, but no effect.

Edited by inf