[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Guest jeddy1

I'm not talking about the rom that this thread was made for. That's wonderful and real work. This guy on the other hand just added a few files that were already available and uploaded it as his own work, even going as far as iterating the version number, without any actual improvements.

Let me repeat this again: this wasn't directed at Tom G. the actual developer but to the guy whose post I originally quoted. Text comprehension is a really useful skill, you should learn it.

Your point of me shutting up and letting guys do their work is really badword up, because the guy I was complaining about didn't do any work.

LIKE i see u didnt read it well last 2 pages

someone suggested that ok bec some people are having problems! this guy just offers all-in-one !!

do u know what that means ?that the people having problems with superuser and gapps can flash that zip directly

u should say sorry and thanks to him !!

Guest B9Anders

I'm using it as a daily driver at the moment, it runs very smoothly, gallery is working for me. No camera or browser at the moment though. Facebook contact sync doesn't work at all but this is not a limit in the ROM, just ICS as a whole due to a dispute between google and facebook. Battery life is better for me then any other ROM I've ever run.

Thanks. Sounds good enough for me to want to try out.

Stupid question, part 2 (google didn't help much): What exactly is in the GAPPS package? And if I do install it, can I just flash it right after having flashed the rom or what is the proper procedure?

Guest chimas

I'm not talking about the rom that this thread was made for. That's wonderful and real work. This guy on the other hand just added a few files that were already available and uploaded it as his own work, even going as far as iterating the version number, without any actual improvements.

Let me repeat this again: this wasn't directed at Tom G. the actual developer but to the guy whose post I originally quoted. Text comprehension is a really useful skill, you should learn it.

Your point of me shutting up and letting guys do their work is really badword up, because the guy I was complaining about didn't do any work.

First I think you should take your own advise. The person you quoted said he made some improvements on the original rom. S/He didn't say "I made a new rom". Nor is he taking credit for the rom. He made some improvements (changes / additions) which in his(her) opinion thought was worth sharing. Don't condemn people for trying to help, rather condone it. How else will new devs be made if you slap them down before they have a chance to fly.

@b9anders Yes you can flash the gapps right away. It contains the market which to be honest is the most important app. The rest are Map, Places, Gmail, Navigation and talk

Edited by chimas

Guest hugobosslives

very usable as a daily rom.

i use it as my rom. and since this is currently my only phone. my rom has to be a daily one.

all that stuff you need works. and you can download apps that sync your facebook contacts.

gallery also works perfectly. (well apart from the pinch zoom feature, and videos [they are a bit slow 5fps])

3g data, wifi, texts, phone calls, etc all work fine. tho you have to use a different browser to the stock one.

the only thingsdon't work that should bother most people is camera, stock browser and some apps in market.

Stupid question, part 2 (google didn't help much): What exactly is in the GAPPS package? And if I do install it, can I just flash it right after having flashed the rom or what is the proper procedure?

its the google apps. i.e gmail, market, google talk etc.

yes i flashed it straight after the rom along with the su zip

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest jeddy1

Thanks. Sounds good enough for me to want to try out.

look at the previous page the last posts is mentioned alpha 5.1

install that and nothing else

it has included gapps ,su fixed and smth else :D

Guest B9Anders

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I find Opera Mini superior to the stock browser anyhow, so that is no big deal to me.

Hugobosslives: Any suggested apps for facebook integration?

Guest chimas

Can some do me a favor and try using root explorer with this rom. BTW to whom it may concern I got the whatsapp to work. You simple go to their website and download it from there

Guest targetbsp

Alpha 5.2 someone? :D As a gamer, the lack of multi touch was the only thing preventing this being my daily rom. And my web browser has had an ICS compatibility update since I last tried CM9. The camera is of no particular interest to me. I'm sort of half replying to the is it usable question here too!

Root Explorer worked fine for me.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest chimas

Alpha 5.2 someone? :D As a gamer, the lack of multi touch was the only thing preventing this being my daily rom. And my web browser has had an ICS compatibility update since I last tried CM9. The camera is of no particular interest to me. I'm sort of half replying to the is it usable question here too!

Thanks will try again. BTW I just discovered that they was an alpha 19?ohmy.gif

Guest sm4tik

I decided to test the kernel anyway but after a quick spin, I think it's not worth it. Tested multi touch with quickpic and it works, but for some reason it's lagging more than with the kernel in alpha5. Also gallery isn't working?? I'm uploading it now for the adventurous, maybe it's just me? Will edit post with a dl-link soon.

edit: here

md5 11fe832543fa6bd610732244da3385f9

Edited by sm4tik

Guest jeddy1

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I find Opera Mini superior to the stock browser anyhow, so that is no big deal to me.

Hugobosslives: Any suggested apps for facebook integration?

Do you see what is saying in every post i write ??i mean down something like justopen,rar

well download it .the normal fb app its not working

this one i uploaded is working

its black fb :D

Guest jeddy1

I decided to test the kernel anyway but after a quick spin, I think it's not worth it. Tested multi touch with quickpic and it works, but for some reason it's lagging more than with the kernel in alpha5. Also gallery isn't working?? I'm uploading it now for the adventurous, maybe it's just me? Will edit post with a dl-link soon.

edit: here

md5 11fe832543fa6bd610732244da3385f9

did u overclock ?if yes how much ?

just asking bec i wanna know not test anything :D

Guest B9Anders

Do you see what is saying in every post i write ??i mean down something like justopen,rar

well download it .the normal fb app its not working

this one i uploaded is working

its black fb :D

Cheers, jeddy.

Sadly, this is not a happy experiment for me. I tried the "5.1" first, but that never got past the bootsplash no matter how long I waited.

Then I tried the one in the OP. This brings me to the welcome screen after entering my PIN, then it tells me DSPManager has crashed and when I push start, it "unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped".

:(

Edited by B9Anders

Guest brookergray

Working browser anyone? :lol:

This also means working gmail, facebook, google reader and everything that uses webkit.

I'll make a flashable zip in a sec.

post-710593-0-37654400-1325710368_thumb. post-710593-0-30804000-1325710558_thumb.

EDIT

Here's the link: http://www.box.com/s/c0h5v1jq326noi93xy10

Just flash in clockwork. And for God's sake, please DO NOT WIPE DALVIK CACHE. It's useless.

I baksmalied the framework.jar from the ics alpha in the other thread and copied some smali files. Credit to the original creator.

Edited by brookergray

Guest B9Anders

OK, I got the "5.0" in the OP to boot by flashing the rom and nothing else. Then I rebooted into clockwork again, flashed GAPP and Su and now whenever I reboot, it keeps rebooting into clockwork whenever I start it.

What the Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo am I doing wrong?

Guest JimJam707

OK, I got the "5.0" in the OP to boot by flashing the rom and nothing else. Then I rebooted into clockwork again, flashed GAPP and Su and now whenever I reboot, it keeps rebooting into clockwork whenever I start it.

What the Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo am I doing wrong?

Flash it all in one go.

Guest davidnintendo

Thanks a lot, this is pretty much the only thing making it hard to use as a daily driver!

Also devs from the AOSP build got a fix on multitouch in the kernel, so perhaps if we grab the latest update kernel and put it on CM9 multitouch starts working. The problem is that maybe it breaks USB host mode, and if TomG made kernel tweaks to get Hardware Acceleration working, it may break it too. If anyone tries it please tell us what you get :D

Guest jeddy1

One is aosp so as close to stock as possible.

The other is cm7 based so has some cm7 apps.

Its worth checking both out.

I guess u mean CM9 :P

lol