[ROM] [29-03] TripNMiUI V4 - MIUI ICS | B008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TheBigGun

I've tried to change brightness levels. Here is what I did:

1. decompiled framework-res.apk with apktool

2. changed levels in framework-res/res/values/arrays.xml according to values from CM9

3. built it back with apktool

4. signed new framework-res.apk with signapk

5. adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/

After reboot everything is crashing. Should I also rebuild some other apk? You mentioned Settings.apk, should I rebuild it even if I do not change it? Thx for your help.

Guest TripNRaVeR

I've tried to change brightness levels. Here is what I did:

1. decompiled framework-res.apk with apktool

2. changed levels in framework-res/res/values/arrays.xml according to values from CM9

3. built it back with apktool

4. signed new framework-res.apk with signapk

5. adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/

After reboot everything is crashing. Should I also rebuild some other apk? You mentioned Settings.apk, should I rebuild it even if I do not change it? Thx for your help.

Not sign the apk, just replace the resources file with 7zip

Guest TheBigGun

Not sign the apk, just replace the resources file with 7zip

You mean resources.arsc? How can I use 7zip? Do you mean to replace it in ROM zip before flashing ROM? Can I replace it after flashing?

Guest nba1341

I restored everything on b003 and still am using it haven't had any reboots or anything I guess I'll stay on it and see what happens.

Well no apps I have installed are showing up in market even after clearing market cache/data

APPS now showed up once google voice picked up an update.

Edited by nba1341

Guest TheBigGun

Just open the apk with 7zip and place the resources file in it

Thx, that works. Which is strange... New resources file has a different size, which means it has different CRC. It means that the original sign is not valid anymore. Have no idea why it works and why signed by me apk does not. If you'll have time, please explain why it happens. Do I have to sign with some special certificates?

Here is a flashable zip with auto-brightness fix for TripNMiUI v4 B003: http://www.mediafire.com/?4nxhr741di13hjz

Guest tentoace

meh, I don't understand your problem with xda... If modaco was a bigger forum, it would get as much useless s*** as xda does, however, I do understand trip's problem, but the rest of you are just bamdwagoning bithes

Trip.... You on fire right now cuz, good job!! The latest beta for cm9 is on point... About to try this then the new miui... Damn, you coming back to back...

Guest nba1341

Got everything restored as it should be on b004 and everything is great. Signal bars work getting full data speeds. No reboots and so far no app closes

Does anybody have a download for this wallpaper?

Screenshot_2012-02-07-16-28-34.png

it was default in b001 but i cannot set it as my desktop wallpaper in b004 and it doesnt even come up under lockscreen wallpapers it just happens to be my wallpaper there

Edited by nba1341

plz question for trip?

hey master whatsup great job!!!!!

tell me plz why when im in sense rom i can choose wallpaper and it makes a crup and fit it to home screen

but in lots rom like yours and like all the miui from time before when i want to use wallpaper i cant fit it to homescreen its not vertical crupt and aleways the wallpaper got strech or somthing else got big but not fit exaclly like it should

any idea what to do???

(sorry for bad english)

Guest boldtaction

Just curious as to the changelog from B003 to B004. If it's just a signal bar fix I'll wait for a while.

Really happy with B003 so far. Outstanding work Trip!

EDIT: nvm, saw first post changelog

Edited by boldtaction