[ROM] [29-03] TripNMiUI V4 - MIUI ICS | B008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest ykcorse

I have tested 3 different setups:

1 ) Original firmware ( I had never change it before, maybe when rooting without knowing it) and first version of this rom.

Everything worked quite good for me. I had the bugs everybody commented, but no reboots, good battery, no overtheating.

2) 3.24 Firmware (from xda) and second b002.

This was bad. Lots of reboots when doing normal things, overheatting, really bad battery life, ...

3) 3.24 Firmware and second b002 with kernel cm9_htc_3.0_kernel_tripnraver

This is working good so far, calendar is now working. I havent tested themes. No reboots so far, but the phone does not work when connecting it to the computer

I was thinking about going back to b001, because connecting the phone to the computer is very important for me (it is the only way to charge it at work).

Have anyone tried tripnice firmware/b002/kernel_cm9_htc_3.0_kernel_tripnraver??

I am also missing google talk. It would not work after flashing gapps, but for the rest I think this room was perfect and it is ok to use it everyday! thanks to developer :)

Edited by ykcorse

1 ) Original firmware ( I had never change it before, maybe when rooting without knowing it) and first version of this rom.

Everything worked quite good for me. I had the bugs everybody commented, but no reboots, good battery, no overtheating.

This was bad. Lots of reboots when doing normal things, overheatting, really bad battery life, ...

This is working good so far, calendar is now working. I havent tested themes. No reboots so far, but the phone does not work when connecting it to the computer

I was thinking about going back to b001, because connecting the phone to the computer is very important for me (it is the only way to charge it at work).

I am also missing google talk. It would not work after flashing gapps, but for the rest I think this room was perfect and it is ok to use it everyday! thanks to developer :)

Try extracting Talk.apk from B2 rom. Works for me

Anyone notice that when clicking on a link from say Tapatalk, it will start loading in Browser then Browser will close?

Edited by Zehlek

Guest ykcorse

Try extracting Talk.apk from B2 rom. Works for me

Anyone notice that when clicking on a link from say Tapatalk, it will start loading in Browser then Browser will close?

Thanks for the tip, but I cannot find it in TripNMiUI_v4_Pyramid_2.1.27-B002/system/app , which folder did you extract it from?

[Ok..I dont get this. I ve been flashing ROMS on a weekly basis since 2009 (G1, Nexus One, MI One, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1), so Im no idiot. But I for the life of me am getting so many random reboots that its making me crazy.

I superwiped, then to be on the safe side did full wipe, wipe cache and dalvic again. I then flashed the ROM and powered off the phone. I rebooted into the bootloader and flashed trips new firmware. So far so good. Only had one reboot on titanium restore, but then all was ok. Went into contacts and attempted to copy my phone number to paste it into whatsapp....softboot. It then installed. Went into themes and while BROWSING the themes, softboot. Then on the next reboot there was no lockscreen anymore, but when I touch the screen the pin code prompt comes up. Then I went settings - development settings...softboot. Tried turning on wifi, but it hangs...pressed reboot, but then it stuck on the reboot screen for 6 minutes. Pulled battery and restarted. Then I get a message saying I have to reboot in order to use the mobile settings? WTF? Rebooted and then went into market. Agree to terms screen popped up and I pressed accept...softboot.

This all happened in a matter of 20 minutes. Im using an HTC Sensation 4G (from the US) and havent had trouble on other ROMS. Been on Virtuous Inc. for a while now and havent had any soft boots.

Im not saying its the ROM. If others are getting it to work, I must be doing something wrong. Any idea as to why this is happening repeatedly no matter which firmware Im using on Trips ROMS? I LOVE this ROM, but for the life of me I cant get 5 minutes without a softboot. I have fixed permissions 3 times and still no luck.

Any ideas on what I can try or what I might be doing wrong thats causing all this?

EDIT: Ok..I just reread what I just wrote, and this seems like a kernal issue. I just realized I havent flashed 3.0 CM9 kernal. Im guessing thats probably where the issue is coming from. I ll flash it now and see if it clears it up.

Edited by Dai323

I'm running this combination and am charging the phone so I can test the battery tomorrow at work.

The phone has been pretty stable so far. Skype still closes when it tries to login, Twitter works but won't sync with my contacts, G+ works (had a couple of random FCs with it), Gallery works, Music works (still sounds a bit distorted and the volume needs to be lowered to at least 2/3 to not hurt the speaker), Camera works (only picture taking, no video or panorama), Calendar works (sync too), YouTube FCs, Maps are a bit unstable, but GPS works (also tested with GPS status and getting 7/7 satellite locks from inside the house), Browser is also unstable, getting random FCs, SMS works, haven't had many calls but I gather calling and receiving calls works OK.

Overall, I get random FCs for almost every app I've tried and it really is random. For example I can open contacts from the dialer and it would briefly show the contact list and immediately take me to the home screen. Then I would open it the same way as before and it would work.

Scrolling is smooth everywhere, phone is much more responsive than without the 3.0 kernel (I don't know if Trips FW did anything ... maybe).

This is nice, moving in the right direction Trip. I'll celebrate the day you or anyone else gets BT and camera working on this ROM or AOSP (BT Car kit is waiting). :)

but the phone does not work when connecting it to the computer

Use Virtual data cable apk from Market (WiFi connection)

i love this rom not meny hickups and just some reboots....BUT it dont detect headphones, it still play it in the loadspeaker when i connect my headphones and dont show the "headphone"icon....eny ideas ? itryed both with phone-headphones and regular...

Guest nba1341
Was getting mad problems and fcs,, but after flashing cm9 3.0, kernal, its running awesome. Nice work Trip :-)

no random app closes? I am. getting apps closing without any prompt

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Tapatalk

Guest nba1341
i love this rom not meny hickups and just some reboots....BUT it dont detect headphones, it still play it in the loadspeaker when i connect my headphones and dont show the "headphone"icon....eny ideas ? itryed both with phone-headphones and regular...

use app to. toggle headphones it was on page 2 or 3 of this thread check my post history

no random app closes? I am. getting apps closing without any prompt

Have you flashed Trips firmware AND the new kernal? That seems to have solved the majority of my issues.

Have you flashed Trips firmware AND the new kernal? That seems to have solved the majority of my issues.

I flashed both and am still getting random app FCs. At least the system doesn't hang anymore.

Guest TripNRaVeR

I will udate this tomorow with the proper kernel for miui instead of the cm9 one. Also i will recompile some parts to match it up to cm9 1:1 except this will be miui offcourse.

Dont know if anyone else is gettign this....When i press the power button it thinks im pressing it twice, so trying to reboot the phone brings up reboot menu then when i let go the phone sleeps?

LOGCAT

D/PhoneStatusBar( 4190): disable: < EXPAND* icons alerts ticker system_info back

home recent clock >

D/memalloc(  816): /dev/pmem: Allocated buffer base:0x41cea000 size:1048576 offs

et:4194304 fd:6

D/memalloc( 4116): /dev/pmem: Mapped buffer base:0x4f981000 size:5242880 offset:

4194304 fd:306

E/msm8660.hwcomposer(  816): hwc_prepare invalid list or module

E/msm8660.hwcomposer(  816): hwc_set invalid list or module

I/power   ( 4116): *** set_screen_state 0

V/AudioHardwareMSM8660( 4083): AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::write(0x17db0, 4800) dev =

V/AudioHardwareMSM8660( 4083): setParameters() screen_state=off

D/LockScreen( 4116): current status is Normal, and prev status is Normal

D/PhoneStatusBar( 4190): disable: < EXPAND icons alerts ticker system_info back

home RECENT* clock >

D/PhoneStatusBar( 4190): disable: < EXPAND icons alerts TICKER* system_info back

home RECENT clock >

D/PhoneStatusBar( 4190): disable: < EXPAND icons alerts TICKER system_info BACK*

HOME* RECENT clock >

D/memalloc(  816): /dev/pmem: Allocated buffer base:0x41cea000 size:2088960 offs

et:14360576 fd:40

D/memalloc( 4116): /dev/pmem: Mapped buffer base:0x51a63000 size:16449536 offset

:14360576 fd:288

D/memalloc( 4116): /dev/pmem: Unmapping buffer base:0x4f981000 size:5242880 offs

et:4194304

D/memalloc(  816): /dev/pmem: Freeing buffer base:0x420ea000 size:1048576 offset

:4194304 fd:6

Guest AlessioPAG

Trip thanks for your great work on CM9 and MIUI V4..

Can you please add multilanguage in MIUI V4 as in MIUI Gingerbread..??

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Guest AlessioPAG

TripNRaVeR i want to try to make my own a language pack for this rom..i have done this for MIUI Gb..but i have a question..

I have to decompile all apks and framework put xml of my language ..delete rsrc and recompile and sign..my question is: how can i add italian option to the rom so the phone read my language xml and not English..??

Juast an other question: Is there a way to make the translation easier without decompiling all..??

Edited by AlessioPAG

Guest TripNRaVeR

how can i add italian option to the rom so the phone read my language xml and not English..??

framework-res.apk

Juast an other question: Is there a way to make the translation easier without decompiling all..??

galnet miui forums had an easy translation app for miui gingerbread not sure if it works on ics

I will udate this tomorow with the proper kernel for miui instead of the cm9 one. Also i will recompile some parts to match it up to cm9 1:1 except this will be miui offcourse.

Awesome bro :-D Quick question...This ROM is based on CM9 right? Then on paper, these Cyan themed apps should work correct?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1472528

Guest TheBigGun

Hi, thx for the great ROM. I have an issue with Autobrightness. It is way darker than it should be. The autobrightness feature works, because brightness is changing from time to time, but it is always too dark, so I'm forced to set brightness manually. Is this a known issue and is there any fix for that? I have 3.24 firmware, beta2 ROM and HTC 3.0 kernel from CM9.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hi, thx for the great ROM. I have an issue with Autobrightness. It is way darker than it should be. The autobrightness feature works, because brightness is changing from time to time, but it is always too dark, so I'm forced to set brightness manually. Is this a known issue and is there any fix for that? I have 3.24 firmware, beta2 ROM and HTC 3.0 kernel from CM9.

Decompile framework-res.apk / settings.apk and change the autobrightness levels and release a patch :unsure: