[ROM] [29-03] TripNMiUI V4 - MIUI ICS | B008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TheBigGun

Decompile framework-res.apk / settings.apk and change the autobrightness levels and release a patch :unsure:

Well, I'm a programmer, but have never tried to do anything for android. That's a chance to try it, thx :)

Guest TripNRaVeR

Well, I'm a programmer, but have never tried to do anything for android. That's a chance to try it, thx :)

Its quite easy but a good way to start!

If you want the correct values then decompile the same apps from my cm9 rom and use the values that are in there. Then recompile and replace resources inside the correct apk then you dont need to sign the apk

Yes

AWESOME :-D

I will udate this tomorow with the proper kernel for miui instead of the cm9 one. Also i will recompile some parts to match it up to cm9 1:1 except this will be miui offcourse.

Will this version have a fix for the reboot that occurs when plugging into a PC?

Guest TripNRaVeR

It does say it fixed minor audio issue, try it and find out?:P

Btw, is this MIUI like the miui.us, where you can use sense kernels?

Custom kernels arent supported, and only the htc stock 3.0 kernel is working on this rom.

I treid to use the Torch.apk and it made the phone reboot, Now when the phone boots up i have a torch on the screen and cant get past it? Ill do a full wipe and reflash, see if it happens again?

Guest GaryMachete
I treid to use the Torch.apk and it made the phone reboot, Now when the phone boots up i have a torch on the screen and cant get past it? Ill do a full wipe and reflash, see if it happens again?

Haha yea i def had to wipe and reflash to get around that. weird.

Guest taffypride

ADB doesn't recognise the phone..... least of all not for me. Was working on Virtuous Inquisition 3.0.0 which is a De-Sensed ICS build....

Other than that, Bluetooth, Video and Panorama don't work (but then don't seem to work in any AOSP version of ICS on the Sensation yet....)

Only thing I find odd with the Video and Panorama thing is that if I take the apk and install it into VI, then both work...even ups the camera to full 8Mp rather than the 5Mp standard in VI

Guest Duncank

Well, i can't get root (Titanium Backup), so i went back to B002 till this is fixed.

Any suggests to get root on B003?

Same thing here, latest Trip-firmware and all I did next to flashing this rom (after Superwipe), was flashing gapps.

Also, the signal strength-icon does show internet-activity and internet works also, but there are no bars visible.

Next to that, seems stable till now! Thanks trip

ADB doesn't recognise the phone..... least of all not for me. Was working on Virtuous Inquisition 3.0.0 which is a De-Sensed ICS build....

Other than that, Bluetooth, Video and Panorama don't work (but then don't seem to work in any AOSP version of ICS on the Sensation yet....)

Only thing I find odd with the Video and Panorama thing is that if I take the apk and install it into VI, then both work...even ups the camera to full 8Mp rather than the 5Mp standard in VI

What is VI and how did you do it?

Edited by Zehlek

Guest taffypride

What is VI and how did you do it?

VI = Virtuous Inquisition

Virtuous Inquisition is probably THE most stable AOSP-Style Ice Cream Sandwich rom for the Sensation, however it still uses the HTC Sense framework, but with certain apps replaced with AOSP equivalents....eg Rosie for Nova or Trebuchet, HTC Camera for AOSP Camera, HTC Music for Google Music, etc....

VI = Virtuous Inquisition

Virtuous Inquisition is probably THE most stable AOSP-Style Ice Cream Sandwich rom for the Sensation, however it still uses the HTC Sense framework, but with certain apps replaced with AOSP equivalents....eg Rosie for Nova or Trebuchet, HTC Camera for AOSP Camera, HTC Music for Google Music, etc....

Oh Ok, yea that is because VI is still Sense based