[ROM / 2.3.1] Stripped AndyPad Pro ROM 4 (January 18)

Guest Csharpe

Guest Tony_J

Hey guys, I know it's been a while... I've been working on Boot To Gecko and some other OS.

I got hold of Astralix again and he got most of the kernel code cleaned up & working for the Odys loox.

He's now helping me port it to AP so we can use CM9/AOSP ICS and other roms, as with a working kernel we can make it run anything (in theory).

Expect some results. (soon, I hope)

That is great news - we are waiting eagerly!

Regards,

Tony

Guest Csharpe

The kernel boots the OS now with adb access in ICS, but the LCD driver's still 'crap' so there's no interface...

I've tried plenty of clock-speeds for the LCD but no results, and the datasheet lacks porches (we all love Chinese hardware...).

Plenty of work just came in so development might be stalled a bit, I'm sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tichy

Hey guys, I'm still running v3b on my pad, but i'm unable to get the HDMI working.

Have you come across this before?

Guest sboh247

Yes, there are some problems in v4 with the rootfs flags, which I still have to change in boot.img...

I just don't have the time right now to work on this smile.gif I'm loaded with work right now.

Maybe in a month or so I can do another update, in meanwhile, for those curious, just uncomment the line in init.rc #rootfs ro, with rw flag instead, that should fix most of the issues.

Keep in mind that init.rc from /etc/ is just a symlink from boot partition but cannot be changed. This needs repacking of the cpio ramdisk.

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with a step-by-step procedure on how to root my andypad properly as instructed from the quoted post above. I have done searches but I havent found anything to lead me in the right direction. Thanks.

Edited by sboh247

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spacejammed

Bought the Standard and took back today, getting pro on monday but some questions,

1. Do i need to update this rom stage at a time, i.e v2, v3, v4 or can I put V4 straight on?

2. Do i need to install android market place or is this in the Rom, If not how do I do that?

3. Will this make it run better.?

4. is there a idiots guide to installing the ROM?

Thanks in advance

Guest Csharpe

Bought the Standard and took back today, getting pro on monday but some questions,

1. Do i need to update this rom stage at a time, i.e v2, v3, v4 or can I put V4 straight on?

2. Do i need to install android market place or is this in the Rom, If not how do I do that?

3. Will this make it run better.?

4. is there a idiots guide to installing the ROM?

Thanks in advance

You don't have to install previous ROMS to use one or another. Although, I'd advise you to use v3 since v4 has instability issues due to wrong rootfs mount.

I'm not sure what AP ships their tablets with nowadays, but generally this roms runs 'faster' and has less bloatware installed. As for the guide, just follow the steps on the first page :)

Also, AP just tweeted that they'll release ICS this weekend, so we might get more stability after all. Let's all hope they didn't mess with the basic ICS layouts.

Guest Tony_J

Also, AP just tweeted that they'll release ICS this weekend, so we might get more stability after all. Let's all hope they didn't mess with the basic ICS layouts.

Hi Csharpe -

Assuming that ICS is forthcoming in the next few days, will there be any complication in installing it for those of us that took advantage of installing one of your ROMs? (for which many thanks BTW - I have been running V4 for a while & haven't found it to be unstable as yet!)

Regards,

Tony

Guest Csharpe

Hi Csharpe -

Assuming that ICS is forthcoming in the next few days, will there be any complication in installing it for those of us that took advantage of installing one of your ROMs? (for which many thanks BTW - I have been running V4 for a while & haven't found it to be unstable as yet!)

Regards,

Tony

There won't be any trouble upgrading as long as they provide their updates in the original RK29 format, so the official way to update the tablet.

It's impossible that they release the update trough andyapp anyway, since that doesn't have the privilege to flash a rom.