[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

TripNDroid Mobile Engineering is proud to present you TripNiCE "The next level"

This ICE Cream Sandwich rom is AOSP based, with alot of modifications and additions by TripNDroid Mobile Engineering.

After installation the following but not limited to is included;

- TripNDroid Audio Processing System (TAPS)

- Mobile Bravia Engine (ICS Edition)

created by SEMC, modified/rebuilded by TripNRaVeR

- YouTube

- Gmail

- Market 3.4.4

Working:

- Mobile network (100%)

- Audio (100%)

- TAPS (100%)

- Market (100%)

- Video playback (100%)

- True Hardware Acceleration (99%) :rolleyes:

- GPS (100%)

- SDcard mount-to-pc (100%)

- WIFI (100%)

- WIFI Hotspot (100%)

- Webview (100%)

Partly working:

- Camera

video recording not working (before taking picture switch to video cam to fully initialize cam)

Not working:

- Bluetooth

doesnt turn on, alltough improvements seen in logcat, seems i'm missing something, no clue on this

Changelog 003:

- big fixes in reboots/lockups

- big performance upgrade

- lowered temperature

- new tripnraver cpu governor

- completely rebuilded rom

- some camera fixes

- gps updates

- hw accel updates

- google maps removed

- sound improvements

- videoplayback improved

- updates for usb stability

- rotation fixes

- small wifi fixes

Information:

If you want to use this rom with the latest ICS firmware and also want a ENG hboot please check the firmware topic for info and downloads. Keep the discussion about firmware in its own topic. This topic is for the rom itself.

KEEP THE DISCUSSION IN THIS TOPIC TO THE SUBJECT, MEANING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS ROM AND EVERYTHING THAT COMES WITH IT.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?81u4cfm8lgg25pq

Last but not least, the looks;

001vvc.jpg

002daq.jpg

no kernel sources, htc stock kernel

T.

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest Vexation

Got to hand it to you Trip, you never fail us. Time to take this big boy for a spin and see how it goes!

I hereby also request any mod to remove any posts which are not related to the topic or could be considered as spam, flaming, other rom discussions or the likes to ensure that this thread will stay true to the rom and the rom alone.

Thanks Trip for your continued hard work!

Edit: I will try and compile a list of known bugs in this post so that people will not report their bug for the 12th time in the thread. Also, if possible, I'll list a (temporary) fix next to the bug.

Currently known buglist for version: TR001B:

• Gmail/GReader app showing tiles, making info unreadable. (Might be fixed by flashing Gapps: http://www.mediafire...42kld6q2ujy668j) (Alternative: Download K9Mail from Market)
  • MMS not working.
  • Facebook FC'ing or not displaying correctly
  • Apps FC'ing causing soft reboot instead of going back to home screen
  • Wi-fi tethering issues

Edited by Vexation

I also would like to thank you trip for creating a true AOSP ICS for the Sensation instead of these crappy deodexed ones from sense. Your hard work really shows in the roms usability and speed

Guest MZeroEW2

Has anyone gotten Wifi tethering to work?

Edit: never mind i got it work.

Trip this rom is amazing. keep up the good work

Edited by MZeroEW2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey Trip

Edit: I enabled open gl rendering which fixed the problem.

It works fine with me after installation of the rom without modifications.

Enabled or disabled opengl?

Guest Chilled26

It works fine with me after installation of the rom without modifications.

Enabled or disabled opengl?

I disabled it and it fixed the problem.

Edited by Chilled26

Guest vikorth

Hey Trip

Edit: I enabled open gl rendering which fixed the problem.

I am having similar display aberration in email app. How did you enable the open gl. I want to try it and see it takes care of it for me. Email is the most important thing for me.

Guest Cyberdan3

ROM is super smooth but I too am having glitch screens on Gmail and in browser. Can't find any setting to enable opengl..... Also Trip, are we supposed to enable the 2d hardware rendering?

Guest Vexation

Hmm, for me the Browser works perfectly fine, without any alterations to the standard settings. However, Gmail is indeed also displaying Tiles instead of the normal message and caused my device to reboot after opening the gmail app.

Browser works just fine for me on a clean install.

No screen glitches.

Edit: But there is something going on. If I open Google Reader and try to read any article, I get the same glitch that the Browser used to have. Also, it happens in the SuperUser "What's New" window that shows up when you first open the app for the first time.

Edited by gbzbar

Guest Chilled26

ROM is super smooth but I too am having glitch screens on Gmail and in browser. Can't find any setting to enable opengl..... Also Trip, are we supposed to enable the 2d hardware rendering?

To fix browser type "about:debug" in browser with out the quotation marks of course then go to debug and click enable open gl rendering. I don't know how to fix this in Gmail though as I am also seeing tiles.

People who are having trouble with the tiling in browser or Gmail. Try doing a full clean install wiping dalvik and data cache, then install the Gapps from trip. It solved all my issues and it runs smoothly.

For Trip: Opera browser is now FC always and wasn't on any previous rom from you. sorry I can't be more help than that.

Edited by Lobrau